Presentation on theme: "US PATENT 6,324 980 B1. ¿WHAT IS PARAPLUG? A conical plug for sealing a blast hole in open cut mining. Support any explosives load or stemming. Useful."— Presentation transcript:
US PATENT 6, B1
¿WHAT IS PARAPLUG? A conical plug for sealing a blast hole in open cut mining. Support any explosives load or stemming. Useful for decking in under seam blasting operations.
PARAPLUG IS A NEW ALTERNATIVE TO OVERCOME MANY DIFFICULTIES
Reduces Anfo consumption Reduces stemming labor Minimizes stemming projection Explosive could be located in hard strata when necessary Expensive emulsion could be replaced by Anfo
1. DRY HOLES Stemming Anfo Air Deck Anfo reduction 20% to 40% Stemming reduction Paraplug Vs.
2. WET HOLES / DYMANIC WATER Stemming Emulsion Water Deck Paraplug Contaminated Emulsion Vs.
3. WET HOLES / DYMANIC WATER Water Deck Paraplug Air Deck Paraplug Anfo Stemming Emulsion Contaminated Emulsion Vs.
4. WET HOLES / DYNAMIC WATER Water Deck Paraplug Water Deck Paraplug Stemming Emulsion Contaminated Emulsion Vs.
5. WET HOLES / STATIC WATER Paraplug Air Deck Paraplug Anfo Water Deck Stemming Emulsion Contaminated Emulsion Vs.
2. To use the conical plug, first hold the disc with the hands and the stabilizer weight hanging down from the disc.
3. Force the circular sector to take the form of a cone placing the radial overlap edge of the circular sector under the hook lug until the two slots coincide, holding the cone shape in the overlap zone with one hand.
4. Insert the tenon of the trigger through the two slots.
5. Raise the PARAPLUG ® by the support yarn.
6. Lower the PARAPLUG ® into the blast hole to the specified depth.
7. Holding the PARAPLUG® by the support yarn drop the weight to release the trigger causing the base of the cone to expand striking the walls of the blast hole. The yarn should be tensioned until the stemming has been completed.
Stemming Anfo Air Deck Anfo reduction 20% to 40% Stemming reduction Paraplug