Presentation on theme: "Exam Revision 100 Questions Blacksmiths Tongs Long Handled Pliers 1.What is the correct name for this tool? End Cutters Diagonal Cutters Engineers Pliers."— Presentation transcript:
65. What is the correct name for the wood tool shown below? Parting tool Gouge Scraper Skew Chisel
66. What is the correct name for the rivets shown above? Countersunk rivets Snap Head Rivets Pop Rivets
67. Which tool is designed for working in tight areas and cutting fine wire? Engineers Pliers Long Nose Pliers Diagonal CuttersEnd Cutters
68. Which of the following images shows a PianoHinge?
69. Which of the following metals is Ferrous (Contains Iron) Aluminium Copper BrassStainless Steel
70. Which of the following metals is an Alloy Aluminium Copper Brass Lead
71. Which of the following woodscrews will Rust if exposed to the rain Steel BrassStainless Steel
Line Weight 72. Which of the following terms would not be classed as Aesthetic? Form Shape Proportion Size Colour
Centre Punches Parallel Punches Letter Punches 73. What is the correct name for these tools? Nail Punches
Steel Brass Aluminium 74. What is Brazing Rod made from? Copper
75. Which of the following planes would be used to level off the base of a through housing joint.
76. Letter stamps can be used to stamp letters on which of the following? High Speed Steel Aluminium Acrylic Perspex
77. What is the correct name for the joint shown above Bridle Joint Cross halving Joint Rebate Joint Mortise and Tenon joint Dovetail Joint Through Housing Joint Dowel Joint
78. What is the correct name for the process used to coat the handle of the trowel with plastic? Galvanizing Anodising Painting Plastic dip coating
The Toolmakers clamp can be used to hold small pieces of work while it is being brazed The Toolmakers clamp can be used to hold small pieces of work while working on them 79. What are Toolmakers clamps used for? The Toolmakers clamp can be used to hold small pieces of work while it is being welded
Repousse Hammer Pillar Drill Parallel Punch Centre Punch 80. Which tool could be used to create this dimpled pattern on the back of this drawer handle? Cross Pein Hammer
81. Which of the following tools would be used to cut 0.5mm thick Copper Sheet? A Panel Saw A Coping SawTin Snips Engineers Pliers
82. Which metalwork technique is illustrated in the pictures below Drilling Facing Tapering Knurling
83. What is the correct name for the process shown below Brazing Forging Welding Casting Turning
98. What is the correct name for the material shown on the left? Pine Blockboard MDF Hardboard Chipboard Veneered Chipboard Mahogany Plywood
It takes time to adjust the spanner to the correct size. The adjustable Spanner has a tendency to round the corners of the nut or bolt. 99. What is the main disadvantage to using an adjustable spanner Adjustable spanners are bigger than ordinary spanners.