Presentation on theme: "C USTOM WOOD FLOORING Installed at 5 FOX HOLE ROAD LADERA RANCH, CA C RAFTSMAN HOUSE BUILT BY."— Presentation transcript:
C USTOM WOOD FLOORING Installed at 5 FOX HOLE ROAD LADERA RANCH, CA C RAFTSMAN HOUSE BUILT BY
D uring stages of the Architectural Interior Design for materials and details selections across all trades, K ushnir decided that the majority of the 4300 sq. ft. of allocated floor space should be geometrically designed parquet wood flooring.
The following is a list of Technical data adhered to in the Total design of the floor:
1. r ussian rift and quarter sawn White Oak was selected for beauty and durability while remaining consistent with the style.
2. A ll logging materials were specifically milled, cut, and callipered into custom sizes.
3. W ood strips were engineered of solid wood with a life time solid layer, and a solid wood shredded bottom sub base which was glued in to a sandwich and will be able to withstand any climate conditions.
4. A u niversal 3 wide wood strip was used to contain the materials in panels, forming a geometrical tile for a cozy appearance.
5. A n Insured limited lifetime warranty lumber was laboratory tested. The test didnt Exceed 8% of the moisture content which is normally 10% conventional.
6. A border was designed between areas mirroring the wood cover and reflecting the ceiling, giving it a classic look for each area.
7. M ultiple drawings were created to select the best design.
8. B order lengths were custom made for each area. Approx. 1000 sq. ft. and were glued together to keep joints sized evenly and in the middle of all crossover borders.
9. M osaic f rieze which is the secondary border, was invented to balance the design features and to allow geometrically fabricated modules to be installed without cutting them to fit the pre-existing room size.
10. A t the ENTRY HALL, and the 2nd FLOOR GALLERY, the center of the canned light was calculated to reflect on the center of the mosaic composition.
11. G lued wooden tiles were constructed in a variety of different sizes as large as possible. The largest glued panel was 48 x 54.
12. T reads, risers and elevator floor were built using the same techniques to keep the consistency of the project.
13. Many Design options were kept within budgetary considerations.
14. G rooves were made around tile perimeters to be used for spline or biscuits insuring easy installation and surface levelling control.
15. c ost saving methods were developed to control the waste of materials, production steps, and installation process.
16. E ach area of composition was manufactured and assembled at the factory floor in r ussia. It was disassembled, marked and inventory labelled before delivery to the job site.
K ushnir States: It Was An Honor To Fulfill The Traditional Works Of The Masters Such As W illiam M orris, G ustav S tickley, F rank L loyd W right And Others. It Was Also An Honor To Add To Their True Vision, Success In Experimental Design, And Be Able To Integrate Such Industrialism Of Factories And Craftsmanship. A nd K ushnir Adds, Extraordinarily, This Creates A Priceless Consideration In The Area Of Design, Craftsmanship And Engineer Technology That Leads To The Future Fulfillment Of The American Craftsman Home.
To visit K ovcheg P arquet website go to: www.parket.ru To Contact B oris K ushnir call: 323.766.0077