Presentation on theme: "How to Write a Winning Business Plan By: Jessica, Melanie and Mehr."— Presentation transcript:
How to Write a Winning Business Plan By: Jessica, Melanie and Mehr
Todays Workshop Small Introduction Break up into groups Presentations
The Business Plan A formal document outlining the foundations, strategies and goals of a business or organization Used to demonstrate why these plans and goals are attainable both financially and strategically Includes background information and company structure Split up into several sections
1. The Executive Summary Most important part Should touch on all other aspects of the plan in a summarized, brief and effective manner Contains an overview, descriptions, and main conclusions regarding the key points of the business Should be tailored to prospective audience
2. Business/Team Summary Description of team History Governance and Structure Past Achievements
3. Product/Robot Description Detailed description of product or service sold by the business Benefits and ability of product to satisfy needs Product Life Cycle Research and Development
4. Market Analysis Description of industry and target market Size, Characteristics, Trends Market Research Surveys, Correlational Studies, Interviews Competition
5. Strategy and Implementation Summary Competitive Edge Differentiation Techniques Growth Strategy How will your business grow? Marketing Strategy How will you promote your business?
6. Financial Information Section should prove why fore-mentioned goals are attainable financially Historical Financial Data Current Balance Sheet, Income Statement Prospective Financial Details
Remember… Use professional and concise language Dont be afraid to show-off Include lots of visuals – graphs, pictures Have fun and be creative!
Activity Split into groups Create an innovative robot that helps around the house Pretend you are a start-up business and write a 2-page (max) outline of a business plan for your innovation Present your business plan and idea to the judges!
Judging Criteria Presentation Quality of Business Plan Feasibility of product