3About Mahavir Education Trust Mahavir Education Trust, established for the purpose of developing technical education, started the Enginering College in July 1984 with the help of munificent donations from the two main donors viz.Shri. Lalji Velji AnchorwalaSmt. Shah Laxmiben Karamshi Bhujpurwala CheritableTrustBoth the donors belong to the Kutchhi Community and as per their wish the Engineering College is named as“Shah & Anchor Kutchhi Enginneing College”
4Honourable Members of Mahavir Education Trust Board of Trustees Shri Keshavji Umarshi Chhadva, ChairmanShri Damji Lalji Shah, Managing TrusteeShri Navin Karamshi Shah, Managing TrusteeShri Shamji Tokarshi Vora, Trustee – PresidentShri Nenshi Lakhamshi Shah, Trustee-Vice PresidentShri Piyush Vasantji Shah, Trustee - Hon SecretaryShri Popatlal Meghji Shah, TrusteeShri Gagubhai Tokarsh Chhadva TrusteeShri Jadhavji Lalji Shah , TrusteeShri Mansukh Laxmichand Shah, Trustee – Hon. Jt. SecretaryShri Premji Meghji Rambhia, Hon. Jt. Secretary
5The College is approved by A. I. C. T. E The College is approved by A.I.C.T.E., and awarded Accreditation for Electronics Engg. course by National Board of Accreditation for a period of 3 years from 15/02/2005.College is recognized and awarded Grade ‘A’ by the Directorate of Technical Education, M.S.College is affiliated to the University of Mumbai.The college is ISO 9001:2000 certified
6awarded by the Board of Technical Examination of Maharashtra State. Mahavir Education Trust established “Shah & Anchor Kuchhi Polytechnic at Chembur before starting the Engineering College”.The polytechnic was inaugurated by Late Shri Vasantdada Patil, the then Hon’ble Chief Mainister of Maharashtra State.The Polytechnic is recognized by the Govt. Of Maharshtra’s Dept. of Technical Education and conducts courses leading to theDiploma inElectronics Engg.Computer TechnologyElectronics and TelecommunicationInformation Technologyawarded by the Board of Technical Examination of Maharashtra State.The Polytechnic is accredited by National Board of Accreditation for two course viz.Electronics an Telecommunication
7Results – May 2006 Class (Sem) & Subject Appeared Dist. I Class II Class/Pass ClassPercentage College/University.Special AchievementB.E.Sem.VIII( R ) Eltx.12531691692.80%/ 89.83%University order of merit – 6th, 15th, 22nd , 29th & 35th position.( R ) Comp.12113852097.52%/92.87%University order of merit – 12th & 47th position.( R ) IT62350996.77%95.94%University order of merit – 52nd position.B.E. Sem.VIII (R ) Constn.19030511100.00%/80.77%University order of merit –2nd & 3rd position.
8PlacementsThe placement cell conducts Aptitude tests, mock interviews and expert lectures to prepare students for placement interviews.The average salary was Rs. 2.5 Lakhs per annum for duly placed students of batch.The renowned companies who recruited our students are given below.The details …….
9No. of Students Selected Package offered in lakhs (Rs.p.a.) S.No.Name of the CompanyNo. of Students SelectedPackage offered in lakhs (Rs.p.a.)1Tata Consultancy Services322.302Amdocs153.603Tata Infotech Ltd.232.194Hexaware Technology2.135Atos Origin2.606Patni Computer Systems171.927I-Flex Solutions2.108L & T Infotech Ltd.9N S E Infotech2.4010Godrej Infotech2.0011Infosys Technologies2.1612Zeus Systems2.5513HSBC Infotech14GE Benetely IndiaReliance Infocomm211.90
10Flow of PresentationList of Appointed staff members for Proposed MMS CourseRatio of Teacher : StudentsProof of Vth pay commission paid to the staff.Area of the Proposed MMS course (Including Carpet Area)Equipments / machinery is to be purchased
11Orders and acceptance for computers for MMS Course. Orders and acceptance ( proposed) for Library books and journals for MMS Course.Interim fee proposed for MMS Course for academic yearExisting and proposed details of Built-up area of the institute in the prescribed formatProposed delivery of MMS Course
12List of Appointed staff members for Proposed MMS Course Name of the ProgrammeS.No.Name (s) of the Teaching FacultyDesignationLecturer/ Asst. Professor/ ProfessorQualifications with field of specializationDate of BirthExperiencea) Teachingb) Industryc) ResearchIdentified / Appointed (Date of Joining the Institution)Gross total salary &Present basic / pay scales & date from which implemented.UGPGDoctorateABCMMS1Dr.Chadrashekhar JoshiProfBE,MCA,MMS,MSc,(IT)LLM,M.Phil,Ph.D2.6yrs16.6-Rs.16,400/- Basic from1-7-07(Gross Rs.38,984/-2Dr.(Ms)AnuradhaMalsheA.P.Ph.D. (Economics)Yrs8Rs.12,000/- BasicFrom(Gross Rs.28,820/-3Ms.Iyer Ramjanaki D.Lect.B.Pharm (UDCT) MMS6Rs.8000/- BasicFrom (Gross Rs.19,580/-4Mr.Nitin S KulkarniBE (Mech),PG DBA(Finance)M.F.M.Yrs (Visiting)7
132. Ratio of Teacher : Students (Existing Engg. College and Proposed MMS course)For Proposed MMS course, we have appointed 4 Faculty members against the intake of 60 students.Therefore the ratioofTeacher : studentsIs1 : 15
143. Proof of Vth pay commission paid to the staff. Vth Pay commission is already implemented in the existing Engineering college.The details of the same is available in the salary register of January, 2007 which is attached in the file.
154. Area of the Proposed MMS course (Including Carpet Area) Area in Sq.mG.Floor AreaAdministration330Sanitary32Reception and Maintenance48Total4101 FloorClass Room (2 No)154Seminar Hall184Passage and staircase106476Computer center3 Floor AreaClass Room (1 No)74Syndicate room80Library184Sanitary32Passage and staircase106Total4764 FloorComputer centerFaculty Room100Seminar Hall54
16Equipments / machinery For proposed MMS Course, the total ofRs. 11,43,000/- (approx)will be spent on furniture/fixtures
176. Orders and acceptance for computers for MMS Course. Order placed for computer toM/s Libra Systems, Vashi,Navi Mumbai70 computers at the rate of Rs. 39,000/-Total cost will be Rs. 27,30,000/-5 Printers at the rate of Rs 15,900/-Total cost will be Rs. 79,500/-
181 Color printer at the rate of Rs. 17,100 Grand total of the order placed isRs. 28,26,600/-Acceptance of M/s Libra Systems vide their letter dated:
197. Orders to be placed for Library books and journals for MMS Course. Quotations have been received and order is to be placed for Books and Journals withM/s Navkar Book Distributors,Dist: ThaneFor Rs 5,00,000/- (approx)
208. Interim fee proposed for MMS Course for academic year 2007-08 We are proposingRs. 80,000/-per year per student
219. Existing and proposed details of Built-up area of the institute in the prescribed format (Area in Sq mtr)ParticularsAdministrative areaInstructional areaOthersArea for Hostel/Staff QrtsTotal AreaMMS(Proposed)880.00440.00200.00-Existing Engg. Building
2210. Proposed delivery of MMS Course The Program will be delivered by core faculty and eminent experts from industry and academic as visiting faculty.The lectures and tutorials will form part of structured formal learning.Other mode of interactive and experiential learning will consist of management games, case-studies, participation in seminars and workshops and also out-bound training for studentsFaculty development will be through sponsored seminars and workshops, membership of professional society, consultancy assignments etc.Management development programs may be offered with the help of various corporate.