Presentation on theme: "Рогатньова Тетяна Олексіївна, вчитель англійської мови ССШ 17 м. Сєвєродонецька, спеціаліст вищої категорії, вчитель - методист."— Presentation transcript:
Рогатньова Тетяна Олексіївна, вчитель англійської мови ССШ 17 м. Сєвєродонецька, спеціаліст вищої категорії, вчитель - методист
розширити лексичний запас з теми « Україна » повторити правила вживання артиклів навчитися розповідати про визначні пам ' ятки України поглибити свої знання про Україну Ця презентація допоможе вам : Рогатньова Т. О., ССШ 17
Рогатньова Т. О., ССШ 17
a famous fortress to cover the area of 121 hectares the Old Town the Smotrych River the Smotrych Canyon Castle Bridge the Old and New Castles. Talk about the seven wonders of Ukraine using the following information. Рогатньова Т. О., ССШ 17 Kamyanets-Podilsky
to be founded in 1051 by the monks Antoniy and Feodosiy the Berestove Caves the centre of Christianity in the 11 th century to become famous as Lavra monastery in the 12 th century to play a great role in the development of culture in Kyiv Rus to have good collections of ancient manuscripts, cloth, embroidery, jewellery, ancient icons and the works of modern artists. Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra, Kyiv Рогатньова Т. О., ССШ 17
to be situated in the southern part of Uman the Kamianka River to cover the area of 179,2 hectares to welcome 500,000 visitors a year the fabulous collection of 546 types of trees, 1557 types of bushes, 115 types of lianas, 1212 types of herbs. Sofiyivka, Uman, Cherkasy Region: Рогатньова Т. О., ССШ 17
to be situated in the centre of Kyiv to date back to the 11 th -18 th centuries one of the main cathedrals in Central Europe to be founded by Yaroslav the Wise to be devoted to St. Sophia the marvelous interior design which reproduces the medieval model of the Universe to write chronicles the first library in Kyiv Rus to be ruined by the enemies many times to survive till nowadays beautiful frescoes and mosaics. St. Sophia Cathedral, Kyiv: Рогатньова Т. О., ССШ 17
the ancient Greek town-state to be situated in the south- western part of the Crimea near modern Sebastopol to be founded in B.C. as a Greek town on the southern coast of the Black Sea the ruins of Greek, Roman and Byzantine fortifications, houses, baths, churches and the ancient theatre for 3,000 people. Рогатньова Т. О., ССШ 17 Chersoneses, Sebastopol
the fortress of the 13 th -18 th centuries the first fort of the 9 th century was built under Prince Volodymyr to be situated on the important trade crossroads to be connected with the names of many historical figures (Danylo Halytsky, Stephan III from Moldova, Mohammed II, the Turkish Sultan, Ian Tarnovsky from Poland, Bohdan Khmelnitsky, and others). Рогатньова Т. О., ССШ 17 Khotyn Fortress
the biggest island of the Dnipro River the unique natural and historical complex to cover the area of 3,000 hectares to stretch for 12,5 km from the west to the east and 2,5 from the north to the south used to be covered with thick forests a steppe in the southern part of the island with the rare types of plants and herbs deep slopes in the south-western part of the island ancient settlement which dates back to III-II thousand years B.C. to have a good strategic location to be connected with the history of Zaporizhzhyan Cossacks. Рогатньова Т. О., ССШ 17 Khortytsia Island, Zaporizhzhia
Рогатньова Т. О., ССШ 17 Khortytsia Island
INEUKRA NIROPD IYVK MANU Рогатньова Т. О., ССШ 17 Guess the geographical names:
bank, wash, longest, rivers, European, population, devoted, snowball-tree, mineral resources, capital, mountains Рогатньова Т. О., ССШ 17 Fill in the gaps with the words given below: 1) Ukraine is a ___ country. 2) The ___ of our Motherland is Kyiv. 3) It is on the ___ of the Dnipro River. 4) The Black Sea and the Azov Sea ___ Ukraine. 5) There are beautiful ___ in our country: the Carpathian ___ and the Crimea ___.
6) There are many ___ in our country: the Dnipro, the Dniester and the Bug. 7) The ___ river is Dnipro. 8) The ___ of Ukraine is 46 million people. 9) Ukraine is rich in ___. 10) Ukrainians have always been ___ to their Motherland. 11) People sing songs about a ___ and plant it near their houses Рогатньова Т. О., ССШ 17 bank, wash, longest, rivers, European, population, devoted, snowball-tree, mineral resources, capital, mountains
1. __ Ukraine is situated in __ centre of __ Europe. 2. __ Ukraine borders on __ Russia, __ Moldova, __ Romania, __ Hungary, __ Slovakia, __ Poland and __ Belarus. 3. __ Carpathian Mountains have __ flat summits and __ gentle slopes. 4. Have you ever tried to climb __ Hoverla? 5. What is __ highest peak of __ Crimea Mountains? 6. My family usually spends __ month or __ two in __ summer at __ Black Sea or __ Sea of Azov. Рогатньова Т. О., ССШ 17 Fill in the articles a, an or the where they are necessary
7. __ Ukraine consists of 24 regions and __ Autonomous Republic of __ Crimea. 8. My grandparents live in __ Rivne. 9. __ cities of __ Kiev and __ Sebastopol have __ special status set by __ laws of __ Ukraine. 10. __ climate along __ coasts of __ Black Sea and __ Sea of Azov is much warmer than __ climate of __ rest of __ country. Рогатньова Т. О., ССШ 17
inhabited – обжили prehistoric – доісторичний to grow the crops – ( тут ) займатися землеробством to be engaged in crafts – займатися ремеслами Slavonic – слов ' янський hospitable – гостинний determined – рішучий self-sacrifice – самопожертва passionate – пристрасний sorrows and joys – печалі та радощі People in Ukraine Рогатньова Т. О., ССШ 17
The official language is Ukrainian. According to UNESCO it occupies the twenty- second place among the world languages and the second place after Russian among the Slavonic languages. And what kind of people are we? In a recent poll, the Ukrainian people were asked to describe themselves: 80 % described us as tolerant people; 73 % thought Ukrainians were hospitable to foreigners; finally 71 % agreed that Ukrainians were reserved people. But all the people admit that the main characteristics features of Ukrainians are kindness and hospitality. They welcome visitors open-heartedly, warmly and generously. Рогатньова Т. О., ССШ 17 People inhabited the territory in south-western Europe, that is now Ukraine, since prehistoric times. The territory of Ukraine in ancient times was inhabited by the tribes of the Slavs. They grew the crops, hunted, fished, kept bees, and were engaged in various crafts.
Ukrainians are hard-working and skillful. They are brave, determined and ready for self-sacrifice. People in Ukraine are well- known for their dancing and singing abilities. It is impossible to imagine Ukraine and Ukrainians without music. All peoples sorrows and joys, wittiness and humour, courage and passionate love to their native land are in our songs. Рогатньова Т. О., ССШ 17 The Ukrainian nation is very talented. Our country gave numerous talented singers, musicians and composers to the world.
1. Ukrainians inhabited the territory in south-eastern Europe, that is now Ukraine, since the 10 th century. 2. Now we live in an independent country. 3. Ukrainians comprise the biggest part of the whole population of Ukraine. 4. The Ukrainian language occupies the twentieth place among the world languages. 5. The main characteristic features of Ukrainians are kindness and hospitality. 6. Ukrainians have no sense of humour. 7. Our country didnt give many talented singers, musicians and composers to the world. Read and tick the statements T (true) or F (false) Рогатньова Т. О., ССШ 17
1A square kilometrea)owed to someone or something 2To border onb)a surface which is higher on one side than the other 3A peakc)to reach, spread out or cover 4A sloped)the official legal position or condition of a person, group, country, etc. 5Gentlee)something such as useful land, or minerals such as oil or coal 6To stretchf)not rough 7A statusg)a unit for measuring area 8Due toh)to share a border with another country 9Resourcesi)the pointed top of a hill or a mountain Match the words Рогатньова Т. О., ССШ 17
Divideterritory Connectattention Produceinto 2 parts Occupya city Foundfriends Attractbanks Visitgoods Рогатньова Т. О., ССШ 17 Match the words in two columns to make word combinations
a tourist city in Ukraine a big town in the East an old university a beautiful building in your city a boring town a town near the sea an industrial city a modern university an interesting town Рогатньова Т. О., ССШ 17 Think and give the names of:
AncientYoung PowerfulBoring HugeLeft BestModern ComfortableWorst InterestingModern OldWeak RightTiny Рогатньова Т. О., ССШ 17 Whats the opposite? Sort the words out into two columns.
1) Ukraine is a large ___ country. a) Europeanb) Asianc) African 2) The population of Ukraine is ___. a) more than 46 million people b) more than 56 million people с ) less than 40 million people 3) There are ___ in the South of Ukraine. a) 4 seasb) 2 seasc) 3 seas 4) The Carpathian mountains are in ___. a) the Eastb) the Southc) the West Рогатньова Т. О., ССШ 17 Quiz!
5) What is the highest peak of the Carpathian Mountains? 6) What is the largest lake in Ukraine? 7) What mineral resources isnt our country rich in? a) oilb) gasc) coal 8) Our national emblem is: a) a golden trident in a blue field b) a blue trident in a golden field с ) a golden trident in a red field 9) What plant is a symbol of Ukraine? a) a sunflowerb) a birchc) a snowball-tree 10) What was the name of a permanent fortress, which Cossacks built? 11)Who was the first president of Ukraine? a) L. Kuchmab) V. Yuschenkoc) L. Kravchuk Рогатньова Т. О., ССШ 17