91. Pear = Simple (fruit develops from single,ripened ovary)fleshy/Pome2. Strawberry = aggregate(fruit develops from many smallovaries within a single flower)Green leaflike structure = sepalSeeds found= outside onreceptacle inside seed (achene)
103. Maple=Simple/Dry/Indehiscent/Samara4. Olive=Simple/Fleshy/Drupe5. Pea Pod=Simple/Dry/Dehiscent/Legume(Pod)
116. Sunflower=Simple/Dry/IndehiscentAchene7. Tomato =Simple/Fleshy/BerryHow many loculesare in this sample? 78. Grape =Simple/Fleshy/berry
129. MILKWEED =Simple/dry/Dehiscent/Capsule10. ACORN =Simple/dry/ Indehiscent/nutOvary ( thick hard wall)Cup like structure is made of modified leaves.
1311. Coconut= Simple/Fleshy/DRUPE White of coconut:Endosperm (food for embryo)Embryo behind the 3rd soft eye.
1412. PINEAPPLEMULTIPLEHow many flowers are in section of fruit? 12
1513. KERNAL OF CORN(Corn on the Cob)Simple/Dry/Indehiscent/GrainWhat is the function of the silk? Female—long stigmas.
1614. ORANGE Simple/ fleshy/Berry 15. Avocado Simple/fleshy/Drupe 16. BananaSimple/fleshy/BerryWhat causes the browning on the banana?Ethylene gas
28Analysis: 1.Formation of fruit/seed in a simple fruit After fertilization the OVARY wall develops 3 layers (endocarp, mesocarp, exocarp)Exocarp enlarge become fleshy or dry fruitOVULE SEEDReceptacle can be fruit
292. Fruits where seeds are eaten are: Sunflower, beans, peas, peanuts3. Distinguish the fruit from other parts of the flower by:Fruit has one or more ovaries with a seed or seeds.4. An aggregate fruit differs from a multiple fruit by:Aggregate fruit with many ovaries in a single flowerMultiple many flowers
305. An aggregate fruit is similar to a multiple fruit by: Both develop specialized tissue in addition to the ovary.