Presentation on theme: "Passive Voice Luciane Miyuki. Clues about Passive Voice O sujeito sofre a ação do verbo.O sujeito sofre a ação do verbo. O verbo to be será usado no tempo."— Presentation transcript:
Passive Voice Luciane Miyuki
Clues about Passive Voice O sujeito sofre a ação do verbo.O sujeito sofre a ação do verbo. O verbo to be será usado no tempo verbal do verbo principal na voz ativa.O verbo to be será usado no tempo verbal do verbo principal na voz ativa. O verbo principal assume sua forma do particípio passado.O verbo principal assume sua forma do particípio passado. Se o sujeito for nobody ou no one, a voz passiva será negativa.Se o sujeito for nobody ou no one, a voz passiva será negativa. TO BE + PAST PARTICIPLE.TO BE + PAST PARTICIPLE.
Voz Ativa X Voz Passiva Ganso, Robinho, Neymar and Pato remake the Brazilian magic square of 2006 World Cup. The Brazilian magic square of 2006 World Cup is remaked by Ganso, Robinho, Neymar and Pato.
Monaco celebrates Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock's wedding gala. Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock's wedding gala is celebrated by Monaco.
A veterinary student abandons his studies after his parents are killed and joins a traveling circus as their vet.
Voz AtivaVoz Passiva Present TenseGruen writes the book.The book is written by her. Present ContinuousGruen is writing the book.The book is being written by her. Past TenseGruen wrote the book.The book was written by her. Present PerfectGruen has written the book.The book has been written by her. Past PerfectGruen had written the book.The book had been written by her. Future TenseGruen will write the book.The book will be written by her. Going to – FutureGruen is going to write the book.The book is going to be written by her. Conditional TenseGruen would write the book.The book would be written by her. Modals VerbsGruen can may write the book. must should The book can may be written… must should
James Cameron produced Avatar 3D. The mobile phones technology has changed the humans communication. Future scientists will create solar houses.
01. Professional athletes _________________ some of the highest salaries in the world. a. pay b. are paid c. paid d. are paying e. have paid
02. The passive form of: That fellow is typing my letter is: a. My letter is being typing by that fellow. b. My letter typed by that fellow. c. My letter is being typed by that fellow. d. My letter was being typed by that fellow. e. My letter was being typing by that fellow.
03. This sentence is in the Passive Voice: Women are warned by doctors. The Active Voice is: a. Women warn doctors. b. Doctors are warned by women. c. Doctors warned women. d. Women are being warned. e. Doctors warn women.
04. The passive form of Nobody beat the record of this race is: a. The record of this race wasnt beaten. b. The record of this race was beat by nobody. c. The record of this race was beaten by nobody. d. Nobody is beat by record of this race. e. Nobody was beat the record of this race.
05. Which the alternatives are in the passive voice: 01) Dogs are considered mans best friends. 02) Some animals eat a lot of meat. 03) Lions are wild animals. 04) The tiger is found in some parts of the African Continent. 05) Plants are sometimes destroyed by different kinds of insects.
06. Problems of famine, pollution, resources and arms control were discussed by the principal. The active voice verb for this sentence is: a. was discussed b. will discussed c. discussed d. is discussed e. discuss
Analise o tempo do verbo principal: Lembre-se que a voz passiva é: to be + past participle: Reescreva o quote ao lado na voz passiva:
Se o verbo admitir objeto direto e indireto poderemos ter duas formas de voz passiva. (Verbos como ASK, CALL, GIVE, LEND, SEND, SHOW e TELL) Exemplos: Langara has sent him many ideas. He has been sent many ideas by Langara. Many ideas have been sent to him by Langara.
No texto abaixo há sentenças na Passive Voice? Se sim, quais são e se não como ficará?