Presentation on theme: "Informant History Culture and Education Monuments Economy Sport Jan Kiepura."— Presentation transcript:
Informant History Culture and Education Monuments Economy Sport Jan Kiepura
Informant Region: Silesian District: City with county rights Municipal Law: 1902 Mayor: Kazimierz G ó rski Area: 91,06 km 2 Height: 250m above sea-level Population(2011): Population density: 2390 os./km 2 Postal Code: do Car Plates: SO Geographical location: 50°18N 19°10E City Office: ul. Zwycięstwa 20 Sosnowiecs position on the Polands map Sosnowiecs crest Sosnowiecs flag
History Sosnowiec as the city boasts just over a century ago (city rights since 1902). But mention of the settlement in these areas are much older and date back to the Piast dynasty. The first reports of Zagórze, located within the current boundaries of the city, from Equally old is Klimontów. According to the oldest messages was the village belonging to a knight Klimunta. Documents of the fourteenth century mention such villages as Milejowice and Pogonia. 200 years later we can get information about the settlement ant colony, which later changed its name to Modrzejów, and the Niwka. Areas where currently there is Sosnowiec belonged to the Duchy of Siewierski and belonged to the dukes of Silesia, and later came under the rule of the Bishops of Krakow. This area in 1790 was drafted into the Polish Crown. After the third partition settlements included in the current Sosnowiec were part of Prussia, after 1807, were in the Duchy of Warsaw, and in 1815 were incorporated into the Polish Kingdom (Russian partition). The dynamic development of Sosnowiec in the nineteenth century is associated with the discovery of rich deposits of minerals, especially coal, and the development of railways. In 1848 the railway was built Maczki. Then the settlement was called Frontier. In fact she lay on the border of the two partitions - the Russian and Austro-Hungarian. In 1859 another station was established in the center of the future city. Then it built a branch of the Warsaw-Vienna. Coat of arms was designed by city architect Stefan Wyszewskiego (Byszewski) and operates unchanged from 13 September The dynamic development of Sosnowiec was halted by the outbreak of WWI. During the war and occupation destroyed many factories and mines. Sosnowiec just after the liberation actively joined the campaign to assist the inhabitants of Silesia during all three uprisings. Here were interviewed facility, recruiting offices, points of transit of weapons, ammunition and military equipment. In Sosnowiec, Upper Silesians Aid Committee was established, operated insurgent headquarters, hospitals, also issued to the press. Despite substantial losses as a result of the war, the industry in this area very quickly rose from the ruins. It was established at that time many new plants and businesses. Sosnowiec in 1927 became the seat of the Chamber of Commerce, whose work covered a wide range of economic, social, legal, etc. Another dramatic moments of our city experienced in Germans entered Sosnowiec 4 September and now on this day in public and individual executions were killed dozens of people - Poles and Jews. The district Środula was a ghetto where Jews were transported from all over the Basin. After several years of occupation of the Red Army liberated the city on 27 January 1945.
History June 14, 1999 Sosnowiec year visited the Holy Father - John Paul II, it was an unprecedented one of the most significant events in recent history. Pope's pilgrimage in 1999, lasted 13 days and was the longest so far. During the Holy Father spoke of the eight evangelical blessings. Pope's visit was accompanied by a huge struggle with a murderous program of pilgrimage, obsessions overzealous activists and politicians, and above all the physical suffering of the Pope. Under the Act of 5 June 1998, Sosnowiec from January 1, 1999 is re-city borough. One of the most important events in the city's history was the visit of Pope John Paul II in June The Pope met with hundreds of thousands of believers from around the Basin in the square in the middle of a housing estate in Zagórze. Since the beginning of the XXI century is changing radically Sosnowiec. The rebuilt city center with the railway station has become a showcase of Sosnowiec. With the largest, so far, the municipal capital investment Basin boasts one of the most beautiful and modern city centers in Poland. Developmental changes are progressing, so that finally began to decrease unemployment, and this means that the most difficult times of transformation Sosnowiec is already behind.
Culture and Education City Club of Jan Kiepura Founded in 1983, from the beginning has been identified with the figure of the great Pole, tenor, Sosnowiec - Jan Kiepura. Undoubtedly, this figure has set key objectives and targets facility, which was and is to promote musical culture among children, adolescents and adults. Club assiduously promotes these aspects, with special music poważnej.Zamierzony aim of favoring the facility is consistentlyimplemented by constantly organizing regular events and open concerts: classical music, jazz, pop, theater, cabaret, previews, exhibitions, surveys and competitionsand tournaments, dance. Museum in Sosnowiec The Museum started its activities in 1985 as a branch of the Upper SilesianMuseum in Bytom. Ten years later the facility was taken over by the governmentSosnowiec, and has since operated as the Museum in Sosnowiec. In the 25 years of activity around 500 exhibitions held at the headquarters and in the country and abroad, and attracted over visitors. Centre for Education and Youth Education KANA Kana Center opened its doors for the first time in Then initiated the activity of the NGO that acting within the public utility shall endeavor to correct psycho-motor development of young people. City ClubMaczki Functioned from 1947 to mid-70s the last century as a center of the State water supply facilities. Seized by the municipality in 1990 with the established in 1997 a branch in Klimontów. As the only cultural institution in the district of club culture-plays an important role. Since the beginning of its activities places particular emphasis on working with children and youth. Had various circles of interest, learn to play musical instruments, art workshops, sports teams, whose members practice their skills in tennis, basketball and volleyball. Basin Theatre Basin Theatre was founded in 1897 as a sixth theater in Poland. It was built by Charles Steczkowski architectural plans, originally planned as a complex: Winter Theatre, Hotel Saski, summer theater. On several occasions, changed the name of the object: Polish Theatre (1920), City Theatre (1927), Basin Theatre (1955). Also, many times rebuilt the historic block. The current shape is due to the last upgrade executed in the years and extension carried out in The Public Library is the largest in Sosnowiec, and one of the oldest institutions ofdissemination of culture in the city. Its roots go back to the history of Sosnowiecturn of the century, has since 1899 operated on the premises lending library"Knowledge" - the first public library in Sosnowiec.
Municipal House of Culture "Kazimierz The building which now houses the Municipal House of Culture "Kazimierz" is built in the mid 60s of last century by the coal mine "Kazimierz-Juliusz". Facility under the auspices of the mine operated until the early 90's. However, due to financial problems related to systemic transformations, the authorities decided to close themine facility. For several years, House of Culture did not work. Only in 2004, the mine management decided to transfer the building in the lending communitySosnowiec. First House of Culture functioned as a branch of the City Club Maczki". Egzotarium is located in the city park. Leon Kruczkowski the east side of Kresowa street. It is located among the trees on the main avenue leading from the Pilsudzki street towards the river Brynica. The area is isolated and fenced, with visible greenhouse palm house at the entrance of the alley. Since 1935, there were in Sosnowiec city gardens and botanical garden, with beautiful specimens of exotic plants. Have been destroyed during the occupation. Department of Computer Science and Materials Science consists of the Institute of Computer Science, Institute of Materials Science and Department of Materials Science. In Sosnowiec his home to the Institute of Materials Science and cathedral. Institute of Computer Science was founded as the Institute of Information Science and Technology in Then offer a master's degree majoring in scientific and technical information. Currently available are three-year bachelor and two- year complementary MA in Computer Science. Department of Materials Science specializes in engineering and technology. Humanitas School in Sosnowiec Created in April 23rd, Is currently the largest university in the region of Silesia professional-Dabrowski. WSH is a self- financing institution, operating on a non-profit, all income is intended to cover the activities office. Humanitas Academy educates the following disciplines: administration (studies I and II level), Journalism and Communication (first cycle), European (first cycle), English Studies (bachelor degree), education (bachelor degree), politics (cycle) and management (First and second degree). Leaders create more than 350 university researchers, including over 90 professors and associate professors. Culture and Education
College of Engineering, Safety and Ecology of Sosnowiec created by decision of the Ministry of National Education. The university also takes shape in the system costs of postgraduate studies and consulting work ie business stated in the Statutes. The school received a positive opinion of the Accreditation Commission public holidays you. WSIBiE which takes significant challenge corresponding to which the vital needs of the region in the shape of human resources capable of modern education filled her corpse the requirements of the national economy especially in areas such as management of companies, exercising managerial functions in the institutions of state-owned, private and governmental organizations, local self. Silesian University - Faculty of Philology Faculty of Philology was founded August 16, 1973 year on the basis of the Minister of Higher Education, Science and Technology. Currently, the structure of the Department comprises 13 faculty units, ie 10 institutes and three chairs: the Institute of Polish Literature, Institute of Cultural Studies, the Institute of Polish Language, Institute of Library and Information Science, English Language Institute, the Institute of Culture and Literatures English- speaking, the Institute of Translation and Romance Languages, Institute of German Studies, the Institute of Slavonic Philology, Institute of East Slavonic Philology, Department of Classical Philology, Department of comparative Literature, Department of Teaching Polish Language and Literature. Silesian University - Department of Earth Sciences In 1973, the Institute of Biology, University of Silesia was an independent Department of Geography, in which worked doc. Assoc. John Trembaczowski, prof. Assoc. Joseph Szaflarski, Tadeusz Szczypek MA, MSc. Stanislaus Kobylecka, Zbigniew M. Widera. He was the nucleus formed in 1974, the Department of Earth Sciences. The first entrance examination was conducted in July 1974, the geographical direction. Medical University of Silesia - Faculty of Pharmacy created in 1971, is one of the five faculties of Silesian Medical Academy. Currently, the Department and the Department of Plant located in several buildings, located both in Sosnowiec and Katowice. The Faculty of Pharmacy and Laboratory Medicine educates about 1800 students, the five conducted by the Department of directions, ie in the direction of pharmacy, medical analytics, biotechnology, cosmetology, and computer science - in the specialties: bioinformatics. Studies are conducted in a single system studies degree (pharmacy, medical analytics, biotechnology), and - in a two-cycle system (biotechnology, cosmetology, computer science). Culture and Education
Monuments Castle of Sielec Dietls Palace Vera's First Holy Orthodox Church Church of St. John the Baptist
Monuments Shoens Palace The church of Saint Joachim Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption Folk House in Ostrowy Górnicze
Economy The city operates according to GUS businesses, including the majority of micro-enterprises operating in the service sector. The city operates the Katowice Special Economic Zone - Sub Sosnowiecko-Dabrowska, the five areas located within the city. Mining and Metallurgy In the nineteenth century near the town of Sosnowiec discovered rich deposits of minerals, especially coal, sand, stone and clay bricks. Natural resources and easy access to water (the river is a Black and Biała Przemsza, Brynica and Bobrek) resulted in rapid development of the mining industry, reaching for the development of metallurgy, and then the other branch. Active Minig Plants: KWK Kazimierz-Juliusz w Sosnowcu Kazimierzu Górniczym CTL Maczki-Bór Sp. z o.o. w Sosnowcu Maczkach - mining, processing and transport of sand and servicing of rolling stock Active Smelters: Mittal Steel Poland SA Oddział Sosnowiec (dawna Huta Cedler) w Sosnowcu Dańdówce - iron foundry and steel mill Huta im. M. Buczka w Sosnowcu Pogoni i Sosnowcu Konstantynowie - production of cylinders and tubes Manufacturing Industry Due to the unique location and the existence of the Katowice Special Economic Zone and two industrial and technological parks in Sosnowiec in 2000 created factories which are branches of international companies. Among them, having the greatest importance to the economy of the city are: Foster Wheeler Energia Polska sp. z o.o. w Sosnowcu Środuli - manufacture of industrial boilers and heat exchangers TIMKEN Polska sp. z o.o. w Sosnowcu Pogoni - manufacture of rolling bearings BITRON Poland sp. z o.o. w Sosnowcu Dańdówce - production of parts for automobiles and home appliances CEBI Poland Sp. z o.o. - w Sosnowcu Niwce - design and production of parts for cars and home appliances HORMANN Polska Sp. z o.o. - w Sosnowcu Milowicach - production of metal parts such as gates SEGU Polska Sp. z o.o. - production of connectors and wire harnesses CATERPILLAR w Sosnowcu Dańdówce - production of parts for construction machinery DUDA - Meat processing plant in Sosnowiec Milowice
Market In Sosnowiec has its own facility, most retail chains, with their share in common a number of retail outlets. Among other things, Biedronka 12 shops, Żabka 9, Plus 2, Lidl 3. The city has four major shopping centers: Auchan with shopping mall, shopping center with a myriad of Carrefour hypermarket, shopping center with hypermarket Real Sosnowiec, Plaza Shopping Center, Fashion House Outlet Centre and hypermarkets Castorama, Decathlon, Leroy Merlin, Makro Cash and Carry. In early 2008, was opened a large exhibition center Expo Silesia exhibition space with a target of m2, which hosts international fairs. Transport EUROTERMINAL-handling terminal in Sosnowiec Kazimierz, the transfer station to station and Silesia Sosnowiec South Logistics Center with an area of 3.187m 2. Employment The income per capita in the amount of PLN an average 102.3% 111.8% region and the national average. At the end of 2004 there were unemployed, which represents 8.48% of the population, employment and declared people, or 29.72% of the population. The remaining people of working age, but inactive, in conjunction with registered unemployed, determines the actual rate of unemployment in Sosnowiec at 35.56%. In April 2007 the unemployment rate stood at 15.7%. At the end of August 2010, the number of unemployed was 10.1 thousand or 12.1%. Shopping Center Plejada Euroterminal Sławków Economy
Sport The main sports center in Sosnowiec is Zagłębie Sosnowiec, the club has three sports teams: football, basketball and ice hockey. Football: Founded: 1906 Successes: 4x vice Polish: 1955, 1964, 1967, x bronze medal in the Polish Championships: 1962, 1963, x Polish Cup: 1962, 1963, 1977, x Polish Cup finals: x League Cup final (unofficial) 1978 Ice Hockey: Founded: 1934 Successes: 5x Polish Championship: 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, Vice 3x Polish: 1978, 1979, x Bronze Medal of the Polish Championships: 1988, Basketball: Founded: 1975 Successes: 2x Polish Championship: 1985, x Bronze Medal of the Polish Championships: 1981, 1984, 1989, Polish Cup: MOS MKS Płomień From the first years of its existence MKS Sosnowiec lead youth training in the sections of football and basketball, and base the club is a Technical-Mechanical Metallurgy, where he works and runs a physical education teacher, co-founder of the club and its first secretary - John Waletkowski. In 1957, formed sections of athletics (founder and coach Jacek Siński), volleyball, and acrobatic gymnastics and handball. Over 50 years of the club is a period associated with the life of three generations. During this period, our club is the inspiration behind the development of physical culture and sport among young people, and educator of many athletes and officials. AKS Niwka The club was founded in 1917 in the village Niwka, incorporated as a district in Sosnowiec in Initially it was named Niweczanka, which in 1932 changed to the Amateur Sports Club Niwka. During World War II, the band took part in the competition for the title Basin Dabrowski. In the years and again in the season occurred at level II Polish league. The club was sponsored by the coal mine Niwka-Modrzejów and Mining Machinery Manufacturing Plant. In 1985 he lost in 1/16 finals of the later winner of the Polish Cup "GKS Katowice". In 2001 the club changed its name from the AKS AKS miner Niwka Sosnowiec Sosnowiec. In 2011, the club takes part in the competition class district of Silesia. Czarni Sosnowiec KKS Czarni Sosnowiec - Polish male and female football club in Sosnowiec. Men's Group is currently playing in League IV. Female group is currently playing in the Women's League. Founded in 1924, the most successful is to get 12 Polish Championships, 11 Cup Polish and 12 Polish Championship in five indoor football for the female section.
Jan Kiepura John Victor Kiepura (born May 16, 1902 in Sosnowiec, died. On August 15, 1966 in Harrison, near New York) - Polish singer (tenor) and actor. His wife Martha Eggerth (two years later his brother was born Wladyslaw - including tenor, appearing later as Ladis Kiepura). Probably enjoyed the greatest international fame and popularity among Polish singers of the interwar period, successful on the stages leading theaters in the world, as well as in concert halls and on the cinema screen. With the money earned on the world scene in the interwar period, built in Krynica-Zdroj villa "Patria", costing three million U.S. dollars - the place of filming several films in the late 30th Since 1967, annually held in Krynica-Zdroj European Festival of them. Jan Kiepura (formerly Festival of arias and songs to them. Jan Kiepura). He appeared in twelve films, music, Polish and foreign (eg What you do not think (1926), Naples, singing city (1930), I capture you (1933). Since 1912, he attended the seven-Male School of Economics in Sosnowiec, renamed after independence at the National Gymnasium. Stanislaw Staszic. In 1919 he joined the army voluntarily (I Bytomskich Rifle Regiment). He participated in the first Silesian uprising. During the Polish-Soviet War (1920) for a few months spent in a military unit in Torun and non-commissioned officers school in Grudziadz. In November 1920, he returned to school, where in June 1921 he graduated. Since October 1921, studied law at Warsaw University. Simultaneously, he studied singing at the Wenceslas Brzezinski. In February 1924 he was admitted to the Warsaw Opera as an apprentice. Removed from the theater after a few months, he settled in Sosnowiec, where he practiced singing under the direction of Ignatius Warmuth. he was again in the United States. In 1958 he visited the country - has performed in major Polish cities.
He made his debut on the opera stage Lviv (15 and 1925), and then at the Warsaw Opera (11 February 1925) in "Faust" by Ch. Gounod (main role). In 1926 he went to Vienna and there from performances at the Staatsoper ("Tosca", "Turandot" by G. Puccini) began his international career. He performed in Berlin, London, Paris, Buenos Aires, La Scala in Milan (since 1929), in Copenhagen, the Metropolitan Opera in New York (since 1938). Kiepura to the huge popularity helped stage performances and music in movies (including "Naples, the city singing," "For you I sing," "Song of Love"). Before World War II also performed in the country, including to the Fund of National Defence. In 1940 he settled in the United States, where he and his wife Martha Eggerth (wedding took in 1936 in Katowice) also appeared in operettas (from 1944 to 1946 on Broadway in "The Merry Widow" by Lehar F.). In the years he lived in Western Europe. He appeared in films (including "bohemian charm," "Waltz brillante," "Land of Smiles") and on the stage operetta. Since 1952 Jan Kiepuras monument in Sosnowiec Jan Kiepura
Famous people from Sosnowiec Edward Gierek (born January 6, 1913 in Porąbka - ob. District of Sosnowiec, d.July 29, 2001 in Cieszyn) - Polish politician, communist activist, Secretary of the Communist Party Central Committee, Member of Parliament PRLI, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII and VIII of the term. Member of the Council of State. Marian Malina in the years he studied Fine Arts in Cracow under the supervision of George Fedkowicz, Konrad and Andrzej Jurkiewicz Srzednicki.Then he worked at his alma mater in the laboratory and in the evening drawingLithography Workshop prof. Srzednicki Konrad, whose assistant he was for Jan Ciszewski (born May 22, 1930 in Sosnowiec, d. November 12, 1982 in Warsaw) - Polish journalist and sport s commentator. Pola Negri actually Barbara Apolonia Chalupiec (born January 3, 1897w Lipno, d.August 1, 1987 in San Antonio, Texas) - Polish theater and film actress, international star of silent movies. When traveling from Warsaw to Berlin at the beginning. 1919, it stopped at t he border station in Sosnowiec, rekwirując box with a copy of her first film, Fri "Slave of the senses." Finally, a misunderstanding led to establishing a closeacquaintance with the commander of the Border Guard, Lieutenant EugeneDąmb skim and in November the same year married couple.
. Creator: Adam Pietkun Sources: Graphics used from public sources through Some of the pictures used belong to Dawid Chalimoniuk.