Presentation on theme: "Presented by: Michael Cherkassky, Supervised by: Prof. Danny Raz."— Presentation transcript:
Presented by: Michael Cherkassky, Supervised by: Prof. Danny Raz
* Virtual Machine * Migration * Live Migration * Real-Time Real Time Issues in Live migration of Virtual Machines
PH - 1 PH - 2
PH - 1 What was transmitted?
PH - 1PH - 2
* Goals: * Identify requirements of live migration process * Motivation for finding a method for ordering the page transfer
Conclusion: It is possible to achieve a negligible increase in down- time with a substantial decrease of overall migration time.
* Computational Resources: * Scheduling Guarantee by the Kernel – (Q, P) * Network Resources: * b needs to be constant * Possible to reserve
* The authors have modified the KVM hypervisor. * Page Tracing mechanism * Page accessed are traced within the hypervisor, using a bitmap * The implementation will exploit this information to modify transfer order
* Simulations - Virtualized VideoLAN Client (VLC) * 6500 mapped pages (16KB/page) * Transfer rate of 100MBit/sec. * 8 sec. (!)
* Its possible to minimize downtime and improve QoS with simple page ordering algorithms * With a certain bandwidth, LRU has been proved as an effective aid for page ordering, achieving good results. * Further Work needs to be done…