We think you have liked this presentation. If you wish to download it, please recommend it to your friends in any social system. Share buttons are a little bit lower. Thank you!
Presentation is loading. Please wait.
Published byLondon Prestage
Modified over 2 years ago
Gluskabe and Old Man Winter by Joseph Bruchac Review
1. Drama A story written to be performed by actors for an audience
2. Characters People who take part in the action
3. Conflict A problem between two characters or forces
4. Theme A message or insight about life
5. Acts Units of the action in a drama
6. Scenes A section of uninterrupted action in the act of a drama
7. Dialogue The words characters say The words of each character appear next to the characters name
8. Script A printed form of the play
9. Stage Directions Sets of bracketed information that tell what the stage looks like and how the characters should move and speak.
10. Set The construction on stage that suggests the time and place of the action
11. Props The movable items such as a book, a suitcase, or a flashlight that the actors use to make their actions look realistic
12. Comedy A form of drama that has a happy ending
13. Tragedy A form of drama in which events lead to the downfall of the main character
14. Screenplays Scripts from which movies are produced
15. Teleplays Types of screenplays written for television
16. Radio Plays The written format of radio broadcasts
17. Who is the main character? Gluskabe
18. How many scenes are in this drama? four
19. What is Gluskabes job? To help the people
20. Why does the Human Being visit Gluskabe and Grandmother Woodchuck? To ask Gluskabe to help bring the long winter to an end.
21. What does Gluskabe ask Old Man Winter to do? Go home to the Winter Land
22. What is strange about Old Man Winters fire? It is made of ice.
23. Where does Grandmother Woodchuck say that warm weather comes from? The Summer Land
24. What does Gluskabe do to look like the people of the Summer Land? He covers one of his eyes with a patch.
25. What does Gluskabe take with him to the Summer Land? Four large balls
26. Why are the Summer Land people angry with Gluskabe? They are angry because he stole a summerstick, and they are greedy people who want to keep all of the warm weather for themselves.
27. What do the crows think they are taking from Gluskabe? The crows think they are taking Gluskabes head.
28. What happens when Gluskabe takes the summerstick into Old Man Winters wigwam? The summerstick melts the wigwam and forces Old Man Winter to leave.
29. What happens after Old Man Winter leaves? The sun comes out and flowers and plants appear.
30. Why does winter return each year? Winter returns because Gluskabe took only one of the four summersticks and used it to melt winter.
31. What is the purpose of this drama? The drama explains why the seasons change.
Elements of Drama. What is Drama? Drama is different from other forms of literature because it is written to be performed. When you read a drama, you.
25 seconds left….. 24 seconds left….. 23 seconds left…..
PSSA Preparation. Question 1(no calculator) D Question 2 (no calculator)
Januar 2005 S M T O T F L
© 2012 National Heart Foundation of Australia. Slide 2.
1 Chapter 1 The Study of Body Function Image PowerPoint Copyright © The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. Permission required for reproduction or display.
©Brooks/Cole, 2001 Chapter 12 Derived Types-- Enumerated, Structure and Union.
McDonald’s calendar 2009 January
Copyright © 2008 Cengage Learning Understanding Generalist Practice, 5e, Kirst-Ashman/Hull 1.
Jeopardy Topic 1Topic Q 1Q 6Q 11Q 16Q 21 Q 2Q 7Q 12Q 17Q 22 Q 3Q 8Q 13Q 18Q 23 Q 4Q 9Q 14Q 19Q 24 Q 5Q 10Q 15Q 20Q 25 Final Jeopardy.
FACTORING Think unfoil Work down, Show all steps ax 2 + bx + c.
1 Prof. Valter Bezerra Dantas
Factor P (8-5ab) 2. 4(d² + 4) 3. 3rs(2r – s) 4. 15cd(1 + 2cd) 5. 8(4a² + 3b²) 6. 12xy(3y – 4x) 7. 5x²y(6x + 7y) 8. 3cd²(3c² - 2d) 9. 15bc³(5b +
REVIEW: Arthropod ID. 1. Name the subphylum. 2. Name the subphylum. 3. Name the order.
We will resume in: 25 Minutes We will resume in: 24 Minutes.
McDonalds Kalender Januar
FANTASY – highly imaginative writing that contains elements not found in real life A. Low fantasy – setting and characters seem realistic except something.
Time for a BREAK! You have 45 Minutes. Time Left 44.
1 Undirected Breadth First Search F A BCG DE H 2 F A BCG DE H Queue: A get Undiscovered Fringe Finished Active 0 distance from A visit(A)
Murach's PHP and MySQL, C15© 2010, Mike Murach & Associates, Inc.Slide 1.
drama Drama is a story told in dialogue by performers in front of an audience.
Year 6 mental test 10 second questions Addition and Subtraction Addition.
ABC Technology Project Mrs. Kiddle. ABCs of Technology Word 1 Word 2 Word 3 Word 4 Word 5 Word 6 Word 7 Word 8 Word 9 Word 19 Word 20 Word 21 Word 22.
Slide 1 Advanced Piloting Cruise Plot. Advanced Piloting Cruise United States Power Squadrons ® Part I Question 1 Question 2 Question 3 Question 4 Question.
What is Drama? Drama is a story told in dialogue by performers in front of an audience.
1 Copyright © 2013 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved. Appendix 01.
Basel-ICU-Journal Challenge18/20/ Basel-ICU-Journal Challenge8/20/2014.
GG Consulting, LLC I-SUITE. Source: TEA SHARS Frequently asked questions 2.
My Alphabet Book 2 a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z My name is Autumn and I work hard at school.
Chapter 11 Membrane Structure Essential Cell Biology Third Edition Copyright © Garland Science 2010.
WEEK 1 You have 10 seconds to name…
Addition 1’s to
Chapter 15 Intracellular Compartments and Transport Essential Cell Biology Third Edition Copyright © Garland Science 2010.
C Copyright © 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved. Practice Solutions.
BIOLOGY AUGUST 2013 OPENING ASSIGNMENTS. AUGUST 7, 2013 Question goes here!
15. Oktober Oktober Oktober 2012.
1 Breadth First Search s s Undiscovered Discovered Finished Queue: s Top of queue 2 1 Shortest path from s.
Chapter 5 Test Review Sections 5-1 through 5-4. Simplify each expression. 1)2) 3)4) 5) 6)
H to shape fully developed personality to shape fully developed personality for successful application in life for successful.
and 5. and and
Elements of Drama. Script The text of the play, movie or show, including the dialogue the characters speak and the stage directions.
Copyright © 2003 Pearson Education, Inc. Slide 1 Computer Systems Organization & Architecture Chapters 8-12 John D. Carpinelli.
Copyright © 2011, Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved. Chapter 2 Author: Julia Richards and R. Scott Hawley.
Title Subtitle 1. A. B. C. C. * D. Click to try again! INCORRECT.
Here it is ladies and gentlemen !!!!! The Pirelli calendar for 2009 You are the first person to receive this new Pirelli- calendar for 2009 This is the.
© 2016 SlidePlayer.com Inc. All rights reserved.