Presentation on theme: "Internet Research Finding a Location. Task For this task you are taking a trip to Warwick Castle, and need to plan your trip. You have a total budget."— Presentation transcript:
Internet Research Finding a Location
Task For this task you are taking a trip to Warwick Castle, and need to plan your trip. You have a total budget of £100 to spend, and need to find a hotel and a restaurant. You also need to work out how to get there. This PowerPoint will take you through the process of how to complete the task.
1. Finding the Castle Open Google Maps (maps.google.co.uk) and search forWarwick Castle You will need to zoom out of the map and search the whole country to find the correct place. Postcode: CV34 4QU (type this into Google Maps) Help! (move this box for a clue)
1. Finding the Castle This is the correct Location
2. Getting a ticket Click on Warwick Castle on the map, and open the website from the pop-up box Find out how much a child ticket costs and write it below Go to Tickets and Gifts at the top Help! (move this box for a clue) TICKET COST: £25.80
3. Finding a hotel Go back to Google Maps (maps.google.co.uk) and find Warwick Castle. Use the search nearby function and look for Hotels. Search Nearby will not appear unless you have clicked on the letter for the castle. Help! (move this box for a clue)
You should see a page like this. The Letters on the map are places that match your search. You can click on them for more information.
3. Finding a hotel Take a screenshot that shows what search terms you used to find the hotels and paste it in the box below. To take a screenshot: Hit the Print Scrn key on your keyboard (above insert and delete). This will capture an image of whatever is on your screen. Right click on this page and paste the image. Resize it to fit the box, and crop any unnecessary areas. Help! (move this box for a clue)
4. Choosing a hotel Decide how much money you want to spend on a hotel room and select a suitable hotel. Remember you have a total budget of £100 and need to pay for a ticket and a meal. Fill in the details below: You will need to explore the hotels website. Look for accommodation. Help! (move this box for a clue) Hotel name: Lord Lycester Hotel Website: http://www.lordleycesterhotel.co.uk/ Twin / Double room cost: £49 Wi Fi? Yes Freeview? Yes e.g. www.nandos.com
4. Choosing a hotel Paste two images below of what the hotel rooms look like. Right click on the images on the website and click copy. Then right click on this page and click paste. Help! (move this box for a clue)
5. Finding a restaurant Go back to Google Maps (maps.google.co.uk) and find Warwick Castle. Use the search nearby function and look for restaurants. Select a restaurant near to your hotel and the castle and choose an item on the menu to have for dinner. Look for a menu area on the restaurants website. Help! (move this box for a clue) Restaurant name: The Jesters Brassiere Chosen Meal: smoked salmon. Cost: £13 Website: http://www.themobilefoodguide.com/ select/info11641.php
6. Review your work Look back through this workbook. Have you completed all the tasks? Cost of Ticket: £25.80 Cost of Meal: £13 Money left: £13.20 Cost of Hotel: £49 If this adds up to more than £100, you need to change your choices! Save your work and move on to the extension task.
EXTENSION: Planning your journey Using what you have learned, find the nearest rail station to Warwick Castle. Using national rail find out how to get there from London. Take a screenshot and paste It on the next page. It should look something like this: You will need to find Warwick castle again and search nearby. Then Google National Rail in a separate window and input your starting and finishing destinations. This will give you a list of possible trains. Click the details button on any of them to find out more about the journey and screenshot it. Help! (move this box for a clue)
EXTENSION: Planning your journey Paste the journey below and provide details of the ticket. Journey Length: 2 hours Cost of ticket: £46.90 Number of changes: none