Presentation on theme: "Click to edit Master subtitle style 13 Insurance Myths for the Real Estate Investor… 888-741-8454."— Presentation transcript:
Click to edit Master subtitle style 13 Insurance Myths for the Real Estate Investor… www.nreinsurance.com firstname.lastname@example.org 888-741-8454
1. Insurance is exclusive of… estate, tax, and financial planning.
Insurance: Your archer in the watchtower, not your castle walls… To protect Personal and Business items within your castle, walls--- Insurance should NOT be the foundation… of an asset protection strategy. The legal entities we create are the castle walls, the moat and the watchtower we build to protect them... Insurance is the archer in the watch tower or the knights with the boiling oil.
2. Being named as an additional insured on the existing homeowner policy will sufficiently protect my interests in a subject-to and/or lease-option deal…
3. Buying a property in your personal name and using your homeowners policy liability is fine…
4. The personal dwelling fire policy is sufficient (cheap) to cover my non-owner occupied rental…
5. I have a personal umbrella policy (PUL), so I dont need commercial insurance… Umbrellas are not a panacea... Personal coverage likely doesnt cover business exposure(s) How much is enough?
6. A claim that occurred before I (or my entity) owned the property shouldnt affect MY insurance rate…
7. All-risk insurance covers everything I need… ACV RC Agreed or Market Value Basic Broad Special Co-Insurance--- what is it? What it isn't!