Presentation on theme: "George Mason University Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program funded by IREX-US Department of State ECA Professional Development Portfolio September."— Presentation transcript:
George Mason University Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program funded by IREX-US Department of State ECA Professional Development Portfolio September 24-November 05, 2009 By Ms. Polette Cheang firstname.lastname@example.org Cambodia
Content 1. IntroductionIntroduction 2. Presentation on Cambodian CulturePresentation on Cambodian Culture 3. GMU Assessments and Reflection 4. Course Curriculum: + ESL/EFL Research and Assessment Lessons + Education Leadership Program + U S Culture Class – Lessons 5. My goals 6. What Did I Learn to Help Me Achieve Those Goals ? 7. How Will I Follow up upon Return to Your School ? 8. My Thoughts on Having Prepared the Portfolio 9. ConclusionConclusion
3. GMU Assessments and Reflection Lesson Planning + 5 Units Lesson Plan 5 Units Lesson Plan + Lesson Plan on a Short StoryLesson Plan on a Short Story 5 Strategies Sheets Assessment Design Project Quick Assessment Test Field experience: Assessment Observation/Report Form of Authentic Assessment Classroom Observation and Reflection at Oakton High School Classroom Observation and Reflection at Oakton High School Reflection about my personality
ESL/EFL Research and Assessment Nora Elbilawi Lesson planning and brain-compatible differentiated instruction.. Lesson planning and brain-compatible differentiated instruction.. Coming to Terms with Classroom Assessment KWL on assessment tools and measurements quick test on assessment reading & writing assessment research websites on assessment homework tips forms of authentic assessment examples of research questions
Education Leadership Program Dr. Farnooh Shahrokhi & Dr. Beverly Woody TEA Fall 2009 Wrap Up and PLC TEA Fall 2009 Fullan Understanding change TEA Fall 2009 Fullan, Coherence Making TEA Fall 2009 Fullan Creating and Sharing Knowledge TEA Fall 2009 Fullan Creating and Sharing Knowledge TEA Fall 2009 Educational Leadership Portfolio TEA Fall 2009 Educational Leadership Portfolio
U S Culture Class Cara Bremer FCPS ORIENTATION Class 2 Class 3 + Tips on American CultureTips on American Culture + American ValuesAmerican Values + Myths and RealitiesMyths and Realities Final Class + Final class activitiesFinal class activities + Quotes and EducationQuotes and Education
U S Culture Class Cara Bremer After and Review Vocabulary Strategies Before Reading Strategies During Reading Strategies History After Reading Strategies Cooperative_Learning_Structures The Washington Post
5. My goals: 1. To bring back new experiences: A. Teaching Experiences + new classroom activities + methods of teaching + lesson planning formats B. U S & Different Nationalities Culture 2. To Show Cambodia Culture to the International Teachers and Learn Different Cultures of the World
6. What Did I Learn to Help Me Achieve Those Goals ?
To Achieve Goal 1: To Bring Back New Experiences Bring back teaching experiences + Lesson plan format + 5 Lesson plan in one unit using multiple intelligences + Strategies sheets + classroom activities: + How to integrate students into class activities + Classroom management skill - Jigsaw - 3-2-1 activity - Think-pair-share - Just like me - Stand up, hand up, pair up - Ice breaker - How to assess students with exit ticket - Quote and comments - ABC brainstorming - Carousel comments reflection activity
To Achieve Goal 1: To Bring Back New Experiences To bring back U S & Different Nationalities Culture to show my trainees and colleagues + American history book and video + Pictures of - food - building - way of life - university and high school - library - shopping malls - tourists sites. Baltimore Inner Harbor and Old Town Anapolis. Philadelphia. Mount Vernon. Smithsonian
To achieve goal 2: To Show Cambodia Culture to the International Teachers and Learn Different Cultures of the World Give presentation on Cambodia history and culture and learn their culture through their cultures presentation
7. How Will I Follow up upon Return to Your School ? Short-term Vision: + Update my curriculum by adding new teaching experiences and activities + Ask my director for permission to present what I learned during my visit here to the trainees and colleagues: - To present my portfolio - Conduct a workshop for teacher trainers of English and trainees Long term make them to have the desire to change
8. My Thoughts on Having Prepared the Portfolio: I think it is very useful because….. + have it as my own teaching documents + be able to show and share with trainees and colleagues + Make them prepare their own portfolio for their class.