Presentation on theme: "Powered by Prayer and the Spirit - session three -"— Presentation transcript:
Powered by Prayer and the Spirit - session three -
1. The Proof and the Power To these He also presented Himself alive, after His suffering, by many convincing proofs, appearing to them over a period of forty days, and speaking of the things concerning the kingdom of God. Acts 1:3
1. The Proof and the Power The resurrection is both the basis for empowering and the content of the kingdom message. And gathering them together, He commanded them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait for what the Father had promised Which He said you heard from Me… Acts 1:4
1. The Proof and the Power Two problems: –We attempt too little because we lack supernatural empowering. –We are so anxious to do something that we fail to wait on the power.
2. The Power and the Prayer Obedience is the foundation for the reception and release of Gods power. These all with one mind were continually devoting themselves to prayer, along with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers. Acts 1:14 Dont miss the emphasis on continual prayer!
2. The Power and the Prayer The idea of one mind occurs 11 times in the New Testament and 10 are in the book of Acts. And day by day continuing with one mind in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of heart… Acts 2:46
2. The Power and the Prayer Obedience and prayer are the twin pillars of effective kingdom ministry.
3. Prayer, Power & Proclamation Power and witness are inextricably bound together. The signs make it clear that their prayer was answered, the power had been bestowed and thus the proclamation must begin.
3. Prayer, Power & Proclamation 1. We have a message to declare. 2. It is for every nation under heaven. 3. We can proclaim that message with confidence.