Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Superintendents House – circa 1916 141 Main Street Built by Marshall Field and Company around 1916 as part of the expansion of the German-American Mill.

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "Superintendents House – circa 1916 141 Main Street Built by Marshall Field and Company around 1916 as part of the expansion of the German-American Mill."— Presentation transcript:

1 Superintendents House – circa Main Street Built by Marshall Field and Company around 1916 as part of the expansion of the German-American Mill complex and the mill village. Built for then superintendent Luther Knowles.

2 Superintendents House – circa Main Street Built by Marshall Field and Company around 1916 as part of the expansion of the German-American Mill complex and the mill village. Built for then superintendent Luther Knowles.

3 Imperial Trust and Savings Bank Church Street Built in 1912 when the bank moved from the Spray Mercantile Building. B. Frank Mebane was the banks first president.

4 Imperial Trust and Savings Bank Church Street Built in 1912 when the bank moved from the Spray Mercantile Building. B. Frank Mebane was the banks first president.

5 Spray Mercantile Building Church Street Originally built in 1890 and expanded in Served as the company store for the Morehead mills. Contained a variety of businesses, professional offices, social and recreational facilities, a bank, a post office, and a community center. (Original 2-story building remains.)

6 Spray Mercantile Building Church Street Originally built in 1890 and expanded in Served as the company store for the Morehead mills. Contained a variety of businesses, professional offices, social and recreational facilities, a bank, a post office, and a community center. (Original 2-story building remains.) Original Building Spray Water Power and Land Blotter

7 Spray Mercantile Building Church Street Originally built in 1890 and expanded in Served as the company store for the Morehead mills. Contained a variety of businesses, professional offices, social and recreational facilities, a bank, a post office, and a community center. (Original 2-story building remains.)

8 Roberts Café Washington Street Built as a commercial building around Served as a Coca-cola distributorship around 1909 before becoming the Roberts Café from , then the G.J. Grill for 3 decades. Currently houses the Eden Historical Museum.

9 Roberts Café Washington Street Built as a commercial building around Served as a Coca-cola distributorship around 1909 before becoming the Roberts Café from , then the G.J. Grill for 3 decades. Currently houses the Eden Historical Museum.

10 Carter-Moir Hardware – 1880s 624 Washington Street Built in the 1880s, this is the oldest brick commercial structure in Leaksville. Earliest known occupant was a hardware store and possibly the Bank of Leaksville. Original ornate brickwork remains intact.

11 Carter-Moir Hardware – 1880s 624 Washington Street Built in the 1880s, this is the oldest brick commercial structure in Leaksville. Earliest known occupant was a hardware store and possibly the Bank of Leaksville. Original ornate brickwork remains intact.


Download ppt "Superintendents House – circa 1916 141 Main Street Built by Marshall Field and Company around 1916 as part of the expansion of the German-American Mill."

Similar presentations


Ads by Google