Presentation on theme: "TRAINING OF TEACHING STAFF FOR PEDAGOGICAL ACTIVITY ON THE BASIS OF I.M. SECHENOV MMA."— Presentation transcript:
TRAINING OF TEACHING STAFF FOR PEDAGOGICAL ACTIVITY ON THE BASIS OF I.M. SECHENOV MMA
Faculty of Additional Professional Education for Higher Education Teaching Staff 2002 Department of Pedagogy ( Continuing Professional Education for Higher Education Teachers) Department of Evidence Based Medicine ……
Department of Pedagogy Professional and psychological-pedagogical education in accordance to the national standard Professional improvement Assistant (junior teacher) Assistant (junior teacher) Professor Associate Professor (14 hours.) ( 20 hours.) (1080 hours) Laboratory for Postgraduate Education Study (46 hours.)
Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation Acting Minister of Education Acting Minister of Education Zurakowski V. M NATIONAL REQUIREMENTS for minimum content and level of training for obtaining an additional qualification " Higher Education Teacher Moscow, 2001 Moscow, 2001
General characteristics of the program : The main goal of the program is comprehensive training for work in higher education: - psychologo-pedagogical, - psychologo-pedagogical, - socio-economic, - socio-economic, - information technology - information technology The program allows for training of individuals with masters degree, post- graduate students and higher education teachers for work in an institution of higher education
Psycho-pedagogical subjects Human psychology Pedagogy Professional oriented educational techniques Psychological aspects of professional identity Andragogical principles of the teaching process management in higher education Professional oriented training courses
Curriculum Branches of psychopedagogy Total hours Lectures / Seminars Independent study Assessment 1 Human psychology / 8 40 Pass/fail exam 2Pedagogy60 16 / 4 40 Pass/fail exam 3 Professional oriented educational techniques / 8 40 Pass/fail exam 4 Psychological aspects of professional identity / Pass/fail exam 5 Andragogic principles of the teaching process management in higher education / 8 34 Pass/fail exam 6 Professional oriented training courses 60 4 / Pass/fail exam Total hours (theoretical education) 360 Graduation project presentation 40Grading Practical pedagogical work 100 Total hours 500
1. PEDAGOGY The science of pedagogy. System of pedagogical sciences. Didactics as a theory of teaching. The basics of general didactics. Education goals, their levels and social meaning. Education objectives. The main reasons for education modernization and ideas on its reforming. Upgrading higher medical education in line with Bologna Process. Laws and principles of education. Content of education. Definition, essence, and structure of education content. Content of education. Definition, essence, and structure of education content. Teaching methods and its aspects. Educational media. Modern educational techniques. Models of educational management. Specifics of educational management in a higher education institution. Developmental learning as a means of teaching. Theories of developmental learning. Problem based learning. The basics of educational theory. The essence and peculiarities of education. The role of education in personality formation and individual development. General principles of education. Educational methods. Means of education. Means of complex individual development. The correlation of methods and means of education.
2. HUMAN PSYCHOLOGY The science of psychology, its subject matter, goals, and principles Research methods in psychology Main concepts of general psychology Cognitive processes. Intellectual functioning and its fundamentals. Main concepts psychology of human development. Psychological peculiarities of the student: adolescence, youth, maturity. Main concepts of psychology of personality. Problems of lifes journey. Main concepts of social psychology. Social group psychology.
3. Techniques of professional oriented education in higher education Modern educational techniques. Pedagogical design and definition of pedagogical technique. Active education technique. Acmeo-pedagogical model of management. Simulation exercise, its essence, structure, and organization. Types and application of analytical simulation exercises. Professional oriented education in higher education. Systematic and activity approaches are the principles of professional oriented education. Context education technique. Requirements for its implementation in a higher education institution. Planning professional activity to better solve professional problems. Planning professional activity of higher education teachers on graduation project preparation
4. PSYCHOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF PROFESSIONAL IDENTITY 1. MAN AND WORK 1. Main branches of professional psychology. 2. Cultural and historical background for studying work as a psychological phenomenon. Psychotechnology and its crisis. 2. PSYCHOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITY 3. Stress and conflict in professional activity. Coping with stress for higher education teachers. Coping with stress for higher education teachers. 3. PSYCHOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL IDENTITY 4. Psychological fundamentals of professional activity. Ideal in professional and personal identity. 5. Psycho-pedagogical basics of educational techniques. 6. Psychological fundamentals of educational techniques. 8. Psycho-pedagogical requirements for students educational activities management. 9. Psycho-pedagogical aspects of lesson design and its analysis.
5. ANDRAGOGICAL FUNDAMENTALS OF EDUCATION MANAGEMENT Adult education management Education and man: needs, possibilities, and requirements for human education Andragogy: a science of adult education. Origins, background, subjects, and main concepts of androgogy Andragogical model of education Adult education; adult education techniques Psychological-andragogical diagnostics of the trainee Planning of educational process Providing conditions for educational process Implementation of adult education techniques. Independent study techniques Assessment of education process and its results. Adjustments of education process Specifics of work and education of an andragogue-teacher
6. PROFESSIONAL ORIENTED TRAINING COURSES Pedagogical skill: essence, content, manifestation Pedagogical communication. Communication in pedagogical activity: effectiveness factors, and means of improving education effectiveness. Conflict in pedagogical activity Techniques of making pedagogical demands Ethical defense technique General principles of public speaking The image of a public speaker in work of a higher education teacher General principles of development of effective speech Verbal and nonverbal communication Persuasion techniques
Professional improvement for higher education teachers Assistants/ junior teachers (more than 5 years in practice) Assistants/ junior teachers (less than 5 years in practice) Associate Professors Professors
EDUCATIONAL MEDIA Textbooks Guidelines for students Assignments for independent study Assignments for knowledge and skills testing of teachers and post-graduate students (tests included) List of graduation project topics (GP)
2002 – I. M. Sechenov MMA teachers and 795 I. M. Sechenov MMA post-graduate students have completed a course of «Higher education teacher» since 2002 Over 480 teachers of Russian medical and pharmaceutical higher education institutions have completed the professional improvement course since 2002
From learning once and forever to life-long learning