Presentation on theme: "Natalie Martin. I. Animal cruelty for the use of fur in the fashion industry shows little regard to the animals that are abused. Its use and the effects."— Presentation transcript:
I. Animal cruelty for the use of fur in the fashion industry shows little regard to the animals that are abused. Its use and the effects may not balance the need. Although animal extremists go too far at times, something must be done to prevent the imaginable cruelty.
1) fur factory farmsdismal, often filthy places where thousands of animals are usually kept in wire cages for their entire lives 2) There are various types of traps, including snares, underwater traps, and Conibear traps, but the steel-jaw trap is the most widely use B. peta.org 1) The most common animals used for fur are raccoons, chinchillas, dogs, cats, seals, minks, beavers, fox, and bears. 2) Waste from fur farms are poisoning our waterways. 3) In Denmark, where more than 2 million minks are killed for their fur annually, more than 8,000 pounds of ammonia is released into the atmosphere each year. 4) Producing a fur coat from ranch-raised animals takes more than 15 times as much energy as does producing a faux-fur coat.
1) Stylists often will lie about he fur being real or not to try and get a model to wear it. D. www.peta2.orgwww.peta2.org 1) Many people wear fur for the warmth, but we live in a time where we do not need to resort to animal fur for warmth with all of the fibers and materials available to us today. 2) Looking at it from the other side, is it okay to use the fur if the animal is already going to be killed for food? 3) Fur is used in the Fashion Industry merely for vanity. 4) Our planet is going down the tube and we are worried about fashion? This is the reason for the extinction of so many animals and a cause of pollution.
1) The following companies are known to sell mislabeled faux fur coats. DKNY, Lord and Taylor, Ross, D.E.M.O, Rocawear, Macy's, Baby Phat, J.C. Penney and Burlington Coat Factory. 2) The garments that are supposedly faux fur are usually dog and cat fur. F. www.gopetition.com/petitions/banthe useoffurinthefashionindustry.htmlwww.gopetition.com/petitions/banthe useoffurinthefashionindustry.html 1) This is a petition that is trying to shut down fur farms and no longer contribute to the use of fur in the fashion industry.
1) Norway made a great impact by being the first country to ban fur from its Oslo Fashion Week. 2) A large majority of large names in Fashion Week use real fur for their clothing, which prevented many of them from showing their collection in Norways Fashion Week.
1) Animals are tortured and skinned alive for their fur, even after they are skinned most still remain alive for quite some time and suffer a slow, painful death, then they are just thrown into a pile like they are trash. 2) On the fur farms the animals are kept in tiny cages for months or sometimes years, living their lives without being able to even move an inch. 3) A lot of the animals resort to cannibalism because they are so rarely fed and malnourished.