Presentation on theme: "C ONVERSATION A PPROACH Group: Lívia Menezes Verônica Luiza Silvano Augusto."— Presentation transcript:
C ONVERSATION A PPROACH Group: Lívia Menezes Verônica Luiza Silvano Augusto
Conversation Approach: 1. Language acquisition can be understood as learning to participate in mundane as well as institutional everyday social environments. 2. The main idea is to make a deeply connection between the learning process itself and the student’s daily life.
3. The learning process can be richly based on “talk- and-other-conduct in interaction”. Consequently, students are supposed to be a social member so as to use the content they’ve learned so far. 4. Interaction is so important for them to see the second language attached with their daily activities, only because they will be able to put the learning from their classes into practice more easily.
5. Studies of L2 interaction, learning, and development take from CA studies on the grammar–interaction interface the notion that grammar is a central resource in social members’ interactional competence—a set of practices deployed in practical activities.
6. The Conversation Approach deals with the use of a language in different social contexts, such as family’s conversation, work, friends. 7. CA relocates cognition from its traditional habitat in the privacy of people’s minds to the arena of social interaction.
8. In order to emphasize this kind of learning based on interaction, records tape and/or video media are constantly used by this approach. 9. In talk, practices such as turn-taking and repair are fundamental.
10. Outside of classrooms, L2 learners actively set up opportunities for using their L2, taking advantage of situations in their everyday life in order to put their learning into practice, and consequently becoming more fluent as well.