Presentation on theme: "Braggs church of Christ - The Fall of Man - Gen. 3 Genesis 3"— Presentation transcript:
1Braggs church of Christ - The Fall of Man - Gen. 3 Genesis 3 Sin and temptation
2IntroductionSome wonder where evil, hardship, suffering, heartbreak, death, hopelessness etc. all beganIt began when man sinned in the Garden of Eden
31. Not A MythSome deny the reality of Genesis 3If man did not sin, then we have no need for the scheme of redemption – the scheme of redemption becomes a solution with no problem
4Rom. 5:12Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned
51 Cor. 15:22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
62. Power of choiceMade in the image of God, Adam and Eve were made with the power of choiceThe choice was whether they would obey God or notThey chose to sin
7“No one is born a sinner. Sin is always by consent.” David R. Pharr Each person falls by his own sin and transgression
8Proverbs 1:10My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.
9Ezek. 18:20The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
103. Temptation is realJs. 1:13Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
112 Cor. 11:3But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
12Doubt - “Yea, Hath God said?” Denial – “Ye shall not surely die”Deceit – Satan persuaded Eve there was much to be gainedDesire – Eve saw ….
131 Jn. 2:16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
144. Reality of sin and its terrible consequences Gal. 3:22But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe
15“Sin always promises what it cannot give” Rather than being like God, Adam and Eve realized that they were ungodly – now unworthy of His fellowship and filled with fear
16Is. 59:2But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear
17Mt. 5:6Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled
185. Reality of deathBanishment from the tree of live meant death for Adam and EveAdam’s sin brought about death for him and his offspring
19Heb. 2:14Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
206. God gives us HOPEWhen sin entered God went to work on the great Scheme Of RedemptionThe rest of the Bible tells of the unfolding of God’s great plan to save man
21Gen. 3:15And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.