Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Maintenance October 5, 2011. District 11 Overview Safety and Move Over Law Adopt-A-Highway Maintenance TOPICS.

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "Maintenance October 5, 2011. District 11 Overview Safety and Move Over Law Adopt-A-Highway Maintenance TOPICS."— Presentation transcript:

1 Maintenance October 5, 2011

2 District 11 Overview Safety and Move Over Law Adopt-A-Highway Maintenance TOPICS

3 Over 3600 urban lane miles Over 1200 rural lane miles Over 3800 acres of landscape 7 rest areas & 63 park and rides 6 international border crossings Over 3600 urban lane miles Over 1200 rural lane miles Over 3800 acres of landscape 7 rest areas & 63 park and rides 6 international border crossings

4 Guardrail Repair Hazardous Spill Clean-Up Emergency Traffic Control Landscape Pavement Management Lighting and Signals Maintenance Trends in District 11 for 2010/11: Lane miles inventory5% Landscape inventory10% Maintenance staff10%

5 Maintenance Types Safety (Potholes, Damaged Guardrail, Traffic Signals) Preservation of Facility (Crack Sealing, Weeds, Roadside Rest Area) Service (Litter, Graffiti, Roadway Sweeping)

6 PSA Available on YouTube.

7 RICHARD GONZALEZ was killed by a vehicle on June 20, 2011 while working on a litter crew on Interstate 15 in San Diego County. JAIME OBESO was killed by an errant driver on June 7, 2011 while working on eastbound Interstate 8 near the Sunbeam Rest Area in Imperial County. STEPHEN PALMER, SR. died from injuries after being struck by a trolley while on the job May 4, GARY SMITH was struck and killed by a motorist while performing traffic control for a detour around an earlier fatal accident on November 14, 2010.

8 The Move Over Law took effect in In 2009, it was amended to include Caltrans vehicles. When flashing amber warning lights are displayed, motorists are required to move over a lane or reduce their speeds.

9 Caltrans Adopt-A-Highway was established in The Program exists to provide the public with an avenue to donate services for maintenance and beatification activities on sections of roadside within Californias State Highway System. Adoptions are intended to reduce Caltrans workload, promote civic responsibility and community pride. MISSION The Program strive to partner with Californias citizens to provide motorists with clean and beautiful roadsides.

10 Litter Removal Graffiti Removal Vegetation Control Tree Planting Wildflower Planting VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES

11 District Focus Maximize the number of active adoptions Currently District 11 has 242 Active Groups. 160 are volunteer and 82 are sponsored with hired contractors. That s 64% of current adoptable segments leaving 36% available. Online application process. Attract tourism to Californias vacation destinations. Reduce the discharge of pollutants into storm water drainage systems.

12 Shared Adoption Supplemental Litter Removal One Day Permit Other Adoptions

13 Before

14 After

15 UPCOMING Vegetation Control on Ramps Expanding Adoptable Locations Increased Sign Visibility Opportunities I-15 Marketing Effort Online Adopt-A-Highway Status Map and application

16 PROTOTYPE APPLY HERE

17 CONTACTS (619)

18 QUESTIONS?


Download ppt "Maintenance October 5, 2011. District 11 Overview Safety and Move Over Law Adopt-A-Highway Maintenance TOPICS."

Similar presentations


Ads by Google