Presentation on theme: "11 Yours, O LORD, is the greatness, The power and the glory, The victory and the majesty; For all that is in heaven and in earth is Yours; Yours is the."— Presentation transcript:
11 Yours, O LORD, is the greatness, The power and the glory, The victory and the majesty; For all that is in heaven and in earth is Yours; Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, And You are exalted as head over all. 12 Both riches and honor come from You, And You reign over all. In Your hand is power and might; In Your hand it is to make great And to give strength to all –1 Chr.29:11-12
1. Atheist: no God, no power 2. Deist: Power, but distant and detached 3. Infidel: since Bible is untrue, we see no evidence of it (1 Co. 1:18, 23-24) “God, all powerful? But evil reigns” Ps.110:2 Pharaoh: Ex.9:3… Ro.9:17, 22 2 Pt.3:9 Ph.3:21
1. Atheist 2. Deist 3. Infidel Jew: no power, only love. Mt.22:29 Pentecostal: all power – miracles. Mt.3:9 Bible: omnipotent, Rv.19:6 Not: God can do anything Tit.1:2; Hb.6:18 He can do what He intends to do Ps.115:3; 135:6
I. False Views Of God’s Power II. God Is All Powerful
Gn.18 Nu.11 Job 42 Is.50 Jer.32 Zec.8 “…no one can restrain His Hand” – Dn.4:35
I. False Views Of God’s Power II. God Is All Powerful III. Applications
1. Is.59:1 Don’t blame God for the lost. 2-8 Infidel: “God’s plan failed. Many lost” Dirty people: blame soap? Sick people: blame dr.? Lost people: blame map?
Salvation is conditional Mt.9:6 – Mt.23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! The cost: Hb.10:19-22 The conditions: Hb.10:26-31
2. Mt.28:19 Mt.9:6 – 11:27 Not absolutely new authority Based on new stage of salvation history Dn.7:13-14 He rules Ep.1:22-23 We obey
3. Mk.9:14-22, 23, 24-27 Claims faith, admits unbelief Our faith is not perfect Power in its object. 1 Pt.2:6 Blank check? 9:19, faithlessMk.4:40, no faith Unlimited power of God
4. Mk.10:27 God can save even those who are rich But He said, “The things which are impossible with men are possible with God” – Lk.18:27
5. Mk.14:35-36 Ro.8:15 Could the Father let the cup pass from the Son? Based on power alone: Yes Mt.26:53 2 K.1 Based on love: No Ac.2:24 Ro.4
Romans 4 – power for... Abraham, 19, 21, 23 Barren wife; age; preservation of line: faith in God’s promise Christ, 24. Jn.10:18 (11) True omnipotence: assumes form of weakness, triumphs by this very means Us, 25: God intended by this means to save us by greatest display of power ever shown to man: resurrection from death
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.