Presentation on theme: "Prepare Yourself for an Effective Dawah Encounter 50 Tips By Khalid AL-Dossary 0505909759"— Presentation transcript:
Prepare Yourself for an Effective Dawah Encounter 50 Tips By Khalid AL-Dossary email@example.com 0505909759 www.dawahmemo.com
Prepare Yourself for an Effective Dawah Encounter - 50 Tips May Allah bless You All For Attending This Brief Reminder May Allah bless You All For Attending This Brief Reminder Khalid I. Al-Dossary 0505909759 firstname.lastname@example.org www.dawahmemo.com
WISDOM AND BEAUTIFUL INVITATION ادْعُ إِلِى سَبِيلِ رَبِّكَ بِالْحِكْمَةِ وَالْمَوْعِظَةِ الْحَسَنَةِ وَجَادِلْهُم بالتي هي أَحْسَنُ Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: 16:125 http://www.dawahcorps.com/index.html http://www.qislam.com/site_flash/
CONVEYING THE MESSAGE يَا أَيُّهَا الرَّسُولُ بَلِّغْ مَا أُنزِلَ إِلَيْكَ مِن رَّبِّكَ وَإِن لَّمْ تَفْعَلْ فَمَا بَلَّغْتَ رِسَالَتَهُ وَاللّهُ يَعْصِمُكَ مِنَ النَّاسِ O Messenger! Proclaim the (Message) which hath been sent to thee from thy Lord. If thou didst not, thou wouldst not have fulfilled and proclaimed His mission. And Allah will defend thee from men (who mean mischief). 5:67
THE ENJOINING GOOD AND FORBIDDING EVIL كُنتُمْ خَيْرَ أُمَّةٍ أُخْرِجَتْ لِلنَّاسِ تَأْمُرُونَ بِالْمَعْرُوفِ وَتَنْهَوْنَ عَنِ الْمُنكَرِ وَتُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللّهِ You are the best of peoples, evolved for mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and believing in Allah. 3:110 You are the best of peoples, evolved for mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and believing in Allah. 3:110
Guidance vs. Competency UNKNOWN TO OTHERS
1. Always seek help from Allah, be sincere in your endeavor, and pray that you be guided to the right way. 2. Before addressing the audience, supplicate or recite (to yourself) some verses from the Holy Quran. 3. Pray (voluntarily 2 Rakaat) followed by supplication to Allah that you may be successful.
4. Ask your parents or your spouse to pray for you to be successful. 5. Before delivering your encounter, give alms, pat an orphan, or be keen to get as close as possible to Allah through performing good deeds. 6. Ask Allah to forgive your sins and pitfalls.
7. Rely heavily on Allah, the all Mighty, and the all Powerful. All might and power belong to Allah. 8. Get yourself well prepared by being fully aware of your subject. 9. Work on a mind map. 10. Sequence your subject logically so it can easily be remembered.
11. Know your subject before addressing your audience or encounter. 12. Memorize what you are going to say (If possible), and repeat it frequently. 13. Rehearse your speech at home; know your mistakes in an attempt to avoid them. (Dry- run your speech)
14. Prepare a good introduction that is well phrased and precise. 15. Be self-confident that you are capable of delivering your speech successfully (having had such confidence, you will be successful by Allahs will). 16. Be yourself; be aware of being snobbish.
17. Dont copy; use your own words, phrases and do not be someone else. However, make use of the best that is already there by developing it. 18. Be spontaneous; avoid much reading from a note or piece of paper. 19. Keep the main points before you.
20. Assign special concentration to the first five minutes. 21. Be elegant, neat, and wear good perfume. 22. Check all equipment and visual aids, and make sure you know how to use them. 23. Expect problems and be ready to solve them.
24. Take the initiative to get yourself ready to answer difficult questions 25. Challenge yourself since nothing comes easy and no gain without pain. 26. Admit that to fear is human. 27. Remind yourself that to err is human. 28. Imagine that you are a good speaker.
29. Believe that the audience is in your favor. 30. It is a grave mistake thinking that the audience is closely watching you. 31. Bear in mind that your audience has little, or no information about the subject in question. 32. The consequences of getting involved in such a speech is far better than withdrawing or being content with failure.
33. Consult people of expertise to support your confidence and strengthen your will. 34. Gradually train yourself in the art of delivering speeches and dialogues by attending forums and symposiums with audience of humble levels. 35. Attend a training course. 36. Do not start, if possible, training, delivering speech before your relatives or people with whom you have strong ties.
37. Hold, if possible, a hard object (i.e., a stick, part of the wooden pulpit, the edges of the stand, etc.) 38. Take deep breath and then relax. 39. Wear a simple smile.
40. Introduce your speech by praising Allah. 41. Introduce yourself to the audience and get to know them as well. 42. All through the program create rapport (Ice breaking technique). 43. Start by introducing easy issues that are not controversial, simple and argument -free.
44. If you cant have eye contact with your audience, look a little higher than their foreheads. 45. Pretend that you are confident through exchanging your looks and body movements. 46. Deliver your speech calmly and establish self- control. 47. Use simple body language to convey your message. Avoid distracting mannerisms. Dont move like a robot.
48. Be Enthusiastic & show your audience that you BELIEVE in what you are saying 49. Answer the audience questions to your best of knowledge. Do not hesitate to say I dont know. 50. Summarize your main points and end on a positive note
Prepare Yourself for an Effective Dawah Encounter - 50 Tips May Allah bless You All For Attending This Brief Reminder May Allah bless You All For Attending This Brief Reminder Khalid I. Al-Dossary 0505909759 email@example.com
May Allah Bless You All
BECOME A SUCCESSFUL SPEAKER
Eye Contact Look at everybody Look at everybody Move your eyes around the room Move your eyes around the room Make every member feel important Make every member feel important
Voice Speak in a loud clear voice Speak in a loud clear voice Stress key words Stress key words Speak slowly Speak slowly Repeat key points Repeat key points
Leadership Leadership is communicating is communicating peoples worth and potential so peoples worth and potential so clearly that they are inspired to see clearly that they are inspired to see it in themselves. it in themselves.