Presentation on theme: "adidas Electronic Body Protector Tournament Manual"— Presentation transcript:
1adidas Electronic Body Protector Tournament Manual
2Overview Introduction Benefits of the adidas EBP Technical Equipment 3.1. Electronic Body Protector (EBP)3.2. Electronic Scoring Machine (ESM)3.3. CTM Connection4. Tournament Software4.1. EBP/CTM in Connection with a tournament software4.2. Interaction between EBP, CTMand the tournament software5. Hit Level6. Setup Competition Area6.1. Graphic Overview6.2. Tournament Requirements6.3. EBP Placement6.4. Visualization (Competition Optic)7. Referees7.1. Center Referee7.2. Corner Judges7.3. Visualization (Referee Optic)7.4. Referee TableStaffAthletesCoachesContact
31. IntroductionThe use of the adidas Electronic Body Protector (EBP) sets a new standard in Taekwondo. It brings numerous advantages, but also requires a modified tournament setup.This tournament manual contains only recommendations and does not replace the EBP User Manual which is needed to install the system properly.For all technical support please refer to the EBP User Manual (CD-ROM/ or contact:Hotline: +49 (0)
42. Benefits of the adidas EBP Objectivity, transparency for all participantsAccurate measurementAccording to WTF rules and designBluetooth Technology for safe transmissionCalibration continuously adjustable to individual weight class and gender including vest size #0Registration of up to four repeated hits per secondFight protocol available in case of protestsLess referees needed
63.1. Electronic Body Protector (EBP) 3)4)2)5)1)1) Red Body Protector2) Blue Body Protector3) Sensor4) Charging Station5) CTM SoftwareSpecial attention:Pre-Charge all sensors at least 6-8 hours prior to the tournament
73.2. Electronic Scoring Machine (ESM) 2) Charging StationSpecial attention:Pre-Charge all ESM units at least 6-8 hours prior to the tournament2)1)
83.3. Combat Tournament Manager (CTM) In order to use the EBP and/or the ESM properly a computer or notebook with certain technical prerequisites and correctly installed CTM software is required and offers the following components:Connection capability via Bluetooth TechnologySelection possibility between competition or training modeConnection capacity with the tournament softwareIndividual settings (Hitlevel, Rules, Update, EBP or Handscoring etc.)Individual match protocol.If a fight is selected and started in Training or Combat Mode, the combat interface (Please refer to 7.3. Visualization (Referee Optic) is displayed. From this point there is no differentiation between Training or Combat Mode. This interface shows the current score, hit values, penalty points, cautions and other data.Furthermore, the main judge has the option to intervene in the fight.Note: If a fight was started in Combat Mode, the selected result and the winner are added to the pool list data bank and the next fight can be loaded and initiated.
104. Tournament SoftwareThe adidas EBP/CTM requires an interface with the tournament software in order to be used in a network. If not available it can be run in the training mode for the tournament.We recommend TAEKOPLAN as tournament software.The existing interface with the tournament software TAEKOPLAN guarantees optimal function for tournament use.The recommended software assures that all necessary specifics of the current and following matches are automatically updated into the CTM and all results are transferred back to the main server.A special software Update from Taekoplan is mandatory to run the CTM together with Taekoplan in a network!!!Contact Taekoplan: BudoScore Netherlands PortalAlphen aan den Rijn ZH, NetherlandsFor other interfaces please contact:
114.1. EBP/CTM in connection with a tournament software +ESMEBPCTMTournament softwareScoring deviceOn-time input by refereesScoreboard displayIndividual fight reportWeigh-inPool listsFight schedule input to CTMResult output from CTM
124.2. Interaction between EBP, CTM and the tournament software +Match resultNext match dataInteraction1234EBPCTMESMNetworkTournament softwareThe EBP and ESM transfervia Bluetooth the results tothe CTMBy wireless or cable network theCTM automatically transfers theresults of the previous matchto the main serverThe data for the followingfight is transfered to the CTMUpdate of pool listsand tournamentschedule1243
135. Hit LevelThe decision of the hit level for each weight class depends on the level of the competition and lies in the responsibility of the organiser in coordination with the referee comitee.However, we suggest that only the following recommended settings should be used to offer the best performance and results:
186.1. Graphic Overview XCJ XCJ XCR XT XF XFn XCn XStaff XC1 XC1 XF1 XF1 Corner JudgeCenter RefereeScreenStairsFighter blueFighter and Coaches following matchesXTXFXFnXCnCoach blueFighter redCoach red1,2,3…nMatch NumberXStaffReferee assistance staffXCRXC1XC1XF1XF1EntranceXCJInspection deskComputerReferee tableXStaffTable/Box for blue EBPXC2XF3XF2XC3Table/ Box for red EBPXF3XC3XC2XF2XStaffXStaff
196.2. Tournament Requirements 1 Competition area2 Competition areas3 Competition areas4 Competition areasMinimumMaximumEBP units/ size24861216Sensor unitsESM unitsSound system units1 24 3 6 8 Laptop units35Software units 11 Printer unitsNetwork cabel units2 Beamer/ Screen units2432Referees9StaffTechnical support (manpower)Weigh-in is the responsibility of the organizer and must be integrated within the actual tournament software used.The minimum quantitiy of EBP units can be reduced if most of the matches with the same vest size are shared on the same competition area.
206.3. EBP Placement 2 tables for each area (1x blue/ 1xred) Only referees or staff members are authorized at the EBP placementdesk and to handle the EBP No other persons, especially coaches or competitors, may assistThree pairs of athletes need to be taken care of at all times:1) Active pair (XF1) on the match area (one set of sensors)2) Pair of athletes (XF2) for following match fight. EBP and sensors already in place3) Third pair (XF3) of athletes waiting to receive the EBPPair 2 (XF2) and 3 (XF3) must remain next to the EBP placement desk (refer to 5.1.)
216.4. Visualization (Competition Optic) Hit ValueHit LevelWeight ClassRoundScorePenaltiesCompetitorMatch NumberRemaining TimeThe screen is designed for athletes, coaches and spectators and shows all relevant data
22One screen:Recommended screen size 42“One screen must be visible from the competition areaPlacement on the same side as the referee tableRequirements:1 Audio cable1 VGA cable2 Power supplyMore than one screen:Screens back-to-back and visible to all sides (refer to 5.2.)Additional amount of cables and powers supplies depends on the amount of screens1 Video-splitter1 Audio splitter extra VGA cableAttention:Assure that all cables have the correct connections for the screen and the laptop(e.g. VGA cable either male-female or male-male, depending on screen or laptop)
247.1. Center RefereeThe experience and qualification of the center referee is the relevant factor.He/She is the decisive person for the success of the competition.EBP System check:Confirmation of the functionality to all partiesCheck through a soft punch or kick on each of the competitors EBPRecommended to be done by the coachOK signal on the scoreboard is shown.For more details please refer to the EBP User Manual
25Knee kicksHandling strictly in accordance with existing WTF rulesManual deduction from the scoreboard (if an invalid point was scored with unusually high impact)Collision or knock-downInvolvement of arm or leg during a collision or knock-down could result in a pointManual deduction from the scoreboardProcedure:1) Kalyo2) Shigan3) Point deduction4) Kyongo/KamJom (if intentional)5) Kesok
267.2. Corner Judges Main responsibility for the head points (ESM) Simultaneous reaction within the time frame of 1.5 seconds according to WTF rulesRecommended positions are the corners 1 and 3. In case of a dead angle the corner judges may move along the boundary lineBody points are blocked during the use of the EBPCollateral observation on body points in case a mutual decision needs to be madeGreen button in the middle for On-/Off-Mode (Not to be used during competition!)The display in the middle of the ESM has no relevance except when using in Poomsae
277.3. Visualization (Referee Optic) This area is only visible at the referee tableThis screen is designed for the technical assistant and the operator and allows the input of penalty points, warnings and other data. Only the center referee has the option to decide and/or intervene in the fight. A clear communication between the center referee and the referee table is necessary.For more detailed information please refer to the EBP User Manual
281 Laptop user (Staff or technical assistant) 6-8 power supplies (Screen, Laptop, Sensor Charging Stations etc.)If the laptop stands on a tablecloth, overheating must be avoided! Place a small piece of wood or a similar object between the frontside of the laptop and the tablecloth to assure for proper ventilation.
298. StaffQuantityMinimum 1 staff per competition area (red + blue vest exchange)Recommended: 2 staff (1x blue vest exchange + 1x red vest exchange)1 staff per referee table (if service is not supplied by referee) laptop handlingWorkflowStep 1:Check correct EBP sizeThe vest size is indicated on the starter card of each athleteStep 2:Check regarding correct set (Set 1 or Set 2) of sensors!!!1) Active set on the competition area2) Second set prepared in the pair of EBPs for next competitionGood communication between referee table and staff is an important key for success!
30Step 3:Sensor check: Only the green light indicates that the sensor is on-lineStep 4:Check proper tube connection between sensor and inlayStep 5:Proper adjustment of the EBP (close to the body/no loose fitting)Step 6:EBP (including sensors) currently in use on the competition area must be collected immediately following each matchStep 7:The third pair of athletes needs to be prepared (Step 1-6)Step 8:Repetition of Step 1-7
319. Athletes XT XF XFn XCn 5 XC1 XC1 XF1 XF1 1 4 XC2 XF3 XF2 XC3 XF3 ScreenStairsFighter blueXTXFXFnXCnCoach blueFighter redCoach red1,2,3…n5XC1XC1Match NumberXF1XF1EntranceFighter and Coaches following matches14Inspection deskComputerReferee tableXC2XF3XF2XC3XF3XC3XC2XF2Table/Box for blue EBPTable/ Box for red EBPXStaffXStaff23
32Step : Inspection DeskCheck of starter card, protective gear (except Electronic Body Protector)Step : Electronic Body ProtectorOutfit by the staff with the correct EBPAccording to the WTF rules both athletes must wear the same vest size and each weight category needs to use the appropriate sizeStep : Waiting PositionWaiting position to avoid any time delayStep : Coach and break positionCoach and athlete take their designated position at the length of the competition areaStep : Fighting positionPosition of the athlete before and during the match12345
3310. CoachesCoaches are positioned next to the steps on the side of their athletes in accordance with WTF regulations
34For any further questions or discussion points we remain personally at your disposal: How to reach us:Tel.: +49 (0)Mobile: +49 (0)Jürgen BorkensteinManagerOlympic & Emerging Sports