Presentation on theme: "is the happy, peaceful place."— Presentation transcript:
1is the happy, peaceful place. Place Happy People Find Peace(Taken from Marc and Spencer)“Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.”–BuddhaSomewhere between thelove in your heartandthoughts in your mindis the happy, peaceful place.
21. The Foundation of Acceptance Life is a series of continuous natural events and changes. Don’t resist them; doing so only creates unnecessary stress. Let the reality of these events and changes take place. Let them flow. Or as Henry Wadsworth once said, “For after all, the best thing one can do when it is raining is let it rain.”Acceptance is letting go and allowing things to be the way they truly are. It doesn’t mean you don’t care about improving the realities of life; it’s just realizing that the only thing you really have control over is yourself. This simple understanding is the foundation of acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be peace and growth.
32. A Sincere Inner SpaceYou have your own way. For you, this way of living is the absolute right way. Honor it.One of the most influential sources of peace is simply being comfortable with who you really are. Not trading your reality for a role, or your truth for an act. Not giving up your freedom of thought. Not putting on a mask.There cannot be peace in your external life until you are at peace within yourself, being yourself. It won’t always be easy, but no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning your inner spirit. Read The Untethered Soul.
43. The Mindset of Forgiveness When someone has hurt you, it’s hard to be peaceful. But you do it anyway because you know peace is the only battle worth waging. Peace is beautiful; it is the manifestation of your love, and the best resolution for a brighter future.Being peaceful is hard sometimes; much harder than being angry and vengeful. It requires you to stay calm and let go of the pain. It requires you to forgive and move on. Of course, you don’t do these things just for the person who has hurt you, but for your own wellbeing.
54. The Land of Appreciation If you believe you would finally be happy if you had twice the amount of the things you already have – time, money, friends, cars, snazzy dress shoes, etc. – you would be sadly mistaken. Because if you aren’t happy with what you have, you won’t be any happier when what you have is doubled.As Socrates once said, “Contentment is natural wealth, luxury is artificial poverty.” Do not waste all your happiness by overlooking everything you have for everything you wish you had. If you do, you will never have enough. Instead, appreciate the goodness that is already yours, and you will instantly find a lot more to smile about. Read The Happiness Project.
65. Moments of Purposeful Solitude You need to pause at least once a day and spend a few moments breathing silently. Use these moments to think and consciously separate the past from the present and future. Responsibilities, obligations, unfinished business, family and friends can all survive without you while you take these moments for yourself.You deserve this time away. You deserve to think peacefully, free from external pressure. No problems to solve, hands to shake, or people to please. Sometimes you need to make time for yourself, away from the busy world you live in that doesn’t make time for you.
76. A Mutually Loving Relationship When you love someone you understand them. You don’t necessarily understand exactly what they’re thinking, but you understand why. And they understand the same about you. This shared understanding is precious because where human beings are understood they are at ease.Understanding nourishes emotional comfort and belonging. When those you love truly feel understood, they feel free to release themselves into the trust and shelter of your inner spirit and soul, which is where the real connection is made and true peace is found for the both of you.
87. A Passionate EndeavorPassion is powerful. It rests deep within you and passively drives your feelings, choices, and courses of actions. It can’t be ignored, and it shouldn’t be ignored.Your passion will become the sole source of your greatest achievements and your finest moments. The fevering excitement of love. The joy of work that moves you. The clarity of your purpose. The ecstasy of letting go and being one with the present moment. This is what passion does to you. Without it there is no peace of mind, just a hollow existence of unfulfilled dreams – a lifetime left unlived. Read 1,000 Little Things.
98. The Muscle of Positive Action In life, you get what you put in. Every moment of your life is dynamic, responding exclusively to your inputs. When you put a positive, productive effort into it you will receive a useful outcome from it. This is the greatest power you possess – the power you have over your own choices and actions. Instead of attempting to gain power over others and external situations, exercise the unlimited power you already have over yourself.Forget about the past, the future, and where others are in their journey. Put your mind at ease. Put the worrying and complaining to rest. Focus on your living, breathing, present self. What can you do right now to make a difference? Get positive, get productive, and get busy putting the possibilities of this moment to the test.