Presentation on theme: "Elements of the Model for a National Data Network by Vincent O. Akinyosoye."— Presentation transcript:
Elements of the Model for a National Data Network by Vincent O. Akinyosoye
1. Data Nodes exist for official statistics at the national and sub- national levels in a National Statistical System(NSS). The NSO is the national Data Hub.
2. 2. A Virtual Cloud to serve as an umbrella for all data suppliers, producers and users within a country with connection to the outside world through the web. This is analogous to creating a National Data Nervous System (NDNS).
3. A National Data Centre (NDC) in the NSO to serve as the hub or platform for the National Data Network (NDN) with complementary Data Centers at the nodes, that is, other data producing organizations such as all Federal or National MDAs, Regional or State Statistical Offices, Regional or State MDAs, Local Government Statistical Units and lower level administrative units.
4. Physical and logical connections of all data centers through available technologies such as satellites, asymmetric digital subscriber lines (broadband), fiber optics, wireless and internet.
5. On-site and/or remote Data Recovery Sites (DRSs) for the National Data Centre and other data centers as a Data Back-up System (DBS).
6. A system for content development that will entail the identification of the operational micro and macro level statistical information that will be collected through censuses, surveys and routine administrative methods, transformed and integrated into a data pool in the data centers at the Data Nodes and at the Hub,that is, at the National Data Center.
7. Configuration of the Database Management Systems for managing all the micro and macro level statistical information that will be stored or warehoused in the data centers.
8. A Metadata System that will provide information about the methodologies for collecting the statistical information in the data centers including the concepts behind and definition and types of the data stored for use.
9. Construction of User Decision Support System (DSS) applications to generate information from the data pool, that is, a Business Intelligence Support System for information dissemination and decision making.
10. A communication system to move or transmit data and information within each organization in NSS or across organizations within the same location or town, in different location or towns and globally through the internet.
11. Preparation of the Data Network for Cloud Computing.
12. For NSOs with out-stations, establishment of a communication system to connect all out stations to the National Data Centre at the NSO head office.
Traditional Government Enterprise Statistical Information System
Electronic Government Enterprise Statistical Information System
The VPN Cloud of the Nigerian Data Nervous System (NDNS)
The National Data Centre showing the Communication, Server & Power Back-up Apartments Communication Apartment Server Apartment Power Back-Up & Fire Protection Apartment