Presentation on theme: "Welcome to the Academic year 2012/2013 The school prepares and conducts IGCSE Cambridge examination in Grade 10.(AE180) The AS Edexcel examination is conducted."— Presentation transcript:
Welcome to the Academic year 2012/2013 The school prepares and conducts IGCSE Cambridge examination in Grade 10.(AE180) The AS Edexcel examination is conducted in grade 11.(97323)
PREPARATION The p reparation f or IGCSE e xamination commences i n g rade 9. Sixty p ercent (60%) portion i s c ompleted in g rade 9. The remaining f orty percent (40%) i s d one in g rade 10 w ith immense p ractice i n solving t he p ast papers. Grade 11 A S i s t aught and s tudents a re made r eady f or t he examination i n J une.
Subjects IGCSE : 1. B iology 2. C hemistry 3. P hysics 4. M ath 5. E nglish a s a s econd l anguage 6. A rabic I GCSE 7. E nvironmental M anagement. Arabic I GCSE a nd E nvironmental Management i s n ot a pproved b y t he ministry o f e ducation b ut a re accepted i n s ome c ountries. The s chool o ffers I CT a nd S ociology as o ptional s ubjects f or w hich teachers h ave t o b e h ired. The s yllabus f or s ociology a nd I CT and E nvironmental m anagement i s Taught a nd c ompleted i n g rade 10 In a ddition t o t he a bove s ubjects students m ust t ake m inistry A rabic and I slamic s tudies a s c ompulsory subjects
AS EDEXCEL The s chool o ffers 4 subjects i n g rade 11: 1. B iology 2. P hysics 3. C hemistry 4. M ath, ( Arabic a nd I slamic ministry i s compulsary ).
Passing and promotion criteria It i s c ompulsory for s tudents t o pass 2 A S s ubjects to b e p romoted t o grade 12. T hey c an take a n e xtra subject b ut n ot less t han 2. The s tudents m ust pass 5 I GCSE subjects t o b e promoted t o g rade 11. The s chool a dvises them t o t ake a t least 6 s ubjects t o enter t he b oard examination.
Registration And Examination IGCSE e xamination a re c onducted t wice a y ear : O ctober, November a nd J une. AS e xamination a re a lso c onducted twice a y ear : January a nd J une. Registration f or N ovember S ession IGCSE a re d one a fter t he J une r esult i n August ( after 10 th ) f or t he R e s it a nd Improvement c andidates. Registration f or n ew s ubjects m ust b e done b y t he 6 th A ugust. Exams a re h eld i n m iddle o f O ctober a nd November. Results f or N ovember s ession i s a fter 2 month ( tentatively J anuary ). Registration f or J une s ession i s d one in F ebruary. Examination M id M ay / June. The r esults a re d eclared i n A ugust. AS R egistration f or J anuary s ession i s done i n M id S eptember, w hile t hat o f June s ession i s d one i n M id F ebruary. Exams : M id M ay / June. Results : J anuary r esults a fter 2 months ( Tentatively M arch ), J une r esults i n 2 nd w eek o f August.
Private Candidates The s chool b ears n o responsibility f or t he registration a nd stamping o f t he r esult o f private c andidate They h ave t o r egister from t he B ritish c ouncil
Discipline Attendance It i s m andatory f or t he students t o b e s erious and a ttentive i n c lass. Give r espect t o t he teacher a nd p articipate in c lass a ctivities. Attendance i n a ll subjects i s c ompulsory. Name o f s tudents remaining a bsent f or n o genuine r eason a nd f or a long p eriod o f t ime w ill be r eported t o t he ministry o f e ducation.
Quizzes and Mock Examination Students m ust a bide t o the s chedule o f t he quizzes a nd m ock examination, N O s tudents is a llowed t o r emain absent w ithout m edical certificate. Regular m onthly r eports on t he s tudents a cademic performance a nd t heir discipline i nside a nd outside c lassrooms w ill be c ommunicated t o t he parents
Punctuality All s tudents m ust a ttend school o n t ime. Students m ust n ot r emain absent e xcept o n m edical grounds. Grade 11 s tudents c lasses will c onclude a t 1:30 t hey will n ot b e a llowed t o leave s chool e arlier t han that
Uniform Students m ust a ttend school i n n eat a nd p roper uniform. F ailing t o d o s o, disciplinary a ction w ill be t aken a gainst t hem.