Presentation on theme: "Culture Assimilator Stimulator 1 Unit 1: Le çons Pr é liminaires."— Presentation transcript:
Culture Assimilator Stimulator 1 Unit 1: Le çons Pr é liminaires
1. Is it easier to learn French or English? You are just beginning to learn French and your pen pal, Jean, is just beginning to learn English. You argue about which language is harder to learn! Whos right?
So you think French is hard??? 1) The bandage was wound around the wound. 2) The farm was used to produce produce. 3) The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse. 4) He could lead if he would get the lead out. 6) The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.. 7) Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present. 811) The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
1. Is it easier to learn French or English? Learning to speak French- Cliquez ici
1. Is it easier to learn French or English? So, it is never easy to learn a new language and culture, but it can be a lot of fun! Dont be shy about trying to speak- you cant be worse than Joey! Factors affecting language learning-- critical period hypothesis, motivation, communicative needs
What is the situation shown in these images? Would you consider doing this with your friends, family, and/or your teachers?
2. La Bise Faire La Bise en France Regardez la vidéo. Cliquez sur le titre-
2. La Bise 1.If you are a guy and you meet another guy for the first time, do you faire la bise? 2.Would you faire la bise with your teacher? 3.If you come from a different country or culture, how do you greet your friends and family?
3. La Salle de Classe Une Salle de Classe en France Regardez la vidéo. Cliquez sur le titre-
3. La Salle de Classe 1.What differences do you see between this classroom in France and your French classroom? 2.What classroom items does she point out that you dont normally see in your school?
4. tu vs. vous You are eating at a restaurant with your family in Lyon and you are trying to be polite. When the waiter asks you want you would like to drink you say je voudrais un coca, sil te plaît. He corrects you with sil vous plaît. Whats the big difference?
4. tu vs. vous You only use the tu version with a close friend or one family member. The vous form is used when you are speaking to someone you do not know very well or when address more than one person.
Additional Preliminary Unit Resources A guide to the basics of French Pronunciation for beginners Unlocking the Keys to French Pronunciation- Cliquez ici Basic Introductions Basic Introductions- Cliquez ici The French Alphabet