Presentation on theme: "1.List at least 3 adaptations that makes it possible for the animal to survive in a cold climate? Fur/hair Blubber Ability to hibernate or migrate."— Presentation transcript:
1.List at least 3 adaptations that makes it possible for the animal to survive in a cold climate? Fur/hair Blubber Ability to hibernate or migrate
2. How do scientists use data they get from fossils? They use the information to compare organisms of found on Earth today to the fossils evidence they have.
3. How are long ears an advantage to desert rabbits? Blood flows through the thin ears and cools down; therefore, cooling down the rabbit.
4. A giraffe's long neck helps it to survive because giraffes can Eat food from the high treetops
5. Animal fossils are more plentiful than plant fossils because animals contain Because they contain hard parts such as bones, teeth, and shells
6. Which adaptation allows giraffes to feed on a diet of leaves from treetops? Body structure: long legs, necks, long tongues
7. The way a plant or animal species adjusts to the environment is known as an Adaptation
8. List at least 2 behaviors that are adaptations characteristic of desert animals Getting water from the plants they eat Being active only at night Staying buried all day
9. Some fossils are shaped like the clams that are alive today. This tells us that clams have been on Earth for a very long time.
10. Polar bears and brown bears are related. Over time, polar bears and brown bears have developed different appearances. What most likely caused the difference in fur color between the two species? Polar bears benefited from lighter colored fur and passed it on to their offspring.
11. In his observations of the finches in the Galapagos Islands, Darwin stated that we could never "watch" natural selection in action. Why did Darwin believe this? Because it happens gradually, and happens too slow to observe
12. Where (which biomes) might an albino (all white) animal have a selective advantage over an animal with a brown coat? Tundra
13. Which characteristic distinguishes Monerans (Bacteria) from all other kingdoms of life? They are always single celled or unicellular
14. What animal has a lightweight skeleton, feather, and no urinary bladder? Birds
15. List three adaptations that amphibians have that allow them to live on land. Their skin stays moist. A complete digestive system Strong bones and muscle
16. List 2 kinds of animals that need an aquatic environment to reproduce? Amphibians Fish
17. A vertebrate with a skeleton made up of cartilage (flexible tissue) would belong in which class? Fish
18. A dog would be classified as a mammal
19. Athlete's foot and ringworm are skin infections caused by organisms belonging to which kingdom? Kingdom Fungi
20. Spiders, crabs, beetles, and butterflies belong to the phylum Arthropoda because they all have an exoskeleton and jointed appendages.