Presentation on theme: "Chapter 6.1 & 6.2 Quiz Greek Art of the Golden Age & Philosophers and Writers of the Golden Age."— Presentation transcript:
1Chapter 6.1 & 6.2 QuizGreek Art of the Golden Age & Philosophers and Writers of the Golden Age
21. Which of the following Greek view of themselves was not reflected in Greek art? Greek art glorified human beings and symbolized pride in the city-state.Greek art expressed a belief in harmony, balance, order and moderation.Greek art expressed a belief in combining beauty and usefulness.Greek art demonstrated the elevated honor of gods, goddesses, and mythological creatures.
32. Greek painting did all of the following EXCEPT Illustrate scenes from everyday life.Illustrate scenes from mythological events.Use light and shade to show contour and depth.Use scenes of nature to decorate.
43. Knowledge of Greek painting comes from written works and later… Discovered frescoes in Corinth.Roman copies.Pieces reconstructed by archaeologists.Excavated villa decorations.
54. The Parthenon was built Originally as a fortress.As a temple to the patron goddess of Sparta.To honor Athena.Without a roof.
65. The faces and figures of statues usually represented… Peace.Ideal beauty.Famous athletes.The sculptor himself.
76. Greek vases are examples of Greek art combining art and… Painting.Unity with nature.Usefulness.A culture of trading.
87. What does Philosophy mean? The study of nature and the universe.The study of basic questions of reality and human existence.The study of thought and the human mind.The study of logic and reasoning.
98. Socrates taught all of the following EXCEPT… Education was the key to personal growth.Students should be trained to think for themselves.Questions force students to test their own values and ideas.Memorization was the best way to exercise the brain.
109. Aristotle believed that every field of knowledge should be studied… Logically.Theoretically.Chronologically.With severe skepticism.
1110. Pythagoras is to math as Hippocrates is to medicine as Herodotus is to History.Physics.Biology.Theatre.
12Who’s your daddy quiz tomorrow! Know your Greek people!!