Presentation on theme: "Tractor Supply Company"— Presentation transcript:
1Tractor Supply Company An Overview of America’s Largest Retail Farm & Ranch Store Chain
2Objectives Discuss the history of TSC (how did it begin?) List & discuss current TSC stats.Describe the type(s) of customers TSC relates to.Describe where TSC stores are located.List & discuss the types of products that TSC sells.
31. TSC HistoryCharles E. Schmidt Sr. of Chicago, Illinois established a mail order tractor parts business, in 1938.By 1939, it had grown into a successful retail store in Minot, North Dakota.
42. Current TSC StatsThe company operates more than 900 retail stores in 44 states.TSC employs more than 13,000 team members.The company headquarters are located in Brentwood, TN.
52. Current TSC StatsTractor Supply is a leading edge retailer with revenues surpassing $3 billion.TSC is a public company whose stock is traded on The NASDAQ National Market under the symbol TSCO.
63. TSC Customers farmers horse owners ranchers part-time and hobby farmerssuburban and rural homeownerscontractorstradesmen
74. Location of TSC StoresPrimarily located in rural areas and the outlying suburbs of major cities where agriculture is a significant factor in the local economy.The typical Tractor Supply store has 15,000-24,000 square feet of inside selling space with a similar amount of outside space used to display agricultural fencing, livestock equipment and horse stalls.
85. Products TSC Sells clothing equine and pet supplies animal feed tractor/trailer parts and accessorieslawn and garden suppliessprinkler/irrigation partspower toolsfencingwelding and pump suppliesriding mowers