Presentation on theme: "Bank is a company that collects society fund or deposit and distributes to society using bank loan and or other form in order to increase people life."— Presentation transcript:
Bank is a company that collects society fund or deposit and distributes to society using bank loan and or other form in order to increase people life style
Function of Bank 1. Bank as an organization to raise fund: - Bank receive money and other fund from society - In other words, bank raises money from the third party -Kinds of funds : Savings Timed deposit, or demand deposit (demand deposit).
2. Bank as a lender Bank loans the fund to society, both for developmental effort or consumption.
3. Bank as a service provider - Covering service in paying mechanism (fund transfers) -Facilitating foreign trading finance -Storing high-value goods -and trust services (for example: bank functions as a fund governance or corporate related with publication and redemption of stock and obligation)
1. Public Bank - The bank which can give service in paying traffic - In term fund raising, particularly recieves deposit in the form of demand deposit, time deposit, certificate of deposit, savings and or other forms - Types of bank organization: private companies; corporations; government corporations
2.Bank Perkreditan Rakyat (BPR) -Bank that recieves deposit such as timed deposit, saving and the other similar forms -Distributes fund to society in credit form -BPR is not allowed for traffic paying (clearing activity) -Types of bank organization: private company; government corporation; a cooperation society
Fund that is paid by stockholders Retained earning
Society deposit as: savings, deposit or demand deposit Margin deposit, means : income of service that served by bank to society for example : opening Letter of Credit (L/C), leasing safe deposit box, etc.
Fund that is loaned by other financial institution from the bank such as: -Short-range loan (come from money market) -Long-term borrowing (come from off-shore loan)
- Fund that is operated to be used by society, or - By bank itself as an investment (earning assets or non earning assets)
Earning Assets Unsecured service (loan or credit) Buying marketable securities Non Earning Assets Buying constant asset and inventories Laid up minimum liquidity (primary reserve)
Bank Supporter Institute 1. Clearing's promoter institute smoothening paying giral traffic (lalu lintas giral) 2. Interbank Call Money Market emphasized on accomplishing the need of bank fund 3. Insurance Institute giving insurance on loan surety 4. Leasing Institute this institutions prepare capital assets
A.Cash and cash vault (Khazanah) definition : 1.Cash is cartal money (bank note and also coin) saved in bank cash vault Cash vault is a special room to save cash money, foreign currency, securities, etc.
2.Cash Current -receipts money money on bank cash, crescent, come from : * saving cash at teller counter * cash withdrawing from Bank Indonesia * cash depositing from other branches.
- Reducing of cash balance, dwindling because of : * Cash withdrawing from teller counter * Cash depositing to Bank Indonesia * Other branch office withdrawing cash
3.Cash Secure for example using: - cash vault secure (khazanah), as: * combination key * two exclusive keys owned by two officials during man hour
* door shall be closed * free of inflammable goods * people may not left alone at this room * provided with firing extinguishing equipment * alarm and emergency-lighting
-Cover Note Cash in safe Assurance of loss from saved money loss in cash vault, ATM machine, and money exists at counter during operational and also non-operational hours
Cash in Transit lose money because robbery or another depravity, during trip (from/to BI, from/to branch interoffice, from/to ATM machine)
-Other secure efforts Route and time of trip (from/to BI, from/to branch interoffice, from/ to ATM machine) shall vary, at police guard, etc
B.Exchange Rate 1.Definition price a currency to another currency
2. Exchange Rate Type a.Transaction exchange rate used upon customer, buying/ selling foreign exchange (exchange rate TT, exchange rate B/N, exchange rate TC)
b.Taxes Rate utilized to count rupiah point of taxes taken up by valas transactions
c. Selling/buying rate foreign exchange branch used to buy/sell valas among branch office with Central Office, transferred by Central Office to branch everyday coincide withtransactions exchange rate
C.Clearing 1.Background : - each bank has clients -one banks clients does ransactions with the other bank client. - transactions among client were not done in cash, for example by use of cheque, bilyet is demand deposit, transfer, documentary bill
3.Clearing Participation differentiated as two, which are: -direct participant branch office enrolls at clearing institute, usually main branch office -indirect participant branch office follows direct participant (usually assistants branch office)
4. Clearing Institute usually Bank Indonesia at that city; if no isnt possible, Bank Indonesia commands a government bank as clearing institute