Presentation is loading. Please wait.

Presentation is loading. Please wait.

WELCOME TO BIOLOGY OF AGRISCIENCE In addition to learning Biology we hope you will learn very quickly that Agriculture is only 2% farming- that leaves.

Similar presentations


Presentation on theme: "WELCOME TO BIOLOGY OF AGRISCIENCE In addition to learning Biology we hope you will learn very quickly that Agriculture is only 2% farming- that leaves."— Presentation transcript:

1 WELCOME TO BIOLOGY OF AGRISCIENCE In addition to learning Biology we hope you will learn very quickly that Agriculture is only 2% farming- that leaves 98% for other career opportunities!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 YOUR TEACHERS: MR. DOLCI & MR. DANNUCCI (Dont call us Mr. D. We wont know to whom you are talking) TWO IMPORTANT WEBSITES TO WRITE DOWN, CHECK OUT, AND REMEMBER: (for all online quizzes) (for notes, assignments, study guides, games, pics, and Power Points)

3 Some of those other jobs we were talking about …

4 GRADING POLICY: Grades will be given for all Homework Class work Quizzes (online and in class)- each online quiz will be assigned for at least 5 days and can be taken twice. Only the highest grade will be entered. Students can use notes, Google, etc. to get the best possible score on online quizzes. Quizzes are only active through midnight of the expiration date listed. Lab assignments (continued)

5 Written tests- We try to give 5-7 days notice before each test. Try studying those extra nights. And, let us know if there is something you dont understand or didnt get in your notes Make sure your notes are accurate and up to date extra credit is not given at the end of the marking periods but we will add bonus points at the end of the marking period if student earns 90 or better on any written test after the first test of the marking period. The bonus points will only be applied to the preceding test in the same marking period. 10 bonus points will be added to the preceding test if the score was 65 or better. If the prior test was below 65 (even a 0) the bonus points will be applied to bring up the score of the previous test to 75%. If the previous test was 100 then it too would be bumped up 10 points and the 100 is changed to 110- this method of earning extra credit is always available and if you care about improving your grade you should try to do your best on each new test.

6 Preparation and participation - this is determined at end of each marking period dependant bringing notebook and writing utensil to class every day and reviewing materials prior to coming to class to better participate in discussions and reviews. This also includes turning in all assignments (even online quizzes) on time. SO, IT IS VERY HARD TO FAIL THIS CLASS IF YOU MAKE AN EFFORT This Power Point is available on Your parents will be referred to this Power Point if they contact us regarding how to improve your grade

7 A few more of those jobs we were talking about

8 RULES – WE HAVE SOME AND NEED THEM!!!!!!!!!!! THERE ARE LIVING ANIMALS WE DO NOT WANT ABUSED THERE ARE PLANTS THAT ARE STUDENTS PROJECTS THAT WE DONT WANT DISTURBED THERE ARE EXPENSIVE MATERIALS WE DONT WANT DESTROYED PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL OF EACH OTHER AND ALL PLANTS AND ANIMALS ALSO: No food or drinks in classroom or in greenhouses. It is unsafe and against school policy No cell phones or electronics- use notebook to take written notes Raise hand to speak and do not interrupt other student or teachers ***Nobody's rights should interfere with or diminish anybody elses rights

9 SOME MORE CAREERS TO THINK ABOUT IN AGRICULTURE

10

11

12

13 SO, Welcome to Biology of Agriscience We hope you will find interests with the plants and animals And, we hope you have already learned Agriculture is much more than farming- although that is still an important part of Ag. And, since Biology is the study of life, it all works together so everything taught in Biology has to be taught in this course- and more.


Download ppt "WELCOME TO BIOLOGY OF AGRISCIENCE In addition to learning Biology we hope you will learn very quickly that Agriculture is only 2% farming- that leaves."

Similar presentations


Ads by Google