Presentation on theme: "TRAINING OF TEACHING STAFF FOR PEDAGOGICAL ACTIVITY ON THE BASIS OF I"— Presentation transcript:
1TRAINING OF TEACHING STAFF FOR PEDAGOGICAL ACTIVITY ON THE BASIS OF I TRAINING OF TEACHING STAFF FOR PEDAGOGICAL ACTIVITY ON THE BASIS OF I.M. SECHENOV MMA
2Faculty of Additional Professional Education for Higher Education Teaching Staff 2002Department of Pedagogy (Continuing Professional Education for Higher Education Teachers)Department of Evidence Based Medicine…
3Department of Pedagogy Professional andpsychological-pedagogicaleducation inaccordanceto the national standardProfessional improvementAssistant(junior teacher)Assistant(junior teacher)(46 hours.)(20 hours.)(1080 hours)ProfessorAssociateProfessor(14 hours.)(20 hours.)Laboratory forPostgraduateEducation Study
4Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation Acting Minister of EducationZurakowski V. MNATIONAL REQUIREMENTSfor minimum content and level of trainingfor obtaining an additional qualification" Higher Education Teacher”Moscow, 2001
5General characteristics of the program: The main goal of the program is comprehensive training for work in higher education:- psychologo-pedagogical,- socio-economic,- information technologyThe program allows for training of individuals with master’s degree, post-graduate students and higher education teachers for work in an institution of higher education
6Psycho-pedagogical subjects Human psychologyPedagogyProfessional oriented educational techniquesPsychological aspects of professional identityAndragogical principles of the teaching process management in higher educationProfessional oriented training courses
7Curriculum Total hours (theoretical education) №Branches of psychopedagogyTotal hoursLectures / SeminarsIndependent studyAssessment1Human psychology6012 / 840Pass/fail exam2Pedagogy16 / 43Professional oriented educational techniques4Psychological aspects of professional identity14 / 14325Andragogic principles of the teaching process management in higher education18 / 8346Professional oriented training courses4 / 24Total hours (theoretical education)360Graduation project presentationGradingPractical pedagogical work100500
81. PEDAGOGYThe science of pedagogy. System of pedagogical sciences. Didactics as a theory of teaching. The basics of general didactics. Education goals, their levels and social meaning. Education objectives.The main reasons for education modernization and ideas on its reforming. Upgrading higher medical education in line with Bologna Process.Laws and principles of education.Content of education. Definition, essence, and structure of education content.Teaching methods and its aspects. Educational media. Modern educational techniques.Models of educational management. Specifics of educational management in a higher education institution.Developmental learning as a means of teaching. Theories of developmental learning. Problem based learning.The basics of educational theory. The essence and peculiarities of education. The role of education in personality formation and individual development.General principles of education. Educational methods. Means of education.Means of complex individual development. The correlation of methods and means of education.
92. HUMAN PSYCHOLOGYThe science of psychology, its subject matter, goals, and principlesResearch methods in psychologyMain concepts of general psychologyCognitive processes. Intellectual functioning and its fundamentals.Main concepts psychology of human development.Psychological peculiarities of the student: adolescence, youth, maturity.Main concepts of psychology of personality.Problems of life’s journey.Main concepts of social psychology.Social group psychology.
103. Techniques of professional oriented education in higher education Modern educational techniques. Pedagogical design and definition of pedagogical technique.Active education technique. Acmeo-pedagogical model of management.Simulation exercise, its essence, structure, and organization.Types and application of analytical simulation exercises.Professional oriented education in higher education. Systematic and activity approaches are the principles of professional oriented education.Context education technique. Requirements for its implementation in a higher education institution.Planning professional activity to better solve professional problems.Planning professional activity of higher education teachers on graduation project preparation
114. PSYCHOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF PROFESSIONAL IDENTITY 1. MAN AND WORK1. Main branches of professional psychology.2. Cultural and historical background for studying work as a psychological phenomenon. Psychotechnology and its crisis.2. PSYCHOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITY3. Stress and conflict in professional activity.Coping with stress for higher education teachers.3. PSYCHOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL IDENTITY4. Psychological fundamentals of professional activity. “Ideal” in professional and personal identity.5. Psycho-pedagogical basics of educational techniques.6. Psychological fundamentals of educational techniques.8. Psycho-pedagogical requirements for students’ educational activities management.9. Psycho-pedagogical aspects of lesson design and its analysis.
125. ANDRAGOGICAL FUNDAMENTALS OF EDUCATION MANAGEMENT Adult education managementEducation and man: needs, possibilities, and requirements for human educationAndragogy: a science of adult education. Origins, background, subjects, and main concepts of androgogyAndragogical model of educationAdult education; adult education techniquesPsychological-andragogical diagnostics of the traineePlanning of educational processProviding conditions for educational processImplementation of adult education techniques. Independent study techniquesAssessment of education process and its results. Adjustments of education processSpecifics of work and education of an andragogue-teacher
136. PROFESSIONAL ORIENTED TRAINING COURSES Pedagogical skill: essence, content, manifestationPedagogical communication.Communication in pedagogical activity: effectiveness factors, and means of improving education effectiveness.Conflict in pedagogical activityTechniques of making pedagogical demandsEthical defense techniqueGeneral principles of public speakingThe image of a public speaker in work of a higher education teacherGeneral principles of development of effective speechVerbal and nonverbal communicationPersuasion techniques
14Professional improvement for higher education teachers Assistants/junior teachers(less than 5 years in practice)Assistants/junior teachers(more than 5 years in practice)Associate ProfessorsProfessors
15EDUCATIONAL MEDIA Textbooks Guidelines for students Assignments for independent studyAssignments for knowledge and skills testing of teachers and post-graduate students (tests included)List of graduation project topics (GP)
162002 – 2010 570 I. M. Sechenov MMA teachers and 795 I. M. Sechenov MMA post-graduate students have completed a course of «Higher education teacher» since 2002Over 480 teachers of Russian medical and pharmaceutical higher education institutions have completed the professional improvement course since 2002
17From learning once and forever to life-long learning