Presentation on theme: "Red data indicate the error rates"— Presentation transcript:
1Answer Sheet Corn Germination Referee: Seedling Evaluation Arbitre de germination SPR de maïs
2Red data indicate the error rates Picture No.AOSA (51 participants)M&P (46 participants)AnswerNormal (+)Abnormal (-)unknownNormal (+)Abnormal (-)1-1338+925%75%83%20%21437222427%73%48%52%3283343%55%2%28%72%45145100%0%98%5271959%41%61536291729%71%63%37%74414%86%8*Photo may not clear351176%24%104%96%42882%18%17%124393%7%
31. Note: Split entire length of coleoptile to node In accordance with M&Pthis would be classifiedas NormalLeaf is not badly shreddedor longitudinally splitThere is not a deep opencrack in the MesocotylAOSA and ISTA:Abnormal:Leaf damaged, coleoptile tip damaged and the coleoptile split more than 1/3 of the length from the tip.
42. Abnormal: Missing primary root with weak seminal roots. Note: Mixed opinions whether the seminal roots are “weak”, however, the majority of participants concluded seminal roots are insufficient.This may need further clarity or guidelines in rules for achieving uniformity in evaluation result.
53. Normal: Decay in middle of coleoptile is from secondary infection, e.g., test conditions eithertemperature too warm intowel, or decayed seedlingadjacent.Tissue above and belowdecayed area is healthy –indicative of secondary infection.Decay
64. Normal In towels, there may be considerable twisting of the shoot system.The shoot is twisting aroundanother seedling in thetowel to reach the light or the seed could have been upside down.Seedlings grown inthe dark or in low intensitylight will exhibitincreased elongationof the coleoptile andMesocotyl (not this photo).
75. Normal: The leaf extends more than ½ way up in the coleoptile. Hint: Knowing the separation node between the mesocotyl and coleoptile.
86.Normal for M&PLeaf is not badly shredded or longitudinally split, no deep crack in the mesocotyl.Abnormal for AOSA and ISTA- Leaf damaged, coleoptile tip damagedif the first leaf has emerged at time of evaluation, seedling is abnormal if the coleoptile has any of the following defects together with damage to the first leaf--coleoptile split for more than one-third of the length from the tip.--coleoptile strongly bent over.--coleoptile tip damaged or missing.--coleoptile split at any location below the tip.
97.Abnormal:The leaf extends less than ½ way up the coleoptile.
108. Abnormal: Split in coleoptile - visible from the beginning of spiral, and down through mesocotyl.Tight spiral is considered as normal in rules, but a close exam of the essential structures is necessary, e.g., deep split in mesocotyl.Note: Photo may not show clearly the crack in the mesocotyl.splitsplit