Presentation on theme: "Birdville Instructional Technology Department."— Presentation transcript:
Birdville Instructional Technology Department
1. Where do frogs live? A. Near the pond B. Near the ocean
2. Why do frogs live near the pond? A. The pond has weather. B. The pond has insects.
3. Adult, or grown, frogs are amphibians. What is an amphibian? A. It can live on land and water. B. It can only live in water.
4. The way a frog grows is called its life cycle. This is the first part of a frogs life. What are these? A. Tadpole B. Frog eggs
5. What are these? A. Tadpoles B. A frogs eggs
6. How does a tadpole swim? A. It wiggles its head. B. It wiggles its tail. head tail
7. First a frog lays eggs. Then the eggs grow into a tadpole. What happens next? A. The tadpole grows back legs. B. The tadpole loses its tail.
8. First a frog lays eggs. Then the eggs grow into a tadpole. Then the tadpole grows back legs. What happens next in the frogs life cycle? A. The tadpole grows front legs. B. The frog lays eggs.
9. First a frog lays eggs. Then the eggs grow into a tadpole. Then the tadpole grows back legs. Then the tadpole grows front legs. What happens next? A. The tadpole turns into a fish. B. The tadpoles tail gets very short. It is called a froglet.
10. First a frog lays eggs. Then the eggs grow into a tadpole. Then the tadpole grows back legs. Then the tadpole grows front legs. Then its tail gets very short. What happens last? A. It grows into a frog! B. The tadpole swims out to the ocean.
11. The Frog Life Cycle Draw a picture of the frog life cycle. Label your pictures. 1. eggs 2. young tadpoles 3. tadpole with back legs 4. froglet with front legs and short tail 5. grown frog
You did an awesome job! Now click the arrow to go on and listen to a story about the pond.
In The Small, Small Pond This story is called, In the Small, Small Pond. It is written by Denise Flemming. It is a great story about the pond, all year round. The next time you visit the library, be sure to ask your librarian if you can read In the Small, Small Pond.
In a Small, Small Pond
Lets Make a Pond! Click and Drag the pictures onto the pond to create your own pond scene. Click here to go make a pond: Go make a pond!
Click here to go put together a Frog Puzzle: Click here to see frog pictures: 5.shtml 5.shtml Click here to go do the froggy dance!