Presentation on theme: "Home control model for smart devices 2012. 5. 8 Ho-Jin Park ETRI, Korea ISO/IEC JTC1/SC25/WG1-N1536."— Presentation transcript:
Home control model for smart devices 2012. 5. 8 Ho-Jin Park ETRI, Korea ISO/IEC JTC1/SC25/WG1-N1536
- 2 -- 2 - Contents 1.Introduction 2.Scope 3. Home Control Model 4.Taxonomy & Lexicon
- 3 -- 3 - Introduction Smart devices with open platform, such as smart phone, tablet PC, are being widely introduced –act as a service platform of various applications –linked with app stores for open market of 3rd partys applications –guarantee users opportunity to select and enjoy apps as they like Smart devices are recently emerging as a service platform of a home –to monitor & control home devices and appliances inside and outside home –are expected to become a main control device in a home
- 4 -- 4 - Scope This standard is designed to define the interface between smart devices and the users home –to monitor & control the status of household devices inside and outside the house To that end, the followings are specified; –a logical model for the link between smart devices and the home the logical elements needed to support various services the interrelationship among those logical elements –the messages for the command, status report, and data among the logical components of the model
- 5 -- 5 - Home control model(1/2) This standard defines the interface method between smart devices and the HES gateway. –The interface is not dependent on any particular type of smart device (e.g., manufacturer, installed OS, etc.). The HES gateway translates the message exchanged with a smart device and the message exchanged with the home appliance or device. –For this translation process, the application interoperability model defined in ISO/IEC 18012-2 may be applied. Both wired and wireless connections are supported for communication between smart devices and the HES gateway. –Wireless is mostly used for mobility. HES gateway (ISO/IEC 15045 & 18012) Home devicesSmart devices WAN, LANLAN
- 6 -- 6 - Home control model(2/2) Smart devices are connected to the HES gateway directly inside the house, or via the WAN outside the house. –Smart device may be connected to the HES gateway via HMS(Home Management Server) according to local market conditions. Smart devices resolve the IP address of the HES gateway, using one of two methods: the address can be set for the smart device in advance. the address can be resolved, using the DNS and HMS. The authentication procedure should be performed for smart devices to communicate with the HES gateway. HES gateway (ISO/IEC 15045 & 18012) Home devicesSmart devices WAN, LANLAN
- 7 -- 7 - Taxonomy of home control use case Authentication of smart devices Obtaining a list of home devices Obtaining the control profile of a home device Controlling a home device Event notification of home device
- 8 -- 8 - Use case 1: Authentication of smart devices This verifies the validity of smart devices before setting the communication path between smart devices and the HES gateway, which is required to enable smart devices to control home devices. –Authentication request requesting authentication of the login data –Authentication response including the authentication result data HES gateway (ISO/IEC 15045 & 18012) Home devicesSmart devices WAN, LANLAN Authentication Request Authentication Response
- 9 -- 9 - Use case 2: Obtaining a list of home devices This obtains a list of controllable home devices from the HES gateway, using smart devices. –The home device list includes information pertaining to each controllable home device, such as the devices name, type (e.g., light, boiler, air conditioner, gas valve, etc.), unique identification number within the device type, and control communication type (e.g., PLC, RS-485, ZigBee, Bluetooth, etc.). –Device list request requesting a list of home devices for control –Device list response including a list of home devices
- 10 - Use case 3: Obtaining the control profile of a home device This obtains a device control profile, which describes how the user can control a particular device using a smart device, from the HES gateway. –The device control profile lists the commands defined in the device in question, and defines the command type, command name, command identification number, input data list, and data types for each command. –Device control profile request requesting the device control profile of a particular home device –Device control profile response including the device control profile
- 11 - Use case 4: Controlling a home device This consists of the procedure for sending a control command to the HES gateway, and receiving the execution result notice, when the user monitors or changes the operational status of a particular device, using a smart device. –Home device control request including the command for a particular device and the data needed to execute the command, to the HES gateway, by referring to the device control profile –Home device control response including the execution results and data from the home device
- 12 - Use case 5: Event notification of home device This consists of the procedure for sending a event notification to the smart device when change in the operational status of a particular device is occurred. –Event notification including the information for the event –This message is delivered by PUSH service.
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.