Presentation on theme: "Region of Prešov Main information Area: 8 974 km 2 Inhabitants: 801 939 Population density: 89 inhab./km 2 Districts: 13 Towns: 23 Municipalities: 666."— Presentation transcript:
Region of Prešov
Main information Area: km 2 Inhabitants: Population density: 89 inhab./km 2 Districts: 13 Towns: 23 Municipalities: 666 President of region: Peter Chudík Seat of the regional government: Prešov It is located to north-eastern Slovakia It is devided into eight smaller regional areas This region creates historical regions as Spiš, Zemplín and Šariš It is the second biggest region of Slovakia It has the most citiziens
7 wonders of region Historical centre of Bardejov Castle Stará Ľubovňa Tatran National park Altar of Majster Pavol in temple of St. Jakub in Levoča Wooden churchs National park in Pieniny Historical centre of Levoča
Historical centre of Bardejov Bardejov is one of the nicest towns in Slovakia. The one of the most significant sights is the Bazilics of saint Egídius, where are 11 wooden altars. Other historical sight is the old town hall in gothic style. The unique fort system is the very notable for town too. The historical centre of Bardejov has list to UNESCO since 2000.
Castle Stará Ľubovňa The castle was placed in 1301 – 1308 as castle on the border, that protected trade routes to Poland. In 14. centure castle served as seat of poland reeves. The castle was after fire replaced to baroque style. Then the castle started decay. In 1883 was castle renewed by family Zamoyská. Today is the favourite tourist place for visitors of town Stará Ľubovňa and its environs.
Tatran National park TANAP is the oldest national park in Slovakia with area ha. The highest point in the park is the peak of Gerlach (2655m) in the High Tatras. Length of all tourist paths is about 600 km and in the park are located much than 170 tarns and about 1300 kinds of fauna and flora. The park visit about milions visitors per one year and it is one of the most visited places in Slovakia. Tatras with poland national park have been biospheric reservation UNESCO since 1993.