Presentation on theme: "Automated Dispatch System (ADW)"— Presentation transcript:
1Automated Dispatch System (ADW) School District 63 (Saanich)Automated Dispatch System (ADW)Logging an Absence
21. Logging in From a School Site or Home Computer: Go to the School District No. 63 Homepage –On the right side of top option bar click on: Employee Self- Service (ESS)Or go to
32. Enter user name & password For example: User Name: Same as when opening your computerPassword: Same as when opening your computer
43. Absence EntryThis is the first screen of the Absence entry process.Details about dates and reasons for absence will be confirmed.Click on My Attendance TabSelect Absence Entry
54. Absence ReasonUse the mouse to click on the drop-down box displaying a list of absence reasons.Choose the appropriate reason.*Remember, not all of the absence reasons may appear in this window. Use scrollbar to move down through the list.Help Documents are available with step-by-step instructions how to log an absence.
65. Length of AbsenceClick on the appropriate “Type of Absence” circle button.Single Day or Range of Days
76. Dates of Absence – Single Day If absence will be a single day, click on the calendar icon which will cause a calendar to display. Use the mouse to click on the date of absence.Dates prior to “today” are not able to be selected – the Calendar will show slashes through all previous dates. If the absence is in the future month, click on the arrow at the top of the calendar to move to the appropriate month. Once the date is selected, the calendar will disappear.When satisfied with dates of Absence selection, click Next.
86. Dates of Absence – Range of Days If absence will be a range of days, click on both the FROM and TO calendar icons. Select the first & last dates of absence. *An opportunity to select the days of absence, within this range, will be given in Step 8.Dates prior to “today” are not able to be selected – the Calendar will show slashes through all previous dates. If the absence is in the future month, click on the arrow at the top of the calendar to move to the appropriate month. Once the date is selected, the calendar will disappear.When satisfied with dates of Absence selection, click Next.
97. Absence Schedule Details This screen displays an individual employee’s regular schedule or it may display the school’s daily schedule. If correct, click Next.Remember that all times must be entered using the 24 hour clock.If the schedule is different from the absence schedule, modifications can be made. Click on the area requiring changes and modify as required.Changes can be made to Position, Location, Start & End Times.For example: Employee’s who will only be absent for part of the day.
108. Absence Schedule Details If a range of days has been selected, the dates will be displayed on this screen.Select the working days by clicking the check mark off.Click on the area requiring changes and modify as required. Changes can be made to Position, Location, Start & End Times.The checkmark will disappear indicating that you will NOT be absent that day.When satisfied with dates of Absence Schedule Details, click Next.
119. Absence Replacement Details This screen allows for options to be given to the Automated Dispatch System (ADS). For example, an employee might be absent the entire day but only need a replacement for the afternoon. Use the mouse to click either the Yes or No circle buttons to respond to each question.When satisfied with Absence Replacement Details, click Next.
1210. Absence Replacement Request This screen will only be displayed if the option to request a replacement was selected.Click on the binoculars icon (a pop-up window will appear)Enter the last name of the substitute to be requested and click the Search button.Once the substitute has been found, click on the name and the Accept button to return to the previous screen.If unsure how to spell the replacement employee’s name, enter a portion of their last name preceded by the asterisks key.When satisfied with dates of Absence Replacement Request, click Next.
1311. Replacement Instructions Teachers needing replacements will need to tell ADS what Subjects and Levels are required for coverage. Click the drop-down menu under both the Subject and level columns to list the available choices. *remember to use the scroll bar to view all available choices.It is important to enter the Subjects & Levels in priority order, with the subject & level being most important or greatest FTE subject area.Please leave a message on this screen. Any information that can be given to a replacement is appreciated. Messages should be specific to your assignment, as the requested substitute may not accept the job. Messages can be as simple as where to park, specific needs of your students, lunch information, etc.When satisfied with dates of Replacement Instructions, click Next.
1412. Absence Entry SummaryThe summary screen list all the choices that have been selected. If everything is correct, click the Submit Absence Button. If changes are required, use the back arrow to move back through the screens to the appropriate place where a change is needed.
1513. Absence Entry Confirmation A confirmation number will be displayed. Record this number or choose the Print Receipt button, as this number is needed to make inquiries or changes to logged absences and also confirms a submitted absence.
1614. Absence Entry Changes/Inquiries Click on My Attendance TabSelect View or Change
17ADS Help Desk: 250-652-xxxx (TBD) Contact/AssistanceADS Help Desk: xxxx (TBD)HELP DESK HOURS: 6:30 to 14:30Absences may be logged24 hours a day, 7 days a week.