Presentation on theme: "THESE FAMOUS BELGIANS. You will find here 8 questions about Belgian celebrities in every domain with tree clues for each question. The questionnaire is."— Presentation transcript:
THESE FAMOUS BELGIANS
You will find here 8 questions about Belgian celebrities in every domain with tree clues for each question. The questionnaire is at the end with helpful links. Be careful the links are not in the correct order.
1) Do you know the laziest and funniest office employee ? Here is Gaston Lagaffe : Who is the autor of this comic strip ?
Clue n.1 : It isnt Hergé ! Clue n.2 : He also created a strange black and yellow animal with a long tail. Clue n. 3 : he worked on the Spirou et Fantasio comic strip from 1947 to 1969
2) Which is the name of the Belgian comedian ? Benoît Poelvoorde Dany Boon Clue nr 1 : He was born 22 September 1964, in Namur, Belgium Clue nr 2: He starred in several movies such as Les Randonneurs, Le Boulet and Podium, which made him famous in France and Belgium Clue nr 3: In 2008, his performance in the movie Astérix aux Jeux olympiques won him critical acclaim by both film critics and the public at large.
3) Do you know who this singer is? Clue nr 1 : He was born on the 8th April 1929 and died on the 9th October Clue nr 2 : He was widely considered a master of the modern chanson. Although he recorded most of his songs in French, he became a major influence on English- speaking songwriters and performers such as David Bowie, Leonard Cohen, and Rod McKuen. Clue nr 3 :English translations of his songs were recorded by many top performers in the United States, including Ray Charles, Judy Collins, John Denver, the Kingston Trio, Nina Simone, Frank Sinatra, Scott Walker, and Andy Williams.
4) He was simply the greatest cyclist of all time. Nicknamed The Cannibal for his insatiable appetite for victories, he won virtually every important race, most multiple times. Who was he ? Clue nr 1 : Born on June 17, 1945, he rode for thirteen seasons, but thoroughly dominated cycling for a full ten years like no one else had before or since. Clue nr 2 : His first major victory came in the 1966 Milan-San Remo race aged 20. Clue nr 3 : He won the Tour de France five times, the Giro d'Italia five times and the Vuelta a Espana once for a total of eleven Grand Tour victories.
5) Do you know who this man is? Clue nr 1: Hes not a man of the showbiz. Clue nr 2: He married Princess Paola Ruffo di Calabria in Brussels. Together they have three children, two sons and a daughter. Clue nr 3: Belgium is a constitutional monarchy
6) Do you recognize these women? Clue n°1: They are both sportive women. Clue n°2: One of them was born on 8 June 1983, in Bilzen, Limburg, in the Flemish Region of Belgium and the other was born in Liège, in the Walloon Region of Belgium. Clue n° 3 : In June 2011, TIME magazine named them one of the "30 Legends of Women's Tennis: Past, Present and Future"
7) Who is this strange woman with original hats? Clue 1: She doesnt belong to the fashion world. Clue 2: she was born in Kobe in Japan Clue 3 : « Hygiene of the Assassin », «The Stranger next Door », « Fear and Trembling » are some of her works.
8) Who is this painter? Clue 1: He was born in Lessines, in the Hainaut, on November 21st, 1898 Clue 2: Opened in June, 2009, one Museum is dedicated to the works of this surrealist artist Clue 3 : In his honnor, an equivalent of American Oscars and French Césars has been created in Belgium
Those links can help you : merckx.html Questionnaire 1)Who is the autor of this comic strip ? 2)Which is the name of the belgian comedian ? 3)Do you know who is the singer ? 4)Who is the Cannibal? 5)Do you know who is this man ? 6)Do you recognize these women? 7)Who is this strange woman with original hats? 8)Who is this painter?
We havent had the time to present you all our celebrities. You can find here some of them: Kevin and Jonathan Borlée Cécile de France François DamiensJean-Claude Van Damme HergéPeyo Hooverphonic