Presentation on theme: "DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION, GNCTD"— Presentation transcript:
1DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION, GNCTD TRAINING OF NEWLY PROMOTED PRINCIPALS/ VICE-PRINCIPALS AT TYAGRAJ STADIUM (25TH to 28th Feb) - A MACRO VIEW OFDEPARTMENTOFEDUCATION, GNCTD
2DoE at a glance The biggest Department of the Delhi Government & 2nd biggest organization in Delhi after police.Almost 16 Lakh Students in Delhi Govt. Schools. Enrollment rising by more than 1 lakh additional students every yearExtensive IT based & MIS platform workingNearly 50 thousand employees.969 Government Schools of various types.1284 Private recognized schools & 216 aided schoolsAhead of all states in getting EWS admissions (25,000 last year)Mid day meal (MDM) to 7.2 lakh students daily.All India best performance in academics and sports.Mission : Access of Education within vicinity as per Right to Education (RTE) norms, Bridging Gender & Social Category Gaps, Focus on Quality of Education, skill development & sportsDisbursal of Rs 300 crore cash subsidy to students per annum.
3Physical Infrastructure Plan of presentation6 parts and 32 slides1Core functions15 SlidesSCHOOLS, STUDENTS..2Performance Review5 SlidesX,XII RESULTS, SPORTS3Physical Infrastructure6 SlidesBUILDINGS4Human Resources1 SlideTEACHERS, STAFF5Right to Education2 SlidesTIMELINES, ISSUES6Other issues3 SlidesICT, VKS, SPORTS
41. CORE FUNCTIONS GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS Mid day meal Annual expenditure RUNNING OF 969 GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS IN 679 BUILDINGS393 SINGLE SHIFT SCHOOLS(288 x 2= 576) DOUBLE SHIFT SCHOOLSPROVIDING MID-DAY MEAL.. .Mid day mealAnnual expenditureDelhi government schools (7.2 lakh students daily)Rs. 56 cr on cooking cost3rd party monitoring for quality: 4 samples every month taken by Shriram Lab (2 from kitchen + 2 from schools) for each 17 service providersStrict action (FIR, penalty, cancellation of contract for any., 3 firms contract cancelled , testing standards have been revised upwards to have higher nutrition4
51. CORE FUNCTIONS GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS WELFARE SCHEMES …. Aadhar enabled direct cash transfer in respect of 2 schemes w.e.f. 01/01/13 in two pilot districts.SchemeBeneficiariesAnnual expenditureKishori (free pack of 10 sanitary napkins to girl students every month)About 7 lakh girl students from class 6th to 12thRs. 12 crCash subsidy for BooksStudents (9TH to 12TH )Rs. 100 cr.Cash uniform subsidy.-All students (1st to 12th )Rs. 125 cr.Scholarship for meritorious students (80% & above marks)Eligible students (7th to 12th )Rs. 4 crScholarship for educationally backward minorities (Muslims & Neo Buddhists)About 2 lakh students whose family income is less than Rs 2 lakhsRs. 8 cr.Free transport for girls students of rural areasAbout 3600 girl students of 7 schoolsRs. 1.6 crYuva (outstation/ local tours, magazines, annual day)Rs. 27 cr5
61. CORE FUNCTIONS GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS IMPLEMENTATION OF WELFARE SCHEMES OF OTHER DEPARTMENTS.SchemeDepartmentBeneficiariesAnnual expenditureDistribution of funds under Ladli schemeWCDAbout 1,06,585Rs. 92 CrFree stationery to SC/ST/ OBC/ Minorities studentsDepartment of welfare of SC/ST/ OBC/ MinoritiesAll eligible students (1st to 12th)Rs. 25 CrMerit Scholarship for Department of welfare of SC/ST/ OBC/ MinoritiesRs. 22 CrScholarship for children of construction workersLabour DepartmentRs. 3 Cr6
71. Core functions SSA FLAGSHIP SCHEME Achievements from 2003 onwards No. Of new school buildings constructed12No. Of additional classrooms constructed1399Construction of additional classrooms in progress543No. Of toilet blocks constructed610No. Of ramps constructed for CWSN with hand railings2319Construction of additional toilet blocks for girls in progress161No. Of out of school children mainstreamed through various activities such as aie centers, and dakhila abhiyan1.65 lakhsTraining of all in-service teachers for days (every year) through SCERT/DIETS
81. Core functions SSA & IEDSS More than 10,000 children with special needs have been provided aids & appliances.School grant Rs. 5000/- for primary and Rs. 7000/- for u. Pry.), Maintenance grant Rs.7500/- per school) and teacher grant Rs.500/- per teacher) are given to all schools every year.House hold survey for out of school children including cwsn conducted.During the year and library Rs.10,000 for u. Pry. Rs.3000 for primary schools were given to all schools.Development of CAL (computer aided learning ) content for upper primary classes and operationalization of cal labs in all government schools.Scholarship to disabled children.Appointment of around 900 Special educators through DSSSB under process for differentially-abled children .
9Publications & distribution 1. CORE FUNCTIONSGOVERNMENT SCHOOLSPRINTS AND SUPPLYING BOOKS, ETC (DBTB)Publications & distributionBeneficiariesText books from KG to class 8thAll Delhi government & MCD schoolsSchool diariesAll Delhi government schoolsSupport material for higher classesMental math books9
10SPORTS INFRASTRUCTURE 1. CORE FUNCTIONSGOVERNMENT SCHOOLSSPORTSCoaching to around 22,000 studentsOur students are regularly participating in National Republic Day & Independence Day celebrationsSPORTS INFRASTRUCTURE3 stadiums (CHATARSAL, TYAGRAJ, BAWANA)Fifteen sports complexes14 swimming pools including one olympic size swimming pool140 sports coaching centres in government schools10
111. CORE FUNCTIONS GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS VOCATIONAL COURSES CORRESPONDENCE COURSESNO. OF SCHOOLS202 Govt. & 7 Aided SchoolsNO. OF STUDENTS16884NO. OF COURSES19LATEST COURSESHOSPITALITY & TOURISMCLASSNO. OF BENEFICIARIESCLASS 10TH270CLASS 11TH196CLASS 12TH432711
121. CORE FUNCTIONS AIDED SCHOOLS SUPPORT 216 GOVERNMENT AIDED SCHOOLS PROVIDE 95% GRANT FOR RECURRING EXPENDITURE LIKE SALARYPROVIDE FREE MID-DAY MEAL TO 83,000 STUDENTSALL WELFARE SCHEMES GIVEN TO GOVT. SCHOOLS EXCEPT SCHOLARSHIPS & YUVA.HAVE TO DEAL WITH DISCIPLINARY MATTERS/COURT MATTERS OF MORE THAN 6000 TEACHERS OF AIDED SCHOOLS12
131. CORE FUNCTIONS UNAIDED SCHOOLS THERE ARE 1284 PRIVATE UNAIDED SCHOOLS RECOGNIZED BY USGRANTING RECOGNITION/ UPGRADATION AS PER PROVISIONS OF DELHI SCHOOL EDUCATION ACT & RULESREGULATING ADMISSION CRITERIA.REIMBURSEMENT OF EWS PER CHILD UPTO Rs.1190/- PER CHILD PER MONTH.VARIOUS ADVISORIES ON ISSUES LIKE SCHOOL BUS, SCHOOL FEE, SCHOOL CALENDER, HOLIDAYS.GRANT OF EXTENSION OF SERVICE OF HEAD OF SCHOOL ON RETIREMENT UPTO AGE OF 62/65.INSPECTIONS, TAKING OVER (LIKE CENTRAL ACADEMY, UPRAS VIDYALAYA (in process),13
141. CORE FUNCTIONS TOTAL SCHOOLS S.No. District Govt. Aided Un-aided East110151382632North East12482333653North5946241294North West A1047952065North West B1171762976West A581461133West B75177258South West A16601229South West B8315824110South1471812128611New Delhi22134012Central412896921612842469
151. CORE FUNCTIONS ADMISSIONS GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS & AIDED SCHOOLS ADMISSION GUIDELINES FOR CLASS KG/1ST, 6TH & 11TH.DRAW OF LOTS FOR SARVODAYA VIDYALAYAS.SCREENING PROCESS FOR RAJKIYA PRATIBHA VIKAS VIDYALAYAs (RPVVs) IN CLASSES 6TH, 9TH & 11TH. HIGH COURT HAS RECENTLY UPHELD THE ADMISSION PROCESS FOR RPVVs.HUGE SPURT IN ADMISSIONS IN GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS60,000 ADDITIONAL STUDENTS IN 11TH CLASS ALONE THIS YEARYearGovernment SchoolsAided Schools…164601159205152837161262
161. CORE FUNCTIONS ADMISSIONS POLICY & REGULATIONS FOR UNAIDED PRIVATE SCHOOLS25% ECONOMICALLY WEAKER SECTIONS & DISADVANTAGED CRITERIADISTANCE CRITERIA0-1 KM1-3 KM3-6 KM6 & ABOVENO INCOME CRITERIA FOR SOCIALLY DISADVANTAGEDLOTTERY STSTEM15% EWS for Minority Schools on public land
171. CORE FUNCTIONS MIS Department’s Web Site www.edudel.nic.in, contain All Circulars, Notices, Forms, other details about officers etc.So no need to run from pillar to post to obtain various forms, copies of orders and circulars etc.Department’s own address generated for direct interface with the all officers/schools/public/other agencies.All the Delhi Govt., Govt. Aided, Unaided, MCD, NDMC Schools plotted on digital map for easy location.Contd….
18A micro view of all Schools as plotted on Digital Map under GIS
191. CORE FUNCTIONSMISDeveloped as the Backbone of entire computerization process.Separate Modules developed to address specific problems of the Directorate:Finance Module.Pay Roll Module.Infrastructure Module.Student Module.Personnel Information System.Transfer Posting Module.Court Case Module.Vigilance Module.DoE has received PM’s award for excellence
20No of Students Appeared .2. PERFORMANCE REVIEWCLASS X RESULTSYearNo of Students AppearedPass %79933050.778547948.039655159.739530977.1210533283.6911605489.413202090.9917502399.0922842599.16
21No of Students Appeared .2. PERFORMANCE REVIEWCLASS XII RESULTSYearNo of Students AppearedPass %5434177.85761676.446057078.076891582.737220585.78717687.159740288.8711218987.5412134587.72
22.2. PERFORMANCE REVIEWCLASS XII RESULTSINTER-STATE COMPARISION
23.2. PERFORMANCE REVIEWCLASS XII RESULTSINTER-CATEGORY COMPARISION
242. PERFORMANCE REVIEW . SPORTS OUR THREE PLAYERS PARTICIPATED IN LONDON OLYMPICS SH. SUSHIL KUMAR WON SILVER MEDAL IN WRESTLING.82 PLAYERS WON MEDALS IN DIFFERENT DISCIPLINES IN AT INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS261 GOLD MEDALS WON BY DELHI AT NATIONAL SCHOOL GAMES , 2ND MAHARASHTRA (173), 3RD PUNJAB (43)ACADEMIC YEARGOLDSILVERBRONZETOTAL491244107842512292159963516283176975532291173996
253. PHYSICAL INFRASTRUCTURE EXISTING BUILDINGSS. No.District NameNo of BuildingsNo. of Building having Double ShiftsNO. OF UPCOMING PROJECTS1East684072North East6456113North4712-4North west-A7727195North west-B84306West-A5101West-B5220068South west-A389South west-B65182110South96New DelhiCentral33Total67995
263. PHYSICAL INFRASTRUCTURE NEW SITESIn many areas enrollment in a single shift school has crossed 7000RTE, 2009 timelines about infrastructure, teacher pupil ratioSupreme Court monitoring infrastructure, toilets in govt. schoolsNeed atleast more than 200 schools quickly to meet RTE normsHon’ble LG has kindly allotted more than 20 Gaon Sabha land sitesSome sites from other Delhi govt deptt. like DUSIB, IF&CSome sites allotted by DDA over last few yearsWork under progress at 36 sitesRequisition for 87 school sites sent to DDA by Chief Secretary in May 2012Planning branch of DDA sitting on the proposalPREFAB technology under consideration through HPL for 25 sites
273. PHYSICAL INFRASTRUCTURE DESKSENROLLMENT : 15,75,251 (AS ON 12/9/2012)DESKS REQUIRED : 7.87 LAKHSAVAILABLE DESKS: 5 LAKHS APPROXIMATELYGAP OF AVAILABILITY OF DESKS: ABOUT 2.5 LAKH DESKSTIHAR JAIL – ORDER TO SUPPLY 1.2 LAC DESKS ON 13/11/2011.38376 DESKS SUPPLIED TILL NOW.MAX. DUAL DESKS TIHAR CAN SUPPLY : 300 PER DAYTENDER FOR SUPPLY OF 2.5 LAKH DESKS FLOATED
283. PHYSICAL INFRASTRUCTURE SANITATION195 SCHOOLS HAVE GOVT. SWEEPER BASED SANITATION774 SCHOOLS OUTSOURCED SANITATION THROUGH 10 PRIVATE AGENCIESONLINE MONITORING OF SANITATION BEING PUT IN PLACEPROBLEMS:THE TENDER WAS CALLED ON PER SQARE METER AREA BASIS DUE TO WHICH IN SOME CASES THE PER MONTH CHARGE COMES OUT TO BE VERY LESS.HUGE BURDEN ON EXISTING TOILETS DUE TO SPURT IN ENROLLMENT & DOUBLE SHIFTWAY FORWARDEXISTING TENDER BEING CANCELLED & PRINCIPALS BEING AUTHORISED TO HIRE AT MIN. WAGESNEW TENDER DOCUMENT BEING FINALISED.
293. PHYSICAL INFRASTRUCTURE SECURITY158 SCHOOL BUILDINGS HAVE GOVERNMENT CHOWKIDARS.523 SCHOOL BUILDINGS ARE COVERED BY 14 PRIVATE SECURITY AGENCIES.CONTRACT OF PROVIDING PVT. SECURITY GUARDS HAS BEEN GIVEN TO 14 SECURITY AGENCIES.
303. HUMAN RESOURSES DETAILS Secretary EducationDirector EducationFour RegionalDirectorsThree SpecialDirectors (HQ)Five AdditionalDirectorsEleven Deputy Directorsat District LevelFive Deputy Directorsat HQ Level for Science, Vocational,Mid Day Meal, Land & Estate and Patrachar28 Education Officers AND 28 Sports supervisors(Zonal Level)971 Principals, 1295 VPs, 10,885 PGTs, 29,421 TGTs, othersCTET made mandatory to improve quality of teachers
315. RIGHT TO EDUCATION THINGS ALREADY DONE RULES UNDER RIGHT TO EDUCATION ACT NOTIFIED.SCERT NOTIFIED AS “ACADEMIC AUTHORITY” UNDER RTE.“NO DETENTION POLICY” UPTO CLASS 8TH NOTIFIED.25% ADMISSIONS FOR EWS & DISADVANTAGED CATEGORY IN PRIVATE SCHOOLS OF DELHI IMPLEMENTED.MECHANISM OF REIMBURSEMENT OF CLAIM OF 25 % FREESHIP QUOTA UNDER EWS PUT IN PLACE (UPTO Rs. 1190/- PER CHILD PER MONTH).
325. RIGHT TO EDUCATION THINGS UNDER PROCESS REVISED NORMS FOR RECOGNITION OF MORE THAN UNRECOGNISED SCHOOLS WHICH DO NOT FULFILL EXISTING LAND NORMS.CURRICULM FOR AGE APPROPRIATE CLASS BEING DEVELOPED BY SCERT.PROPOSAL FOR CONSTITUTION OF “STATE ADVISORY COUNCIL” UNDER PROCESS.DECLARATION OF LOCAL AUTHORITY.CONSTITUTION OF SCHOOL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE.MECHANISM FOR GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL FOR CHILDREN & TEACHERS.SCHOOL MAPPING.
336. Other issues COMPUTER EDUCATION TO PROVIDE SMART CLASSES IN ONE SECTION EACH FOR CLASSES 9TH TO 12TH IN ALL 17 RPVVs ON PILOT BASIS.PROPOSAL BEING FINALIZED.ON THE BASIS OF EXPERIENCE GATHERED, THE PROJECT CAN BE UPSCALED.COMPUTER EDUCATION WILL BE PROVIDED TO ALL THE STUDENTS FROM CLASS 6TH TO 12TH IN 1111 GOVT. & GOVT. AIDED SCHOOLS OF GNCT OF DELHION BOOT MODEL BASIS THROUGH M/S TELECOMMUNICATION CONSULTANTS INDIA LTD.(TCIL) (A GOVT. OF INDIA ENTERPRISE).CABINET HAS APPROVED IT
346. Other issuesVKSEXISTING ALLOCATION UN-DER VIDAYALAY KALAYAN SAMITI (VKS)FOLLOWING MODIFICATIONS HAVE BEEN PROPOSED:- PROPOSAL IN PIPELINE:ENHANCEMENT OF VKS FUNDS TO RS. 7 LAKHS PER SCHOOL FROM RS. 4 LAKH SEPARATE ALLOCATION OF Rs. 1.5 LAKHS FOR SECOND SHIFT SCHOOL.Sl. NoItemAmount(Rs)1.Maintenance works minor civil, electrical, horticulture works etc.Rs.1,50,000/-2.Replacement/repair/purchase of Dual Desks.Rs.50,000/-3.Initiatives under BaLARs.2,00,000/-TOTALRs. 4 LAKHS
356. CONCLUDING POINTSUnprecedented promotions have been done in the last one yearFill the vacancies of principals and vice principalsprincipals and vice principals - kingpin of DOEA good HoS totally transforms the schoolDuring inspections seen some of HoS whose performance was badAbout 250 schools are there whose results are less than 87%Poor performance =professional unfit …………..no re-employmentFace of DOE in public- polite, above par & understandingGood performance by HoS – reduces court cases of delayed pension, MACPMake best use of this special trainingAll the best