Presentation on theme: "LESSON CYCLE ANTICIPATORY SET (FOCUS) Purpose"— Presentation transcript:
1LESSON CYCLE ANTICIPATORY SET (FOCUS) Purpose OBJECTIVES(S) Materials neededINSTRUCTIONAL INPUT(TEACHING THE LESSON)GUIDED PRACTICERe-teachingINDEPENDENT PRACTICEMonitoring and adjustingASSESSMENTExtension/enrichmentIf time remainsCLOSURE
21. ANTICIPATORY SET (FOCUS) 2. Purposea. To focus the learner's attention on new learningb. To review past content or proceduresc. To relate the learning to a future lessond. To motivate the learner
33. OBJECTIVES(S)Cognitive objectives are taken directly from the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS for your content specialization/major)2. Documentation of the particular TEKS used is noted with numbers and letters i.e. 5.20H The student is expected to construct contour maps of geographical regions of the United States3. Affective, Psychomotor and Multicultural objectives help take into consideration the diverse populations in each classroom.
4MATERIALS NEEDEDWhatever is necessary to implement the lesson activitiesKEY TO SUCCESS: Have EVERYTHING READY! (Handouts, manipulatives, pencils, music, tools, etc.)
54. INSTRUCTIONAL INPUT (TEACHING THE LESSON) Variety of methods/strategies/techniques/tools needed for presentation.Demonstrates/models what the students will do during independent practice and includes checking for understanding
65. GUIDED PRACTICE Matches the independent practice and the objective Monitoring is a major component of guided practiceCan be performed in centers or small groups with the teacher directing the input
76. RE-TEACHINGAlways teach the objective in a different way if students do not show/demonstrate understanding.Therefore, a major component of lesson planning is determining in advance how to teach in a different way.
87. INDEPENDENT PRACTICEThe plan must include independent practice to allow students to show individual mastery of the objective.The independent practice matches the objective in level of difficulty.Independent practice can be done in centers, small groups, alone, orally, written, etc.Find some way to assess that students have mastered the objective.
98. MONITORING AND ADJUSTING Plan questioning techniques or demonstrations for checking understanding throughout the lesson.Continuous feedback.
109. ASSESSMENT Formal or informal; traditional or nontraditional. Check for understanding throughout the lesson.
1110 EXTENSION / ENRICHMENT Plan for students who need more, or to make use of a "teachable" moment.An activity that can reinforce and / or clarify specific points of the lesson.
1211. IF TIME REMAINS…* Always have a corresponding activity in mind if your lesson is finished before the class ends.
1312. CLOSUREMake provisions to close or summarize the learning, including review of the objectivesClosure is most effective if learners are active participants in the closing.Closing can take place at many points throughout the lesson.