Presentation on theme: "Enterprise: management Job. Agricultural Law objective: Learn about the different aspects of the law that effect you. 1. When in question about legal."— Presentation transcript:
Enterprise: management Job. Agricultural Law objective: Learn about the different aspects of the law that effect you. 1. When in question about legal matters why should you consult a competent attorney? 2. List the 4 sources of law and how they come about: 3. What is a contract? 4. What ate the two types of contracts and explain each?
5. What are the four elements that must be present to make a contract enforceable? 6. What type of contracts must be in writing? 7. What is breach of contract? 8. What is the packer and stockyard act? 9. What is a float and how can you help reduce floats?
10. List and explain the three types of leases: 11. What are you liable for with a machinery lease? 12. What is negligence? 13. List the 3 types of people who come onto your farm and explain what you are liable for with each type:
14. Explain the Doctrine of Attractive Nuisance: 15. List some common laws that affect the use of fences: 16. Explain responsibility of animals hit on the highway: 17. What is the law concerning strays 18. Why have a will? And what are the consequences of dying without one?
1. You should always consult a lawyer when in question about legal matters because the fees are cheaper than a lawyer and they can develop a compromise. 2. The four sources of law are: Administrative ( Gov.), Customs (stoning), Judges, and lawmaking bodies.
3. A contract is a legally enforceable arrangement between two parties. 4. The two types of contracts are : A. expressed- states terms b. inferred - actions or conducts indicate intentions
5. For a contract to be enforceable it must have be made between two or more competent parties, have an offer and acceptance, have sufficient consideration, and not offend policy or morals. 6. You should have a written contract for agreements with commissions, if the contracts are for more than one year, if there is a promise to be responsible for debts,
Prenuptial, sale of goods above certain value, and land leases. 7. A breach of contract is the failure to comply with the terms of the contract. 8. The packer and stockyard act is a federal act with regulates the sale of livestock, certifies scales, and requires livestock to be paid for 24 hrs after purchase.
9. A float is a check written using a distant bank this enable the person to make money off of you. Demand cash or cashiers check. 10. The three types of leases are A). Cash- fixed price for commodity. B). Share - share in the commodity. C). Manager operator or partnership lease - usually manager furnishes capital and leaser furnishers labor
11. You are liable in a machinery lease for making payments, repairs, maintenance, and provide shelter. 12. Negligence is the omission to do something that a responsible person would do.
13. The 3 types of people who come on to a farm are: A) invitee - person on farm withonsent or benefit, you have the duty to warn them of dangers and inspect properties of dangers. B). Licensee - some on land for their own pleasure you need to warn them of any dangers you know of.
C). Trespasser - someone not invited or desired. You are not liable for any injury unless you inflict.