Presentation on theme: "HOME INTRODUCTION TASK PROCESS RESOURCES EVALUATION CONCLUSION DATA COMMUNICATIONS Done by: Ms. Camille Brown Subject: Information Technology Grade: 11."— Presentation transcript:
HOME INTRODUCTION TASK PROCESS RESOURCES EVALUATION CONCLUSION DATA COMMUNICATIONS Done by: Ms. Camille Brown Subject: Information Technology Grade: 11
HOME INTRODUCTION TASK PROCESS RESOURCES EVALUATION CONCLUSION INTRODUCTION You overheard your teacher speaking with a colleague in the classroom one day. Your teacher said Im going to blue-tooth that video to you later man, that transmission media is so convenient. His colleague then responded Yeah! Its way better than infrared. I tell you, data communication is such a wonderful thing! Its a good thing my phone is bluetooth compatible.His phone then rings and he walks off to answer. You are now left wondering: What is Data Communication? What is a transmission media? What is bluetooth? What are the components necessary for data communication?
HOME INTRODUCTION TASK PROCESS RESOURCES EVALUATION CONCLUSION Your task is to now: 1. Get into a group of 3 persons and conduct a research using the internet on What is Data Communication, what are transmission media and what are the components required for data communication. 3. Do a creative presentation to the other members of the class on what you have learnt. 3.You must also create models of various transmission media or source samples to show students. 4. Complete this crossword puzzle. View process page for instructions. http://wps.pearsoned.co.uk/ema_uk_he_halsall_compnet_5/ 31/8116/2077901.cw/content/index.html TASK Do crossword
HOME INTRODUCTION TASK PROCESS RESOURCES EVALUATION CONCLUSION Follows these steps to accomplish your task: 1.Form a group with three persons. 2.Then Locate websites and gather information on data communication, transmission media and the components required for data communication. Each group member is responsible for a single question. You can check the resource page for assistance. 3.Plan your group presentation using the info that you gathered. You can use cardboard or other materials to create the models if you cant find real examples. 4.Print the crossword puzzle or write it off and complete it. Present this the end of class. PROCESS
HOME INTRODUCTION TASK PROCESS RESOURCES EVALUATION CONCLUSION These should help with your research: 1.CXC IT – Data CommunicationsCXC IT – Data Communications 2.http://www.camiresearch.com/Data_Com_Basi cs/data_com_tutorial.htmlhttp://www.camiresearch.com/Data_Com_Basi cs/data_com_tutorial.html 3.http://www.theitlibrary.com/communications. Html.http://www.theitlibrary.com/communications. Html Use this for practice questions: 4.http://wps.pearsoned.co.uk/ema_uk_he_halsa ll_compnet_5/31/8116/2077901.cw/content/ind ex.htmlhttp://wps.pearsoned.co.uk/ema_uk_he_halsa ll_compnet_5/31/8116/2077901.cw/content/ind ex.html
HOME INTRODUCTION TASK PROCESS RESOURCES EVALUATION CONCLUSION EVALUATION CriteriaExcellentSatisfactoryPoorTotal Accuracy of Content Information presented was very accurate Information was fairly accurate Information was not at all valid 10 mrks Evidence of research Very good References are provided the source of the information Minimal references provided No references provided 5 mrks Group Involvement High level of participation for each group member Only 2 members participated. One member did all the work 5 mrks Creativity with presentatio n Very Good uses of charts, role play, music etc. Fairly good incorporatio n of charts, role play etc. No creativity. 5 mrks Total
HOME INTRODUCTION TASK PROCESS RESOURCES EVALUATION CONCLUSION Now that you have done your research, complete this jeopardy to test what you have learnt. Click PLAYPLAY CONCLUSION
Across 1. The process of sharing data, instructions and info. 4. Computer on a network. 6. Using waves to transmit data. 7. Device that receives information. Down 2. Connection device on a network. 3. Wired channel. 5. Fastest physical transmission. 8. Wireless media that is located above the earth. 9. Also known as a TV wire. 10. Name for phone lines. 11. A device that sends information. Complete this crossword puzzle VIEW CROSSWORD BACK TO TASK PAGE BACK TO TASK PAGE
Bluetooth! ITS DATA COMMUNICATION Time now!!! LETS GO!!
500 1500 1000 500 1500 JEOPARDY 500 1000 1500 BACK TO TASK PAGE
To play this game, follow these simple instructions: 1. Select a shape on the jeopardy board 2. Then answer the questions that appear 3. At the end, calculate your total score GO
1.This is defined as the process by which two or more computers share or transmit data, instructions and information. a. Sharing Sharing b. Data communication Data communication c. Storage Storage d. Processing Processing
2. How many components are required for successful communication to occur? a.) 33 b.) 22 c.) 55 d.) 44
3.The five components required for successful data communication are the: -Sending device -Communication Device (at sending end) -Communication Channel -Communication Device(at receiving end) -Receiving device
4. A computer, a PDA or a laptop can function both as a sending device and a receiving device.
5. A modem is an example of a: a. communications device communications device b. communications channel communications channel c. sending device sending device d. receiving device receiving device
6. A modem converts from digital to analog through a process called modulation and from analog to digital through a process called demodulation.
7. Another name for the term communications channel is: a. Transmission Media Transmission Media b. Carrier Carrier c. Source Source d. Transporter Transporter
8. What are the 2 types of transmission media: a. Physical and wirelessPhysical and wireless b. Bluetooth and CablesBluetooth and Cables c. Computers and Floppy DisksComputers and Floppy Disks d. Input and OutputInput and Output
9. Examples of Wireless transmission Media include: a. Bluetooth, infrared, microwave Bluetooth, infrared, microwave b. Bluetooth, twisted pair, fiber optic Bluetooth, twisted pair, fiber optic c. Microwave, coaxial cable, infrared Microwave, coaxial cable, infrared d. Water, light, air Water, light, air
10. Examples of Physical transmission media are: a. Twisted pair, coaxial cable, fiber optic Twisted pair, coaxial cable, fiber optic b. Bluetooth, infrared, microwave Bluetooth, infrared, microwave c. copper, zinc, wirecopper, zinc, wire d. light, T.V, Radio light, T.V, Radio
11. Identify the type of physical transmission media that is shown below. a. Coaxial Cable Coaxial Cable b. Twisted PairTwisted Pair c. Bluetooth Bluetooth d. Phone Line Phone Line
12. Identify the type of transmission medium that is shown below. a. Coaxial Cable Coaxial Cable b. Twisted Pair Twisted Pair c. Fiber-Optic cable Fiber-Optic cable d. Phone line Phone line
13. Identify the type of wireless transmission media that is shown below a. Satellite Satellite b. Bluetooth Bluetooth c. Ultra violet Rays Ultra violet Rays d. Infrared Infrared
15. Data communication has to take place a. Over a network Over a network b. With a computer With a computer c. With a transmission medium With a transmission medium d. Using a post office Using a post office