Portugal has as capital Lisbon where is a wide range of important monuments and sites: such as Marquês De Pombal, Padrão Dos Descobrimentos, Aqueduto Das Águas Livres, Fortaleza De Sagres, Estação Do Rossio, Castelo De São Jorge, Torre Dos Clérigos, Serra Da Estrela, Mosteiro Dos Jerónimos, Torre De Belém, Palácio Da Pena, Pico, Palácio Nacional Da Ajuda, Panteão Nacional, Palácio Nacional De Queluz, Centro Cultural De Belém, Castelo De Cinco Quinas, Furnas Dos Açores, Piódão, Castelo De Palmela, Cristo Rei, Templo De Diana, Fátima, Salinas De Aveiro, Mosteiro Da Batalha and Universidade De Coimbra. Portugal is famous because we have beautiful beaches so its wonderful for tourism at Algarve.
Marquês De Pombal The Marquês de Pombal Square is located between Avenida Liberdade and Eduardo VII Park. In the center stands the monument to the Marquis of Pombal, opened in 1934
Padrão Dos Descobrimentos Castelo De Cinco Quinas The Castle Sabugal, also known as Castle of the Five Quinas due to the unusual shape of its tower, located in the city, and in the district of Guarda, Portugal. Castle Five corners There is only one in Portugal Riverside is on the Coa In the village of Sambucus The Monument to the Discoveries, popularly known as the Discoveries Monument, located in Belem, the town and district of Lisbon, Portugal
The Cristo Rei Is one of the ex-libris of Lisbon. The idea of its construction began in September 1934, after the Patriarch of Lisbon to visit the monument erected to the top of Corcovado Christ on the Rio de Janeiro. The Aqueduto das águas Livres The Aqueduct is a complex collection system, water supply and distribution of water to the city of Lisbon, Portugal
The Belém Tower Is one of the most impressive monuments Considered by many the ex libris of Porto, this bell tower is part of the church of the same name, built between 1754 and 1763 Torre dos Clérigos
Located in the historic town of Sintra is one of the best architectural expressions of Romanticism in nineteenth- century world Palácio da Pena, Sintra The Jeronimos Monastery is a monastery Manueline monumental testimony of the richness of the Portuguese Discoveries Mosteiro dos Jerónimos
The Santuário of Fatima, located in the Cova da Iria, Fatima (Portugal), is one of the most important shrines in the world. The Monastery of Our Lady of Victory (also known as the Batalha Monastery is located in Batalha, Portugal, and was built by D. John I, as a thanksgiving to the Virgin Mary for the victory at the Battle of Aljubarrota Mosteiro da Batalha
PIODÃO The architectural form of the settlement of a protected historic villages. Indeed, he received in the 1980s, the rooster silver medal awarded to "the most typical village in Portugal."
Furnas – Açores Boilers, boasting its geysers of boiling water, with the famous medicinal mud, or even a Thermal Station Park, one of the most beautiful gardens of the eighteenth century. Pico Island Is the second largest island in the Azores Islands in the North Atlantic. It is of volcanic origin
Serra da Estrela Serra da Estrela is the name given to the Sierra mountain range and where the highest elevation of Portugal
Places where the salt withdrawn for the population Salinas de Aveiro Universidade de Coimbra The University of Coimbra (UC), based in the city of Coimbra is the oldest university in Portugal
Fortaleza de Sagres The symbol of Discoveries, The Fortress of Sagres is intrinsically linked Ã figure of Prince Henry, who had built a fortified village. To function as a safe haven and defend him to Port Shelter river, the most important point of connections between the Atlantic and the Mediterranean and the fortified heraquian Prince Henry remained XVII seterye, added two bastions of the reign of King Sebastian. Estação do Rossio Designed in 1886-87 by the Architect. José Luis Monteiro, the building of the railway station Rossi characterized by a combination of iron and glass structure on the pier (as in their European counterparts), using a vocabulary of neo-Manueline in the reception area of passageiros.A use this kind of language within a functional nature, ennobles it, turning it into a terminal station of great impact, able to mark the city for its scenic grandeur
Castelo de S. Jorge The legendary castle conquered by the troops of King Afonso Henriques in 1147 is not one that we see today. Over the centuries the fortress was successively embellished, and even run the risk of disappearance by the end of the century. XIX. The current structure, although some portions medieval keep, is the result of an inventive restoration executed in the first decades of the century. XX. Inside the enclosure, stands out castelejo, square-shaped building, 50 meters away, protected by 10 towers, of which one-to-Ulysses, defending the main gate
Palácio Nacional da Ajuda Built in the Alto da Ajuda, from 1796, the Palace has replaced the former royal residence, the Royal Tent, a wooden building that D. Joseph had sent up after the earthquake of 1755 that burned in 1794. The draft document, signed by Manuel Caetano de Sousa, was severely criticized by those who replaced him and impressed the whole a neoclassical strand - Costa e Silva and Francisco Xavier Fabri. Work on the new Palace went on during the nineteenth century, a process that reflected a very troubled economic complex of the country, which is why the building was never completed.
Mosteiro de Alcobaça The Monastery of Santa Maria de Alcobaça is part of Heritage. According to legend, the Abbey was the result of a promise made by D. Afonso Henriques to his cousin St Bernard. It was during the conquest of Santarem. This monastery was founded in 1153, its construction lasted several centuries. The first Cistercian style church, was replaced by the second that followed the influences of Clairvaux. Your front porch of the current date of 1702, Baroque, replaced the original Gothic, remains "just having its grand opening round.
Palácio Nacional de Queluz Considered the most elegant royal residence of parents, the National Palace of Queluz began as a recreational farm outside the capital. After the wedding of Prince With the future Peter D. Mary I became an emblematic place, the scene of demonstrations and entertaining performances that characterized the court. The whole breathes a festive and rococo language, which is due to the French architect Jean Baptiste Robillon, successor Mateus Vicente de Oliveira in the direction of the works. This refinement is visible both in the interiors, with an exuberant decoration reflected in gilt and mirrors, in marbled or crystal chandeliers, or abroad, where they multiply the spaces of leisure.
Centro Cultural de Belém Results of a public tender to create a unique equipment to build the flagship site of Bethlehem, the CCB is the result of the winning project, signed by architects Vittorio Gregotti and Manuel Salgado. Deploying to the east of the Square and the Empire has built three of the five modules designed: the Conference Centre, the Entertainment Centre and Exhibition Centre. The rationale for the use of space, the volume and articulation of the modules, the horizontal cut to the rock face, a lively contrast of light and soft colors, marble terraces that open onto the river in hanging gardens, are elements that will invite enjoyment of a unique space in contemporary Portuguese architectural heritage, whether they love or hate him.
Castelo de Palmela The Roman occupation of the fortified area of Palmela dates back to the Roman period and continued uninterrupted throughout history. In the Islamic era, the earliest evidence dating to the eighth century and two centuries later, the fortress was expanded westward, occupying nearly the entire top of the hill. Under Portuguese rule, was the headquarters of the Order of Santiago and subjected to various reforms, especially those made in the Gothic era, when it was built monumental donjon which protects the main entrance. Later is the church of St. James Castle and current dependencies of the Inn, built on the ruins of the palace of the Order.
The Roman Temple of Évora Is located in the city of Evora in Portugal, is part of the historic city center and is World Heritage