Presentation on theme: "Tractor Supply Company An Overview of Americas Largest Retail Farm & Ranch Store Chain."— Presentation transcript:
Tractor Supply Company An Overview of Americas Largest Retail Farm & Ranch Store Chain
Objectives 1. Discuss the history of TSC (how did it begin?) 2. List & discuss current TSC stats. 3. Describe the type(s) of customers TSC relates to. 4. Describe where TSC stores are located. 5. List & discuss the types of products that TSC sells.
1. TSC History Charles E. Schmidt Sr. of Chicago, Illinois established a mail order tractor parts business, in By 1939, it had grown into a successful retail store in Minot, North Dakota.
2. Current TSC Stats The company operates more than 900 retail stores in 44 states. TSC employs more than 13,000 team members. The company headquarters are located in Brentwood, TN.
Tractor Supply is a leading edge retailer with revenues surpassing $3 billion. TSC is a public company whose stock is traded on The NASDAQ National Market under the symbol TSCO.
3. TSC Customers farmers horse owners ranchers part-time and hobby farmers suburban and rural homeowners contractorstradesmen
4. Location of TSC Stores Primarily located in rural areas and the outlying suburbs of major cities where agriculture is a significant factor in the local economy. The typical Tractor Supply store has 15, ,000 square feet of inside selling space with a similar amount of outside space used to display agricultural fencing, livestock equipment and horse stalls.
5. Products TSC Sells clothing clothing equine and pet supplies animal feed tractor/trailer parts and accessories lawn and garden supplies sprinkler/irrigation parts power tools fencing welding and pump supplies riding mowers