Presentation on theme: "Family Projects Compose a definition of success for you and/or your family made up entirely of Scripture. Success for me/us is…. Compose a doctrinal statement."— Presentation transcript:
Family Projects Compose a definition of success for you and/or your family made up entirely of Scripture. Success for me/us is…. Compose a doctrinal statement of Scriptures that you and your family will not compromise. Start memorizing a chapter of the Bible. Think of ways to minister to other people. Purpose to know and share the Gospel.
TEN WAYS TO RECOGNIZE TRUE LOVE Dr.Jobe Martin Biblical Discipleship Ministries
Luke 2:52: And Jesus kept increasing in wisdom, and stature, and in favor with God and men. 1) True love involves an enthusiastic response to the total self of the one who is loved. You dont fall in love you wait for love. You dont fall in love with a bodyyou learn to love a person (marry a body and it will grow old and wrinkled---it is the character wrapped up in the body that is important.)
2) True love has a quality of self- giving. Your strongest desire is to enrich the loved one, not to exploit. If you enter marriage with your strongest desire to completely satisfy your mate and vice-versa, and you are both sold out to satisfying the Lord Jesus, then you have the ingredients for a successful Christian marriage=total commitment to God and each other.
3) True Love always embraces real responsibility to the one loved. What qualities are you looking for in another person? What qualities do you most admire? How many of these qualities are true of you?
4) True love is marked by real joy in the presence of the one loved. It does not irritate you when they are around. There is true sorrow or loneliness when separated.
5) True love involves mutual enjoyment of each others company The physical expression is not constantly necessary. There should be more to share than just a body. If you would take all the physical expression out of your relationship, what would you have left?
6) True love tends to be protective of the one loved. 7) True love tends to build each other up. 8) True love has a feeling of belongingness, you want to share all. 9) True love generates feelings of pleasure as well as reverence. 10) True love always keeps growing and maturing. I Corinthians 13
COMMITMENT TO COMMUNICATION TWO KEYS: 1) The key to love opens the door to communication in an active sense. I Corinthians 13:4-7 The key of blessing opens the door to communication in a reactive sense. I Peter 3:9
Explanation of Biblical Love 1) Love suffers long = the kind of love that waits and prays for the reformation of your mate rather than striking out in resentment at his or her conduct. 2) Love is kind = it responds with a blessing when insulted and seizes on opportunities to demonstrate tenderness. 3) Love envies not = no competitive spirit between loved ones.
4) Love vaunts not itself = never brag about your strength to magnify your mates weaknesses. 5) Love is not proud = no superspirituality. 6) Love does not behave unseemly = love has good manners. 7) Love is not selfish = it always seeks the best interests of the other. 8) Love is not easily provoked = a weakness or offense in your loved one should not cause you to be bitter or angry, if it does, you are not loving.
9) Love thinks no evil = cast all your mates offenses into the sea and put up a no-fishing sign. Get rid of your mental filing system.