Presentation on theme: "Procurement Forum February 9, 2012. Objectives Provide a forum for learning and knowledge sharing Increase interaction between OSP & the agencies Improve."— Presentation transcript:
What is ABEL? A sourcing tool for use during emergencies
Vendors willing to provide services during an Emergency Activation Period Primary & Secondary Contact Information (Phone, Cell #, Fax, Email, etc.) Business Location Available Commodities/Services Regions of State Service can be provided How quickly services can be provided Business License # Insurance Carrier Federal ID AASIS Vendor # Minority Business Certification Number
Does Not Guarantee a Contract Providing an emergency listing of your business commodity does not establish a contract for purchasing through the State of Arkansas. This listing is a reference to pull immediate and necessary items required when operating on a daily regular purchasing requirement basis.
Who Can Access The Information? Arkansas Department of Emergency Management Office of State Procurement –Judy Shirley firstname.lastname@example.org@dfa.arkanas.gov –Kelley Kelley email@example.com@dfa.arkansas.gov
Can you have access? YES. You CAN have copies of reports NO. You CANNOT have access to the database.
How can you help? This will be a great sourcing and reference tool, so please encourage your vendors to complete the registration form for ABEL.
Transparency Contract Cleanup: Contract validity date Contract total amounts Contract header values (PCS) Contract line item values Material group assignments Contract or PO must reflect output Material numbers
AASIS Information Tying purchase orders to outline agreements
Creating a Purchase Order Referencing Another Document ME21N – Create Purchase Order
Creating a Purchase Order Referencing Another Document Click Document Overview
Creating a Purchase Order Referencing Another Document Select the type of document you wish to reference. Select Contracts for Agency Outline Agreements or State Contracts
Creating a Purchase Order Referencing Another Document 1. Enter document number you wish to reference 2. Click Execute
Creating a Purchase Order Referencing Another Document 1.Select the item(s) you wish to include in your purchase order 2. Click Adopt icon or drag & drop into the shopping cart
Creating a Purchase Order Referencing Another Document ** If State Contract ** 1.Go to the communication tab 2.Type in the state contract number in the Your Reference field ** If State Contract ** 1.Go to the communication tab 2.Type in the state contract number in the Your Reference field
Creating a Purchase Order Referencing Another Document Enter Account Assignment Category
Creating a Purchase Order Referencing Another Document Enter Account Assignment Category
Creating a Purchase Order Referencing Another Document 1.Enter the Delivery Address code for the address for goods delivery. Please Note: All State Contracts will have this delivery address Please Note: All State Contracts will have this delivery address 2. Click YES to have all items delivered to the same address. 3.Repeat process for each line item.
Creating a Purchase Order Referencing Another Document Click Check icon to verify no errors exist.
Creating a Purchase Order Referencing Another Document 1. Click Save icon 2.Purchase Order Number
Various ways to send purchase orders or outline agreements from AASIS Transaction ME9F – print/reprint, fax, and email purchase orders Transaction ME9K – print/reprint, fax, and email outline agreements
1. Enter the purchase order number. 2. Leave the processing status at 0 if you are printing for the first time. 3. Execute Print Purchase Order
4. Click in the box to select the line. 5. (Optional) Click the Display Message button to print preview the purchase order. 6. Do not use the Trial Printout button. Print Purchase Order
7. (Optional) Click the Message Details button. Print Purchase Order
9. (Optional) Click the Communication method button. 8. Print output defaults in the Medium field. Leave as is. Print Purchase Order
10. Check your printer. It is best to use a network printer. Network printers are set up by ASC personnel. Call the help desk and they will see that you are contacted by the appropriate person. 11. Click the green arrow back button twice to return to the Message Output screen. Print Purchase Order
12. Click in the box to select the line. 13. Click the Output Message button to print the purchase order. Print Purchase Order
14. You will receive this message if you have an authorized signature scanned into AASIS. Click the Yes button to add a signature to the purchase order. If you want to add a signature to AASIS call the help desk @ 683-2255 and they will connect you to the right person. Print Purchase Order
15. You will receive this message if you have documents attached to the purchase order. Click the Yes button to print the attachments. Print Purchase Order
15. For each document you wish to print, click in the box to the left of the document. Click enter to print the purchase order and the selected document(s).
16. A green check indicates that the purchase order successfully printed. Print Purchase Order
1. Enter the purchase order number in the document number field. 2. Leave 0 in the Processing Status field for first time processing. 3. Execute Emailing a Purchase Order
4. As with printing the purchase order you can click the box to select the line. (Optional) Click the Display Message to print preview the document. 5. Click on the Message Details button to continue. Emailing a Purchase Order
6. Change the Medium to External send to email the purchase order. 7. Save your change. Emailing a Purchase Order
9. Click the box to select. Click the Output Message button. 8. You will receive a message Messages saved. Emailing a Purchase Order
10. Click the Yes button to include any attachments. Emailing a Purchase Order
11. Click the box to select the documents to include in the email and press enter. Emailing a Purchase Order
12. Click the Yes button to include the authorized signature. Emailing a Purchase Order
13. The vendors email address defaults from the vendor master record. Emailing a Purchase Order
14. You can change the email address. For example you can mail it to yourself, add a message to the email and send it on to the vendor. Press enter. Emailing a Purchase Order
15. The green checkmark shows the status as emailed successfully. 16. You will receive a message at the bottom of your screen. Emailing a Purchase Order
1. Enter the purchase order number in the document number field. 2. Leave 0 in the Processing Status field for first time processing. 3. Execute Faxing a Purchase Order
4. Click the box to select the line and click the Message Details button. Faxing a Purchase Order
5. Change the Medium to Fax. Faxing a Purchase Order
6. Click the gray box to select the line and click the Communication method button. Faxing a Purchase Order
9. Select Release after output and Print immediately. Enter or click the Copy button to continue. 8. From the Requested Status field and the Status By Mail field select Always from the dropdown menus. 7. Type the fax number in the fax number field. Faxing a Purchase Order
10. Click the Save button. Faxing a Purchase Order
11. You will receive a message that your messages saved 12. Select the line and click the Output Message button. Faxing a Purchase Order
12. Verify the fax number. Enter. Faxing a Purchase Order
13. Click Yes to fax any attachments to the purchase order. Faxing a Purchase Order
14. Select the attachments to fax. Enter Faxing a Purchase Order
15. Click Yes to include the authorized signature. Enter Faxing a Purchase Order
As an AASIS user, you have been given access to transaction code SOSB in AASIS (Transmission Requests). This transaction allows you to see all of your successful and unsuccessful AASIS transmissions. 16. You will receive a green checkmark if the fax was sent successfully. A red X means that the fax did not process correctly. Faxing a Purchase Order
< Enter transaction SOSB in the Command field. Viewing Your AASIS Transmissions
<1.Enter the send date or date range in the Send date fields. Click on the Send status tab. Viewing Your AASIS Transmissions
2. To view all transmission options, click all four boxes: Waiting, Errors, Sent, and Transmitted. Click the Execute button. Viewing Your AASIS Transmissions
The results are displayed: The red bomb in the Status column indicates the transmission failed (errors) The green box indicates it transmitted successfully A yellow triangle indicates it is waiting for communications service A gray diamond means it was sent to the communications system but hasnt finished transmitting Click the Refresh button to view the up-to-the minute data.
3.To view the status description of each line item, click the Status text button. Viewing Your AASIS Transmissions
4.The Status txt column listing the description of the status is added. Viewing Your AASIS Transmissions
5. To view the details of a transaction, first click the box to the left of the line to highlight it, and then click the Details button. Viewing Your AASIS Transmissions
6. The details of the transaction is displayed. 7. Enter to continue. Viewing Your AASIS Transmissions
8. Click the box to the left of the line to select it, and then click the Repeat Send button. To Re-Send a Document
9. At the Repeat send screen, click the radio button to the left of Change recipients before sending. Enter to continue. To Re-Send a Document
10.To change the fax number, make changes to the recipient fax number; the number should be preceded by the US indicator. Click the Expr. Mail checkbox. Enter, then click the send button. To Re-Send a Document
11.You should receive a message in the status bar saying the document was sent. NOTE: Fax transmissions may take several minutes to complete, depending upon the communication line activity levels and the document size. To Re-Send a Document
We recognize that the Purchase Requisition and Purchase Order transactions are difficult. Due to the Arkansas Transparency Project (Act 303 of 2011), you will be required to use these transactions. We are creating a simplified versions of the Purchase Requisition (ME51N) and Purchase Order (ME21N).
Our approach The current PR and PO are complicated transactions that take a lot of time. Sometimes, like using the IRS 1040 tax forms, it is necessary to take the time and use the more complicated forms. Complicated purchases will require the more complicated features in AASIS.
This means that the old way isnt going anywhere! But …..
Our approach The majority of our purchases are routine and not overly complicated. Just like the IRS created the 1040- EZ form as an option, we are creating simple versions of the PR and PO.
You will have one button to choose whether to use current version or the simplified version: Our approach
Simplified PR Highlights If you have customized this table, your choices will default You must choose or create a valid Delivery Address
Simplified PR Highlights Simplified Tab View displays information from Valuation Tab and Delivery Address Tab on one screen. Account Assignment Codes are selected by push buttons. Screen elements from Delivery Address tab
Simplified PR Highlights New Descriptions displayed for the following fields: G/L Account Cost Center WBS Element
Simplified PO Highlights Simplified Tab View displays Organizational Data, Vendor Address, Partner, Additional Data, and Delivery/Invoice
Simplified PO Highlights Our Reference Field available by look-up button… …or manually enter the data and receive an appropriate error message.
Simplified PO Highlights Notice the Button which will give you full descriptions of each Reference Value
Simplified PO Highlights Minority purchases can be documented with one click.
Simplified PO Highlights The Item Detail tab is simplified, giving a consistent look and feel to the Item Detail tab on the Simplified PR.
Simplified PO Highlights Added New Description for the following fields: G/L Account Cost Center WBS Element
How did we get here? We studied the existing ME21N and ME51N to determine: –Current errors –Excessive mouse clicks –Usage patterns We engaged with OSP and several representative user agencies for advice.
Whats next? We will complete design by end of March New functionality will be thoroughly tested New screens will be added to existing training What Changed training will be offered to seasoned users The screens will be deployed on a rolling basis (The agencies that assisted with design will get to start first) You will have the choice to use the new style or the old style.