Overview Business Office Campus Activities Staff – Event Planning 101 – Advertising Events – Metro Arts Access – Hazing – Fleet Vehicle Use – Keeping organized CSA – Event Funding/Allocations Questions Prize Drawing
Event Planning 101 Reserve a Space Register your Event Fund your Event Complete any facility set-up request (if needed) Reserve a Sound Systemlearn how to use it Advertise your Event Host your Event Responsibly
Advertising NNB (Text Ad or Design Ad) Whiteboard Event Calendar All-Campus System Banners in Sayles Tabling in Sayles Flyers around Campus Facebook Groups Chalking Word of Mouth Buy an Ad in the Carletonian
Metro Arts Access Fund What is it? Who can use it? How to submit a proposal? Once approved, how do I make my event happen?
Fleet Vehicle Use Does your organization need to attend a conference, workshop, event etc. Fill-out a Vehicle Use Reservation form available in CAO (Sayles 160) Lee or Nadine will give you your budget code and sign off on the formstating you have money in your account to cover mileage costs Go to Campus Services with the form to reserve a vehicle Pick-up the keys in Campus Services Campus Services is open M-F 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Hazing: According to our Community Standards Policy II. Student Conduct: Expectations, Rules, and Regulations C.Respect for Individuals and Personal Property We expect students to treat all members of the College community with care, respect and dignity. The following conduct is prohibited: Physical, verbal or psychological abuse, harassment, intimidation or other conduct (whether willful or negligent) that threatens or endangers the health, well being, or safety of oneself or of any person on College-owned or leased property, or at College-sponsored or supervised functions. Sexual misconduct, including sexual assault, sexual harassment, or sexually inappropriate behavior. (See Policies Against Sexual Misconduct) Hazing, defined as an act which endangers the mental or physical health or safety of a student, or which destroys or removes public or private property, for the purpose of initiation, admission into, affiliation with, or as a condition for continued membership in a group or an organization. Attempted or actual theft of or damage to personal property.
Hazing: According to MN State Law Minnesota - §§ 120B.22, 128C.02 and 121A.69 Prohibits acts causing a substantial risk of harm to a student for the purpose of initiation. School boards and school sports leagues must adopt written anti-hazing polices and anti-violence education.
Keeping your Organization Organized! Keep binders of important information Delegate tasks to underclassmen Share tasks Update Website Update student organization profile Utilize CSA Lockers (want one? Stop into CAO)
So you need money for your Event? Funding Requests
1. Checking Your Current Budget Student Organization Page – For all of the general/charter information about your group – Access via the CSA website Group Administration Page
1. Checking your Current Budget The Hub – For all of the group finances – Gives an account balance and history
2. Different Sources of Funding YOU!Event Food only request? Alt-Bev Faculty/ Staff invited? Third Center Budget Committee Non-Event Budget Committee *all applications are available at
3. Applying to these Sources What Youll See:
3. Budget Committee Event Request Form
3. Applying to these sources Alt-Bev – Money for food and non-alcoholic beverages to events that may otherwise have alcohol – Cap at $30 Third-Center – Money for meals with faculty or staff members – 1:6 ratio – $12 max per person
3. Budget Committee Tips on Filling out a BC Request form 1. Be as specific as you can 2. Include ALL prices and amounts ordered 3. Include advertisement plans Common Errors 1. Maximum for advertising is $2 2. Only fund food if it is central to an event 3. Do not fund personal property 4. Do not fund retroactively
4. What actually happens at Budget Committee 1.Arrive about 10 minutes before your allotted time period (sometimes were ahead of schedule) 2.There will be a question and answer session where BC members will ask you questions 3.There will be a deliberation session where you are not allowed to speak 4.BC will decide how much money to recommend to senate 5.On the next Monday senate will vote on your request and the allocation will be official
Spring Allocations Apply for an operating budget in the spring for the upcoming year Can apply for funding for fixed costs over the year – Ex: binders to hold club information, CANOE purchased a new canoe Cant apply for funding for specific programs
PRIZE DRAWING TIME…. First drawing is for $25 for your organization… Second drawing is for $50 Grand Prize drawing is for $100
THANK YOU Stop into Campus Activities in Sayles 160 to visit your Programming Assistants or CSA Senators.