When you were little what did you want to be when you grew up?
1. What would you say are some typical goals of people in our society? What is the primary focus of those goals?
2. As a Christfollower what would it look like to make Jesus the primary focus of your goals? How would that affect your day-to-day life?
3.When is a time when you risked something? How did that work out? Would you do it again?
4.Do you think risk is essential to faith? Why or why not?
Read Matthew 28|19-20 5.Who do you spend more then 10 hours a week with? What would it look like to risk rejection to share Christ with those relationships?
Read 1 samuel13|23 – 14|14 6. Discuss in what way Jonathan was different than his father. Who was in a better position to follow the goal God had for the nation of Israel?
7.Taking note of verse 6 how much assurance did Jonathan have before he set out on his goal to honor God?
8. What evidence do you see here that God's hand of blessing was on Jonathan?
9. Do you think you are more like Saul who was content to hang back until he heard from God, or more like Jonathan who pressing forward asking God to guide him? What are some benefits and risks of both?
10. Do you know what the defined goal is for life? Perhaps you may only know the goal you have set for this season in your life. If you feel comfortable spend some time sharing those goals with each other.
Watch this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v= -qTiYA1WiY8 11. Is there someone in your life whom you are helping to meet his or her defined goal? If so share that story? If not what hesitations would you have to stepping into someone elses story?
Application Take some time this week and set some Defined Goals, which will honor God. Think about goals you can achieve this week, as well as over the next few years.