Presentation on theme: "List at least 3 adaptations that makes it possible for the animal to survive in a cold climate? Fur/hair Blubber Ability to hibernate or migrate."— Presentation transcript:
1List at least 3 adaptations that makes it possible for the animal to survive in a cold climate? Fur/hairBlubberAbility to hibernate or migrate
22. How do scientists use data they get from fossils? They use the information to compare organisms of found on Earth today to the fossils evidence they have.
33. How are long ears an advantage to desert rabbits? Blood flows through the thin ears and cools down; therefore, cooling down the rabbit.
44. A giraffe's long neck helps it to survive because giraffes can Eat food from the high treetops
55. Animal fossils are more plentiful than plant fossils because animals contain Because they contain hard parts such as bones, teeth, and shells
66. Which adaptation allows giraffes to feed on a diet of leaves from treetops? Body structure: long legs, necks, long tongues
77. The way a plant or animal species adjusts to the environment is known as an Adaptation
88. List at least 2 behaviors that are adaptations characteristic of desert animals Getting water from the plants they eatBeing active only at nightStaying buried all day
99. Some fossils are shaped like the clams that are alive today 9. Some fossils are shaped like the clams that are alive today. This tells us thatclams have been on Earth for a very long time.
1010. Polar bears and brown bears are related 10. Polar bears and brown bears are related. Over time, polar bears and brown bears have developed different appearances. What most likely caused the difference in fur color between the two species?Polar bears benefited from lighter colored fur and passed it on to their offspring.
1111. In his observations of the finches in the Galapagos Islands, Darwin stated that we could never "watch" natural selection in action. Why did Darwin believe this?Because it happens gradually, and happens too slow to observe
1212. Where (which biomes) might an albino (all white) animal have a selective advantage over an animal with a brown coat?Tundra
1313. Which characteristic distinguishes Monerans (Bacteria) from all other kingdoms of life? They are always single celled or unicellular
1414. What animal has a lightweight skeleton, feather, and no urinary bladder? Birds
1515. List three adaptations that amphibians have that allow them to live on land. Their skin stays moist.A complete digestive systemStrong bones and muscle
1616. List 2 kinds of animals that need an aquatic environment to reproduce? AmphibiansFish
1717. A vertebrate with a skeleton made up of cartilage (flexible tissue) would belong in which class? Fish