Presentation on theme: "Clark & Diane Lazare, Senior Pastors. CLASS NP100- THE MEMBERSHIP COMMITMENT…is a commitment to God and the local church CLASSNP200 - THE MATURITY COMMITMENT...is."— Presentation transcript:
Clark & Diane Lazare, Senior Pastors
CLASS NP100- THE MEMBERSHIP COMMITMENT…is a commitment to God and the local church CLASSNP200 - THE MATURITY COMMITMENT...is a commitment to the necessary for spiritual growth. CLASS NP300 - THE MINISTRY & MISSIONS COMMITMENT- is a commitment to discovering and using my God-given gifts and abilities.
Class NP300, Discovering My Ministry & Life Mission "There are different kinds of service to God... together you form the Body of Christ and each one of you is a necessary part of it." 1 Cor.12:5, 27(LB) The goal of this class is to help you discover how you are "shaped" and to challenge you to find a ministry based on your spiritual giftedness! Also, the goal of this class is to challenge you to commit the rest of your life to sharing the Good News with other people, and to use your time, talents, and your treasure for God's Kingdom, regardless what it costs.
1. Discover your unique design (S.H.A.P.E.) for ministry and commit to developing and ______________ your God-given gifts and abilities in serving God and others. 2. Select and begin ____________ in the ministry that best expresses what God made you specific to do. 3. Continue growing and _________ in Christ, developing your character, gifts, and ______________ for better service, and remain sensitive to His leading.
1. WHAT IS MINISTRY? The Greek word is diakonos means to serve) MINISTRY IS USING WHATEVER GOD HAS GIVEN ME TO SERVE HIM AND THE NEEDS OF OTHERS. MINISTRY IS DETERMINED BY FIVE PERSONAL FACTORS DISCOVERING MY UNIQUE S.H.A.P.E.
S. SPIRITUAL GIFTS -How has God gifted me? H. HEART - What do I love to do? A. ABILITIES What natural abilities do I have? P. PERSONALITY -Where does my personality best suit me to serve? E. EXPERIENCES - What experiences have I had that will benefit others?
A SPIRITUAL GIFT: Is a special ability, given by the Holy Spirit to every believer at their conversion, to be used to minister to others and therefore build up the Body of Christ. Every Christian has at least ____________ spiritual gift. (1 Cor. 7:7)
What are the spiritual gifts?... wise counsel, clear understanding/knowledge, faith, healing the sick, miraculous acts, prophecy, distinguishing between good and evil spirits, tongues, interpretation of tongues, apostle, teachers, miracle workers, helpers, leaders, (1 Cor. 12:4-11;28-30) evangelist, pastor, (Ephesians 4:7,8,11,12) hospitality, service(1 Peter 4:9-11)
All these gifts have a common origin, but are handed out, one by one, by the one Spirit of God. He decides who gets what, and when. 1 Cor. 12:6 You cant __________ a spiritual gift. (Eph. 4:7) Why are spiritual gifts important?... use your gifts to serve each other. 1 Peter 4:10 I am to _____________ the gifts God gives me. (1 Tim. 4:14) Do not neglect the gift which is in you, [that special inward endowment] which was directly imparted to you…..
1. Dont confuse gifts with natural talents. 2. Dont confuse gifts with the Fruit of the Spirit. (Gal. 5:22-23) Fruit shows my Maturity. Gifts show my Ministry. 3. Be aware of the gift projection tendency. (Expecting others to serve the way you do and have similar results.) 4. Dont feel your gift makes you superior to others. (1 Cor. 12:21) 5. Realize that using your gifts without love is worthless! I Cor. 13:1-3 (GN)
Your heart is the ______________ you! Each of us has a unique heartbeat. Each person alive has a slightly different pattern. We instinctively feel deeply about some things and not so deeply about others. The Bible uses the term heart to represent the center of your motivation, desires, and inclinations. Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Ps. 37:4
Why you _____________ the things you do.The mouth speaks what the heart is full of. Matt. 12:34 (GN) Why you _______________ the way you do. The Word of God... examines the thoughts and motives of the heart.Heb. 4:12 (Ph) Why you _____________ the way you do. Guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. Pr. 4:23 God has put it into their hearts to accomplish his purpose...Rev. 17:17 The Bible makes very clear that your heart was designed by God, but you make the choice to use it for good or evil, for selfish purposes or for service.
Abilities without God are just __________ Abilities with God are _____________ for ministry.
A personality is difficult to change, but attitudes can be changed over time. God has wired you in a unique way. When you become a Christian, your attitude will change but your personality remained the same. If you were outgoing before becoming a Christian, then youll be outgoing afterwards.
One of the most overlooked factors in determining the ministry God has for you is your past experiences; especially your hurts and problems youve overcome with Gods help. GOD USES OUR ______________ experiences Sometimes it takes a painful experience to make us change our ways.Proverbs 20:30 GOD USES OUR EXPERIENCES TO HELP OTHERS. (God)... wonderfully comforts and strengthens us in our hardships and trails……when others are troubled, needing our sympathy and encouragement, we can pass on to them the same help and comfort God has given us!2 Cor. 1:3-4 (LB)
To discover your mission in this world, you must first understand: 1. Gods overall purpose in creating human beings. 2. The conflict of human beings (Spirit & Flesh) 3. Jesus mission in coming to earth.
1. We were made to have a ____ with God Long ago, even before he made the world, God chose us to be his very own through what Christ would do for us… His unchanging plan has always been to adopt us into his own family by sending Jesus Christ to die for us. Eph. 1:4-5 (LB)
1. WHAT WAS JESUS LIFE MISSION? "For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost." Luke 19:10 (NIV) IF I WANT TO BE LIKE JESUS, _______ LIFE MISSION MUST INCLUDE________ LIFE MISSION. Jesus prayed to the Father: In the same way that you gave me a mission in the world, I give them a mission in the world. John 17:18 (Mes) 2. JESUS ___________ ME TO CONTINUE HIS MISSION. Matt. 28:19-20 (NIV)
3. SHARING THE GOOD NEWS IS MY _________. … you must warn them so they may live. If you don't speak out to warn the wicked to stop their evil ways, they will die in their sin. But I will hold you responsible for their death. Ezekiel 3:18 (NCV) 4. SHARING THE GOOD NEWS IS A(n) ______ And God has given us the privilege of urging everyone to come into his favor and be reconciled to him… This is the wonderful message he has given us to tell others. We are Christ's ambassadors. 2 Cor. 5:18b (LB)
5. PEOPLE ARE __________ WITHOUT CHRIST."Anyone who calls on the Lord will be saved. But before people can ask the Lord for help, they must believe in him; and before they can believe in him, they must hear about him; and for them to hear about the Lord, someone must tell them.Rom. 10: (NCV) 6. BECAUSE GOD WANTS ______ SAVED! (Luke 15)God wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.1 Tim. 2:4 (NIV)
You are the ones chosen by God… God's instruments to do his work and speak out for him, to tell others of the night-and-day difference he made for you. 1 Peter 2:9 (Mes) HOW TO GET STARTED 1. BECOME AWARE of the unbelievers God has placed in your life. 2. COMMIT TO PRAYER Use your list to pray for your unsaved friends everyday.
3. SHOW YOU CARE Be a genuine friend. Help them in practical ways. Be a good listener. This is an important way to show love. 4. BE READY TO SHARE Identify yourself as a positive, joyful follower of Christ. Share your story when the occasion naturally arises…and it will! INVITE YOUR FRIEND TO SERVICE THINGS TO REMEMBER
Evangelism is a __________ not a one-time ask. People move at different speeds. People often require multiple 'asks' before saying yes. The #1 reason for people saying "no" is ____ Let the whole world know what he has done for you. Ps. 105:1b (LB)
1. WHAT MY LIFE WAS LIKE BEFORE I MET CHRIST. What common circumstances would an unbeliever identify with? What were your attitudes that an unbeliever would identify with? 2. HOW I REALIZED I NEEDED CHRIST. What significant steps led to your decision for Christ? What needs, hurts, or problems made you dissatisfied with the way you were living without God?
3. HOW I COMMITTED MY LIFE TO CHRIST. What specifically did you do? Where did it happen? What did you say in your prayer? Be specific. 4. THE DIFFERENCE IT HAS MADE IN MY LIFE. What benefits have you experienced or felt? How has Jesus helped you change for the better?
THE BIG QUESTION: AM I WILLING TO BE _______ ? For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. 2 Chron. 16:9 (NIV) Will anyone be in heaven because of you? Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8 (NIV)