J&K Economy : Basic Indicators Total Population1.01 crore Area1,01,387 sq kms Density100 per sq km ( 325 ) Per capita IncomeRs 20,190 (Rs 26,000) Population BPL3.48% ( 26.10%) Literacy55.52% ( 64.84%) Unemployment rate :4.21 ( 3.09)
Economic Infrastructure Road Length (Kms/100SqKm)35.71 (104.64) Telephones/100 of population7.76 (13.57) Post offices/Lakh of Population15 (14) Bank offices per 100 SqKm0.85 (2.18) Average population per bank office13000 (16000) Hospital Beds per lakh111 Doctors per lakh48
Basic Facts Incidence of financial exclusion higher than the National average of 59 accounts per 100 adults In J&K only 46 people out of 100 have bank accounts Huge inter-regional variations –Exclusion is more pronounced in Kupwara district at 20 bank accounts per 100 adults –District Jammu has 77 % of urban and 69 % of rural bankable adult population having bank accounts. –Kargil at 87% has the highest percentage of urban adults having bank accounts but the base is very small.
Inter regional variations Bank Branches/Area –Leh: 1 branch per 3000 sq km –Jammu: 1 branch per 15 kms Bank branches /Population –Kupwara: 20,000 people per branch –Leh : 1000 people per branch CD Ratio –Kargil: 11.41% –Srinagar: 81.99% Per Capita Income –Srinagar: Rs 17896 –Kupwara: Rs 9999
Credit gap J&K accounts for 0.70 per cent of national GDP Yet, it absorbs only 0.30 per cent of total national credit Productive sectors of the economy account for less than 5 per cent of the credit disbursed in J&K Comparable national average is 30 per cent J&K accounts for 1 per cent of Indias population Yet it accounts for only less than 0.2 per cent of personal credit disbursed in India
Banking Scenario Rs in crores s BranchesDepositCredit Outstanding Credit Disbursement FY10 CD Ratio J&K Bank 426 (34%) 23090 (60%) 12173 (71%) 2677 (69%) 53 Other Banks 826 (66%) 15150 (40%) 4944 (29%) 1239 (31%) 32 Total12523824017118386644 16
Credit by Sector Rs in Crores SectorTargetsAch.%age AgricultureRs.545Rs.547100% S. EnterprisesRs.759Rs.58577% Micro creditRs.350Rs. 29384% Retail TradeRs. 467Rs 42992% EducationRs. 68Rs. 5175% HousingRs. 112Rs 762678% TotalRs. 2301Rs. 2667116%
Credit Composition: Intentions Vs Reality Targets Achievement
Average Ticket Size: Intentions Vs Reality AgricultureRs.49,000 S. EnterprisesRs.4,12,000 Microcredit1,70,000 R. TradeRs.1,79,000 EducationRs.2,31,000 HousingRs. 3,11,000 Rs 1,05,000 Rs 3,77,000 Rs 2,03,000 Rs. 1,96,000 Rs. 1,79,000 Rs 2,29,000 TargetsActuals
Credit By Region Absolutes and Priority Sector target achievement(%) RegionPriorityNon- Priority Total Kashmir1279 (125%)5141793 Jammu1346 (110%)6602006 Ladakh42 (76%)2567 Total2667 (116%)11993866 Rs in Crores
Sponsored Schemes Credit disbursement through five Major schemes Rs In Crores SGSY56% PMEGP52% JKSES64% SJSRY36% SC/ST19% Total55% Target Achievement
Credit Compositions Excluding J&K bank there are: –Banks: 33 –Branches: 826 –Credit Disbursement: Rs 1239 Crores –Per Branch: Rs 1.5 Cr per year –Credit Deposit Ratio: 32% 26
Credit Scenario: CD Ratio44.76%Needs improvement Priority Sector Credit52.62%Satisfactory Agriculture Credit11.59%Poor Credit to SME18.00%Satisfactory Advances to weaker sections14.63%Satisfactory Credit under DRI0.01%Poor Advances to women5.42%Benchmark is 5% 27
Your consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.